[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adderall/Big Pharma (Conspiracy?)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: bigpharma.jpg (135KB, 1536x982px) Image search: [Google]
bigpharma.jpg
135KB, 1536x982px
Hey /adv/ I really need some advice related to Adderall and Big Pharma and it's affects on the brain.

To start off, I have crippling depression and general anxiety. I can barely get anything done, have zero motivation, and have a hard time expressing myself and who I truly am due to the social anxiety aspect of generalized anxiety disorder. I've been prescribed generic Adderall since middle school (for adh-like symptoms, but for the longest time I've just had the pills sitting around collecting dust) and I've found that when I take it I can actually get stuff done, have motivation and live a little. A few times that I've taken it at school I've noticed I could actually speak up and talk to people, sometimes even talk really fast because I kept thinking about stuff to talk about and just really liked talking.

The problem is, I don't trust Big Pharma. Like any big company/industry, they have an agenda and only really care about creating customers and making money. I know drugs like Xanax are bad news and do what some people would call "steal peoples minds", but is there a similar case with Adderall? Is Adderall really that bad of a pharmaceutical drug? Should I trust it? Should I even be considering taking it regularly? (Considering only taking it half of the week) Will it rewrite my brain chemistry or change me for the worse, like make me less creative or more trusting of the government? Take away my individuality? Does age play a factor, if so, what age should I wait to start taking it? I'm fairly young. I know /x/ is full of flat out schizophrenics, but I also know there are some smart and fairly mentally healthy people here. I'd like all your opinions,information and reason you're willing to give me. This is a very hard decision for me to make and I hope I don't get responses from shill posters trying to fuck me over.
>>
This is retarded
>>
ask your doctor about modafinil and anipiracetam or shit any of the racetams. Phenylpiracetam is what I use for energy and memory, but it does help increase my focus. If you can get a script for modafinil (assuming you're USA) then you can buy adrafanil online but don't take that everyday because it will fuck your liver up if you do. Modafinil is the non amphetamine adderall adrafanil is the chemical that your liver synthesizes into modafanil. I'm obviously not a medical doctor so do your own research on nootropics and make sure your doctor is ok with you taking these supplements
>>
>>18203252
I meant to say if you /cannot/ get a prescription for modafanil.
>>
>>18203195
I have to second this. What do you op really want an answer to? If the drugs are making you feel better and you hate to live in your normal life, why not live high on adderall? Tons of people live high on caffeine all the time, which is a almost a justified comparison as you are comparing adderall with xanax. Anything which can get you a dopamine rush can get you addicted. I would instead not worry about whether your money goes to coffee companies or pharmaceutical ones, and instead just live whatever surreal version of life you feel most comfortable in.
>>
Anon, I'm a student pharmacist (studying in pharmacy school) and my BF has a prescription for Adderall, so take what I say as you will.

Most medications that treat ADHD work on your central nervous system so, similar to alcohol, you can build a tolerance to it and mess up your brain. Taking it as needed (as you said just half a week) should be fine but I've read stories of people needing many pills just to get out of bed. My BF took it every other day and got a lot done without the need to increase his dose. It really suppressed his appetite though and he didn't want to become dependent on them so he stopped taking them.

Intuniv (guanfacine is the generic) is used to treat ADHD but doesn't work on the central nervous system so there's a chance you won't build a tolerance to it. Idk if it'd be covered by insurance but it's worth talking to your doctor and pharmacist about.

As for Big Pharma, I don't know much about it DESU but I think Martin Scarelli is a smart business man and equally evil for jacking up the prices so much on an essential drug. The generic Adderall is dirt cheap depending on your insurance (my BF paid $5/month for his) so Big Pharma isn't making much money off you; especially if you stretch out a 1 month supply into 2 months.

If you like the kind of person you are while taking Adderall but don't want to become dependent on it then take it every other day or even every two days. See if you can be prescribed the lowest strength available (if you're not already) and see what's the lowest strength you need to get those desired effects.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.