[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when you have a dream that's literally impossible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1476324856340.png (585KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1476324856340.png
585KB, 633x758px
What do you do when you have a dream that's literally impossible? How do you find a new, different dream?
>>
>>18203059

well what is the dream and what makes it impossible?
>>
>>18203066
To be a loving, virtuous woman with an honest, respectful, strong, fun, and healthy husband.

It's impossible because I'm a guy and homosexuals are incapable of being healthy, respectful, or honest.
>>
>>18203076

thats not a dream, thats a fantasy, and colloquially they have two completely different meanings.

if your dream is something that stupid, then yeah, realize its not actually a dream and move the fuck on.

>homosexuals are incapable of being healthy, respectful or honest

then maybe kill your self.
>>
File: 1441873029059.jpg (418KB, 578x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1441873029059.jpg
418KB, 578x1004px
>>18203085
Oh, so an impossible dream is just a fantasy, and what you're saying is I have no dreams. Gotcha.
>>
>>18203097

no, just that a dream is something you work or strive toward. a fantasy is something that just pops into your mind as a 'it would be cool if' scenario.

you didn't have your heart set on becoming a woman the same way you dont have your heart set on winning the lottery. both are technically possible but not really something you plan for unless you're exstreme trans
>>
>>18203076
Sounds like the only thing holding you back is your own preconceptions, and not physical or literal impossibility.
>>
File: 1443688431417.gif (360KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1443688431417.gif
360KB, 500x375px
>>18203110
I initially believed I could work hard and become one if I really tried

But then cold hard reality set in, thankfully before it was too late.
>>
>>18203076
Sorry, but I laughed. That's like saying "my dream is to be happy" or "my dream is to be appreciated by people".

Anon, this isn't a dream. It wouldn't be a dream even if you were a pretty girl. It's not that it's impossible, it's that a general desire which says nothing about you.

You want a dream? Well it has to be something that's related to your character. Something you have a natural inclination for. Something you can actively work towards, something you can find pleasure working for. Not a banality.

You have to discover what it is that you really like once you remove all the influence society and past experiences had on you. It's a hard task, really. You can start by trying to remember what it is that fascinated you as a young child. What drew your attention and held your interest? We all had some things, but they were usually occurrences that seemed unimportant at that time, so they're lost in the mountain of memories. You can try asking your parents about them, they'd probably have a better chance at remembering things like that.

Also you should read "Mastery" by Robert Greene, at least the first part. It might help.
>>
>>18203162
it's that it is a general desire...*
>>
File: 1441082635030.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
1441082635030.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>18203076

>I'm a guy and homosexuals are incapable of being healthy, respectful, or honest.

0/10
>>
>>>/lgbt/ is that way.
>>
>>18203059
Go out and meet a nice person, have a few drinks, drunkenly fuck them, wake up in the morning with Gonorrhea, and realize that, despite the discharges, they are a good person. See them a couple of times and get married. Now, did you think of your dream even once when you did that?
Problem solved.
>>
>>18203059
I wish I had a dream in the first place.
>>
>>18203076
Maybe you should strive to be the husband
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.