[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of these deals should I take? (Incarceration)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Things-To-Do_shutterstock_11.jpg (43KB, 1000x671px) Image search: [Google]
Things-To-Do_shutterstock_11.jpg
43KB, 1000x671px
I have a dui and am required to drive with a breathalyzer in my car. Long story short. I bought a new car. And there was a long delay having the company transfer breathlyzer from old car to new car. I had places to go. Drove new car anyways. Got pulled over. Charged with avoidance of an IID device. There are two offers they are making me for this new charge. I can do 30 days with 1 year of probation or 60 days with no probation. I dont know which to choose. There is a 30 day minimum on the charge so I don't know if theyll let me out sooner with good behavior. But, on the 60 day charge I would likely only serve 40 days. But also doing a year of probation doesnt matter to me either because I'm on probation for the next year because of my initial DUI anyways. What would you do. Anyone know any tricks for getting out early?
>>
Is there a way you can get out of it? It seems to me that having a work order, or some other documented proof that you were trying to get the device installed in your new car would be enough proof to show you weren't avoiding it.
>>
Sounds like you've been to court already for it? I would try to explain to the judge what happened, some are understanding.

If you're going to be on probation anyways you might as well do the 30 days which should be 20 with good time. Is the new charge a gross misdemeanor?
>>
>>18203212
Do you have a DUI lawyer? is it your first DUI. Can you stop drinking and driving
>>
>>18203212
What, what? Are you going to jail for not fucking having an IID device in your car? And you got charged with driving under the influence of alcohol before? I'm not getting this.
>>
>>18203212
Sounds like 60 days and thats it. Ive never seen them give you separate charges example I get 3 convictions they drop one and give jail time. Dont know how you would get jail time for one and probation for the other. Sounds like 60 days and you're free.
>>
Do the 60. If you violate again (even a speeding ticket) you can get a lot long then that for a 2nd violation.

60 day is fucking nothing. that's a nice vacation to focus on working out and sleeping all you want
>>
>>18203212
one year of probation. any time spent inside increases your chances of becoming a repeat offender.
>>
>>18203212
Dude. How the f did you get pulled over the 2nd time. I really can't imagine how you could be that stupid.
>>
In USA ? If so what state ? In a major city ? Also what is your race ?
>>
>>18203212
If being on probation doesn't matter anyway, then why not take the deal with probation?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.