[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help with constant feeling of hatred

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (4KB, 216x153px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 216x153px
Hi anons, I need some input. first off, let me begin by saying I was never raised to be spiteful or hateful, and thus never thought poorly of blacks, or Jews or any other group of people in this world. in the last few years, that has changed dramatically: I absolutely hate muslims, blacks and anybody who supports immigration, and especially SJW's for promoting violence against whites. I have never ever had the urge to actually hurt a person until now. what the hell do I do?

>inb4 gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8

shut the fuck up, I'm seriously trying to get through this and need actual input.
>>
>>18202959

>I hate the loud, vocal minority of a bunch of people
>because most of them aren't like that if I were to actually go out and meet any of them
>Instead I'm getting mad at all the bullshit I see on the internet

Stop paying so much attention to social media to quell your anger.
>>
you've got something contagious man

why do you even give a shit. focus on your own life. so what if you get #triggered by the news and don't like to look at "niggers." you're probably caustic as fuck in real life.

and like I said this is just a contagious meme for shut-ins. you don't actually give a fuck about politics you're a roomlord.

also you know this is fucking bait. Jesus Christ you're shameless.
>>
>>18202989
well, that's what you think. not everything that you find pathetic or disagree with is bait.
>>
>>18203002
I think it's either bait or unintentional bait. maybe OP is being serious but he acknowledged himself that this is just gonna attract a swarm of fish.

also it's fundamentally flawed.

he says these are his views but he is complaining about them. if you don't agree with it then it's not your view.
>>
>>18203015
>he says these are his views but he is complaining about them

of course I'm complaining about them because I don't like them, it's just not like me to be this irritated by the people around me.
>>
File: 1475094243952.jpg (161KB, 770x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475094243952.jpg
161KB, 770x1000px
>>18202959
You should stop using people who aren't like you as scapegoats for your own shortcomings. I find racists to be tremendously insecure, thinking that Mexicans are taking their jobs, blacks are taking their women, Muslims are taking their culture, etc. The reality is that they lack education and interpersonal skills, that's why they can't get a job, and they're creepy as shit with women. As for their culture, what the fuck have they ever contributed? When you scream about people with arts degrees being smelly hippies and any music made over the past ten years is shit, it's obvious you don't care about culture so why pretend?

Stay in your lane, focus on your own life and the contributions you can make, and stop hiding behind other people. What's holding you back and stopping you from achieving your potential is you, senpai, not Jews or SJWs or immigrants.
>>
>>18203061
Thanks for the advice, anon. and I realize that I have a problem with staying on track with my own life. it's the what I perceive to be "fear mongering" in the media and constant protests that set me off. I don't deal with change very well, and seeing something like transgender bathroom laws irritates me because..well, it's a fucking bathroom and it shouldn't by any means start a huge fuss.
>>
>>18203047
it's impossible to say "i don't like that I hold this belief because it's incorrect."

you're literally duping yourself. that's completely illogical.

"I don't like that I think 2+2=5 because I know that 2+2=4"

fucking impossible

if you can't fully understand your hatred then you're not going to overcome it.

There is an emotional place that can drive our thoughts without using logic or reason. I guess this is the part that you're referring to, the part that makes you hate these groups?

Hating these groups is such bandwagoning though. Angry me does not want to bandwagon with a bunch of annoying, fellow flawed humans.
>>
>>18203078
Well sure, and it's healthy to see things that happen and have an opinion on things and notice patterns. What happens that makes it unhealthy is when it causes people to act out, or apply their prejudice to individuals (the individual is a better predictor of success in any situation than their group membership, categorically). There are limits, if you're out at night and you're approached by a scruffy looking black guy with his hand in his jacket pocket, roll up the window and lock the door and drive away. But if you're in the bathroom and the guy next to you seems a little too feminine and you think he may be a she, then how can that affect you or put you in any danger? Laugh, but this would piss some people off. They might also see a manly woman go into the ladies room and try to start shit, but this has been going on for generations, the reason for their fear is the news media, not any imminent danger.
>>
I seem to be a bit late, but that's what I get for trying to post on mobile.
If there is no reason for you to be angry at them, then you literally would not be angry at them. Even if someone brainwashed you into hating them, brainwashing is still the reason.

Think of it like this. For you to have a reason to hate them beyond just picking up on someone else's issues/hatred and implementing them as your own for whatever social or psychological reason, you would have had to go through several things.

1) Have you had a PERSONAL interaction with someone from the group you are hating, in a duration long enough or in a manner definite enough to form an opinion on them?

2) Did they do something that directly affected YOU, within that interaction, That provoked your ire?

3) Was this event something that was due entirely to a quality in the person in question that derives specifically from that hate target/group? (Not just something others outside of that group would do given their circumstances of the situation, a treatable illness, or odd upbringing)

4) Is this a quality that is almost ENTIRELY UNIVERSAL to ALL of those in your target group of hate?

If you were not instantly 100% certain:If it was only partially yes, or you hesitated and had to take time to think about how that point affected you:
Then Somewhere along the line the reason for your hatred is flawed.
>>
>>18203232 cont.
Note: I said Flawed; meaning that somewhere along the line the logical chain of thought has a point where your mind just fills in blanks. There is no connection to reality. This is REALLY FUCKING COMMON. Like, lost your keys for a bit common. Your brain took a thinking shortcut to assigning things (like where your keys are), and just generalizes and guesses it when it doesn't need to. (Guesses in your pocket- hell, guesses in your HAND. I've lost things and had them end up being at the bottom of my pocket)

This doesn't mean something's right or wrong. This means you have no idea either way, and to get solid evidence is a lot of travel, and MONEY. And that's stuff to figure out on your own time.

(That or an aggression disorder that amplifies hatred to absurd degrees, which you need to see a doctor about. I know it exists, but I don't know shit about it)

Holy hell this was a long lost for a phone. Never again
>>
>>18203232
>1) Have you had a PERSONAL interaction with someone from the group you are hating, in a duration long enough or in a manner definite enough to form an opinion on them?

Yes, a self described feminist who stated that women have the right not to be "eye raped" by the patriarchy of men, and they were all pigs etc. was a family friend.

>2) Did they do something that directly affected YOU, within that interaction, That provoked your ire?

yes, that same person said she was insulted that I showed up at a get together when I did absolutely nothing wrong.

3) Was this event something that was due entirely to a quality in the person in question that derives specifically from that hate target/group? (Not just something others outside of that group would do given their circumstances of the situation, a treatable illness, or odd upbringing)

well, yeah, pure ignorance and arrogance.

>4) Is this a quality that is almost ENTIRELY UNIVERSAL to ALL of those in your target group of hate?

not entirely unique to that group. I see this in immigrants i.e, the sense of entitlement and hypocrisy.
>>
>>18203356
>Yes, a self described feminist who stated that women have the right not to be "eye raped" by the patriarchy of men, and they were all pigs etc. was a family friend.
Yeah look at all these people and their shitpoke opinions, what do you care? The average person is a moron, which means half the world is stupider than that.
>yes, that same person said she was insulted that I showed up at a get together when I did absolutely nothing wrong.
Did you tell her to mind her own business? Or did you awkwardly stumble over your words and come off like a blubbering moron? Be honest.
>immigrants
My wife's an immigrant. She's an international medical researcher. What do you do for a living?
>>
>>18203356
(same guy) Then what I get here is that there are a group of feminists that you hate for that reason. Note that the people you talked to decided that their opinion on feminism completely defined your interaction with them.
But once again, you gotta realize that even from what I heard from here your hatred on feminism on immigrants should be distinctly different. The feminists you met verbally attacked you due to what their view of feminism deigns them to insult you. They let that side of them completely dominate how they interact with people, and thus let that aspect of them socially define who they are.

Immigrants in this case have not personally affected you, and whether they have this trait varies HUGELY. Not only that, but there are plenty of other people with this trait and WORSE but they are not object to your hatred. That's like hating paint because it stinks. Why not hate ALL stinky things? Why specifically paint? What about water paint? It almost literally smells like water!

No, the reason you hate paint in this example is because someone pointed out to you that the newly painted room in the building where you work stank. Whether it might be on the opposite side of the building where you work, or right next to you, the stinky object was BROUGHT TO YOUR ATTENTION, as well as everyone you work with, including those that worked in that room and complained about it. Thing is, this could happen with anything stinky, and it will stink whether you are near it or not. Hell, you probably live near a bunch of stinky things already, but you don't care enough to publicly bring it up to others, or let the fact that you find this stinky guide your decisions.

The simple matter is: Things rub people the wrong way all the time. But it's only becoming a big thing to you because you are using it to interact with people, and people are doing the same to you.
>>
The feminists I guess in this metaphor is the shit coffee your work lobby has that's bad enough to make you gag, but a group of people like it (including your family friend) so it stays.
That's a thing you can freaking talk people out of though. (Feminism is a viewpoint, not a person. A fast solution would be to find a third brand of coffee (something other than feminism/anti-feminism) that you are both ok with drinking)

But the paint requires more to do. Hating it will get you mostly nowhere, and you don't have to drink it every day (experience getting shunned because you looked at someone), so it's not like you can do anything about it. The scent is so bad for you at the time is because you keep walking into that room with the terrible paint to talk with others about how bad it is. To get rid of the paint would cost way more money than what's needed, and you can literally just plug your nose for free. Hell, you can just not go over to that room! The biggest point is that you were once walking through that building without even noticing the paint for YEARS, and you didn't give a shit until recently. there are even walls in your building that have paint and DON'T stink, because immigrants can mean literally anyone in the rest of the world who decided to visit the USA, like Paint can mean changing the color of anything to another. I guarantee that on a daily basis you meet more paint covered walls that DON'T stink, but just notice. not because you are ignorant, but because it would be fucking weird for you to think "Huh, that wall DIDN'T stink and it was covered in paint" on a daily basis. If things aren't notable, out brain fucking ignores them; otherwise we would all be Sherlock Holmes who notices that a napkin was folded wrong which obviously points out who murdered the butcher's wife.
>>
>>18203644
Why you are so bothered by this smell isn’t because of how stinky it is. It’s because the people you talk with keep sticking their nose in the room to smell those specific walls, and they bring you with to smell it. That, and the fact that since people moving around to see things makes a Draft to spread the smell to where your office is. (draft = publicity and popularity)

You don’t hate that it stinks, no. You hate that you gotta smell it, and mostly only because it was pointed out to you. It’s like when someone says that “you are breathing” or “you have a tongue” and suddenly you are hyperaware if it. Which can be annoying if you have a tooth ache, or someone is smoking in the room.
>>
>>18203532
>Did you tell her to mind her own business? Or did you awkwardly stumble over your words and come off like a blubbering moron? Be honest.

I didn't say anything because I knew it would just to a pointless argument at the time

>My wife's an immigrant. She's an international medical researcher. What do you do for a living?

Don't do that. but if it means that much to you, I work for a company that manufactures custom windows on the production line. let us know when she finds the cure for heartburn pls.
>>
>>18203580
>the entire novel you just wrote

Again, thanks for the advice. it gives me a better perspective on how to view the situation from a more logical point of view. in short, I've had a few negative experiences with these people, and constantly exposing myself to all the shit going on in the world via MSM has only reinforced my views on the matter.
>>
>>18203961
>Don't do that.
What, give an example of how prejudice is short sighted because the individual is a greater predictor of success? Ok.
>I didn't say anything
Instead, you internalized your anger and frustration. Clearly there would have been a point to having the argument. Instead of engaging with this person as an individual, you decided to hate all feminists because you were challenged on your (perfectly reasonable) behavior by an idiot and froze.
>>
Why don't you just bother with your own life, and let everyone else do what they want? You're not going to change anyone, particularly not on this cesspit echo chamber.

Honestly, you're listening to a loud minority. Think of how many SJWs you know outside of a uni campus. Think of who is actually in power in most countries (centre or right wing governments). Try to be realistic.

The internet is basically wired for confirmation bias. Try not to fall into that trap of only reading one side of things and getting a really skewed notion of the world, and try to a) read other stuff and b) crosscheck what you see on the internet with your real world experiences.
>>
>>18205212
>because you were challenged on your (perfectly reasonable) behavior by an idiot and froze.

I didn't freeze, I simply chose not respond because of the setting I was, I didn't want a verbal confrontation right in front of family. don't analyze my ability to talk to someone during an argument based on a brief description of a situation I was in.
>>
>>18205416
No, my analysis of the situation is based on your response to it, not your behavior in the moment.
>>
>>18205418
>Instead of engaging with this person as an individual, you decided to hate all feminists because you were challenged on your (perfectly reasonable) behavior by an idiot and froze.

I beg to differ. I appreciate what you're doing here, but it's coming off a little as being presumptuous and dismissive.
>>
File: EricTumbles.gif (1024KB, 227x158px) Image search: [Google]
EricTumbles.gif
1024KB, 227x158px
>>18205464
>dismissive
>presumptuous
Yeah, don't you fucking hate when people do that to you?
>>
>>18205471
>fucking kek
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.