[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

shared interests, in person

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

File: death of pablo.png (197KB, 324x400px) Image search: [Google]
death of pablo.png
197KB, 324x400px
Where do you find people who enjoy the same quirky interests as you *in person*?
>>
>>18202426
That's not what you even need in a relationship.

Watch 500 Days of Summer
>>
>>18202426
What are your interests? If you're a nerd the LGS is always a good choice.
>>
File: halo 3 odst.png (156KB, 256x323px) Image search: [Google]
halo 3 odst.png
156KB, 256x323px
>>18202430
hey
what's LGS?

my interests are pretty normal, just a little bit odd and specific. pics related.

>>18202429
I was thinking about having someone to talk with about these things, not necessarily a best friend or a partner.

Should I go watch that movie? It has to do with this?
>>
at shops, events, and meetups that cater to your interests.
>>
>>18202440

>my interests are pretty normal
>just a little odd
>pretty normal
>just odd

hmmm

>pic related

well the best you can do is vidya meetups, and tournaments and the like.
>>
File: aVJ576S.jpg (836KB, 2022x2735px) Image search: [Google]
aVJ576S.jpg
836KB, 2022x2735px
>>18202429

>watch fiction
>>
>>18202442
well nerds typically go to conventions and that sort of thing. there are a lot of nerds in eastern PA. I'm in central Jersey.
>>
>>18202440
How have you not already seen it?

Halo is for casuals you dork
>>
>>18202447

i find that conventions aren't ideal as they tend to bring in people from far away. some locals, sure, and im not saying you shouldnt go, but its not ideal to just go to conventions hoping ot make local friends.

if you are anywhere near a city you are goign to be able to find nerd events though, and you can always start your own meetup and see what happens,.
>>
>>18202446
>he doesn't understand the purpose of narrative

retard alert
>>
File: only god.png (56KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
only god.png
56KB, 400x400px
>>18202445
>>18202449
guys relax a bit

I said slightly odd. You guys don't understand how normie the general population is. If you even play videogames to their full extent you're a minority.

>casual
mountain dew doritos

>>18202446
ha ha
>>
>>18202454

>he doesn't understand the purpose of narrative

its to convey an idea the writer has, which is often propaganda so can't be really trusted outside of an 'ideal' level.
>>
>>18202440
>what's LGS?
Local gaming store. Place that sells board games, card games, often comic books and vinyls, that kind of thing.

>my interests are pretty normal
Don't be retarded, "just normal" doesn't mean a god damn thing. Does that mean you just spend all your time on video games? Because in what way is that quirky?
>>
>>18202455

halo is not video games to their full extent, my older brother and even my dad play halo, hell you're more of a weirdo (As a dude) if you havent played halo.
>>
>>18202459

cuz im a girl
>>
>>18202430
>If you're a nerd the LGS is always a good choice.
/thread
Tried and true. Walk in, ask the dude behind the counter to explain Magic: The Gathering to you, then profit.
>>
>>18202458
you're watching too many super-Hollywood movies. the general population in the US is getting very political.

the narrative isn't propaganda unless the message is political. Zootopia was propaganda (with a fair point btw) whereas Inside Out just had a nice message.

I think if you're talking about a movie like 500 days of summer, it's a stretch to call that propaganda (political). I like horror movies too, and those are usually more emotional.
>>
>>18202462
>cuz im a girl
You being a girl does not make playing video games weird. Is that seriously it? You're just a nerd who plays video games? That's not quirky.

Final advice would be this: gaming tournaments, arcades, LGS's and comic book shops, that kind of thing. Just don't be afraid to talk to people.
>>
>>18202465
>Zootopia was propaganda
How so? Because I've heard diametrically opposed groups both claim that it supports their narrative, so I'm starting to think y'all are just full of shit.
>>
>>18202465

clearly you misunderstand, and i can understand why, I was using the word propaganda to drive the point home, that the message and themes in movies are someone trying to instill their opinions on you with manipulation, obviously not political, but i can see why my exaggerated use of the word would be confusing on a message board.

regardless, my point is that taking the morals and themes of a movie like '500 days of summer' and saying that it proves anything is silly. it simply tells us how things should work in an ideal world.
>>
>>18202459
>>18202462
>girl gamer
>retard
>how is this quirky
you guys are autistic
your idea of our entire culture is just based off internet culture, obviously
you don't have to go outside or have an interest in outside, but don't sperg on things you don't understand

>>18202461
look man you're missing the fucking point. AJJ and The Death of Pablo are more niche, not that appeasing you matters. It's just that this discussion is happening four times in the thread and becoming spam.

>>18202459

local game store, that's a good idea

>>18202447
yeah maybe so. I have a friend with high functioning autism who goes to Nintendo conventions and his whole friend group is made of Nintendo friends. He even moved to California to make it to the conventions, and met a fiancé.
>>
>>18202469

>how so?

its literally about diversity and racial profiling. the reason it gets mixed messages is because of the plot elements themselves being interpreted as part of the metaphor.

the way that pokemon is all about love and peace and shit, but PETA can claim its teaching animal cruelty because its technically dog fights.
>>
>>18202479
I'm saying le quirky game girl isn't a thing that actually exists, she's just a gamer. Being a girl doesn't somehow make that quirky or weird.

>our entire culture
What culture is that?

>don't sperg on things you don't understand
Not sperging out about anything, just saying that being a gamer isn't weird or abnormal. I'd have had the exact same reaction if someone told me that they're weird hobby was golf or watching TV or something.
>>
>>18202467
that's not OP
bamboozled again

>>18202469
>diametrically opposed groups
that's just a concept though. people on either side of your theoretical spectrum can still agree with each other

>how so?
the message was about using science to evaluate situations instead of baser emotional responses and prejudice. both left and right wing people should agree with this if they aren't post-ironic post-truth racists.

but! even though I agree, it was very frustrating to see all of the assets for a beautiful children's movie wasted on propaganda. I didn't know what I was signing up for.

>>18202476
right stories with morals are people trying to instill things in you. are you against taking an interest in the opinions and perspectives of others?
>>
>>18202480
>its literally about diversity and racial profiling.
I'm not sure if it's propaganda if what it's talking about is true. Racial profiling is a thing that does happen, so how is referencing that idea propaganda?
>>
>>18202476
It's a sharing of ones learned wisdom to another through creative storytelling. It is imparting experience and feeling and truth of self if there is any authenticity in the writing.

500 Days of Summer shows relationship wisdom as nearly everyone has been in similar situations. A good narrative is like a good myth. It should be a compass pointing in the direction of choice but it is up to the reader to decide if they agree with the initial direction.

A truth laid out in 500 Days of Summer is that it does not really matter what interests you share with your SO. What matters is how you treat one another and if your needs are being met. The wisdom imparted is to not romantice someone and hold them above you or you will be hurt. As in see the signs instead of letting emotion blind you.
>>
>>18202487

dude im not actually a girl, i was just trolling, i didnt mean to take it this far, im not even OP
>>
>>18202491
>not sure if it's propaganda if what it's talking about is true

a poster says "we're going to round up the jews!"
true

a poster says "we're going to defeat the Nazis!"
true

both propaganda posters, both true

and yeah to be more specific just because you agree with the concept doesn't mean it isn't propaganda. please man.
>>
>>18202489

>are you against taking an interest in the opinions and persepctive of others

not at all, I'm literally a writer.

but that doesn't mean fiction is something that proves anything. it gives you opinions and ideas. what you offered was a fact

>you dont need similar interests as your partner
>just watch 500 days of summer!

as if something happening in a fictional story proves it would work irl.
>>
>>18202498
Alright, that makes sense. I guess I've just always thought of propaganda as inherently having deceptive elements.
>>
>>18202487
being a gamer isn't weird or abnormal but it is a minority of the population, and to have an amount of interest in a specific game or set of games puts you in a minority of *the gamer population*

so basically it gets to the point where even if you have 100 gamers following you or on your friends list, you can post about a game and all of them go "meh"

which is frustrating because I want to share things with people who are genuinely interested
>>
>>18202491

i think the mistake you're making here is assuming that propaganda is bad. there is such thing as good propaganda, it just kind of depends on what side you take morally.

think of the gays and how pepole always say 'THE GAY AGENDA!!1!'

there IS a gay agenda. that doesn't make it bad, we've just begun to associate the word 'agenda' as something negative because of its accusatory tone. but gays DO have an agenda, they want to have equal rights and are working towards that. its literally an agenda.

the same way that there is an agenda for equality, and propaganda, a hamfisted message trying to impart a political point of view.

that doesn't make it bad or wrong, it just means that they are literally trying to teach something on the political level specifically. not just instill ideas like that other anon said.
>>
>>18202493

>its a sharing of ones learned wisdom to another through creative storytelling

thats one way to word it, another is its a sharing of ones personal bias through creative storytelling. looks at most stories messages and themes and they don't actually work irl. they are something to aspire to and hope for, but not something that can always work.

>it teaches you that its about how you treat each other

and other movies teach that you don't need to resort to violence cuz there's always a way to make usre that everyone wins, which is again, good in theory, but not really true.

without common interests relationships often fall apart or don't even find their start. if you want to pretend otherwise, thats fine, but recommending movies as proof of something is pretty silly regardless, and thats the last ill say on it.
>>
>yeah maybe so. I have a friend with high functioning autism who goes to Nintendo conventions and his whole friend group is made of Nintendo friends. He even moved to California to make it to the conventions, and met a fiancé.

found this interesting actually. he pursued his passion and it paid off. he was also handsome and charismatic but.
>>
>>18202507
>but it is a minority of the population
It's barely a minority. 150 million people in the US vidya, so that's almost half the population. It's not a weird or fringe hobby.

>which is frustrating because I want to share things with people who are genuinely interested
What are those interests? Specifically? Is it just ODST?
>>
>>18202513
Yeah I'm just not sure if it's really political. The movie is discussing racial profiling and government corruption, which is a thing that objectively does exist, and no one thinks they're good things, so how is it a propaganda issue? Is a crime thriller propaganda because it's portraying criminals as villains?
>>
File: dods.jpg (93KB, 250x358px) Image search: [Google]
dods.jpg
93KB, 250x358px
>>18202519
>it it just odst
I'm posting pics

>150 million people in the US vidya
yeah that includes candy crush and actual casuals. people who pay attention to more than the AAA games and are willing to build a PC make up the minority.

point is I don't know people who even play games less generic than
>rock band
>counter strike
>league
>call of duty
>madden
>farcry
>>
>>18202516
You can't really argue against the treatment of each other being what actually matters in a relationship. Or that you shouldn't romanticize in the moment and ignore the signs of being treated in a way you do not really want.

Those are the basic themes of 500 Days of Summer. The main theme is to not settle for less and think it is better than it is, it's a call to authenticity. That's why JoeGo goes back to his dream of being an architect after settling for his card writing job and settling for Summer because he didn't think he deserved more and that she was already too good for him. And he romanticized her as perfect just because she was hot and shared interests. Something to be avoided.

Personal bias is a good way to reiterate but devalue personal experience. When it comes to philosophy there are so few objective truths that personal bias is all we really have. What I would argue is thay personal bias is the front end of an action while personal experience is the back end of it. I would say that in the case of this narrative that personal experience incited the theme, not simple bias.
>>
>>18202528
>I'm posting pics
Or you could just answer the question.

>people who pay attention to more than the AAA games
Are a majority of the gaming market, because if it wasn't you couldn't have games that cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make.

>point is I don't know people who even play games less generic than
Well then meet new people.
>>
File: pup.jpg (105KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pup.jpg
105KB, 500x500px
>>18202502
>>18202493
actually interested in why you don't like fiction but I'm having trouble piecing it together based on your responses. do you think you could put it more concisely?

>>18202531
well yeah some church friends would probably be really beneficial to me, but sometimes I want to break things to punk music and play the war videogames. if they can't indulge in that stuff with me, then essentially I'm alone.
>>
Judging from what I've read thus far, gaming, anime, and general nerd conventions would be your best bet.
>>
>>18202533
>or you could answer the question
they are the answer to the question. do you not get it?

>well then meet new people
full circle. that's what I'm asking, where to meet people for more specific interests, but in person and not just on the world wide web, although that is very good too.
>>
>>18202507
>but it is a minority of the population
Yeah, football, baseball, and basketball are all less popular than video gaming. Gaming is mainstream at this point. Nothing wrong with that, but it's inaccurate to think it's a niche hobby.
>>
>>18202550
Three jpgs given over fifteen minutes is a horrifyingly inefficient way to answer a question. Why not just throw a list out there? It would save us all some time.

>where to meet people for more specific interests
This >>>18202549 . Conventions are great for meeting new people. Good for getting laid too.
>>
>>18202542
He doesn't dislike fiction, he just doesn't value the narrative as a place to find wisdom. He feels that it holds too much personal bias. I believe that it can, the thing one must try to find is truth before writing a narrative.

As for finding a chick into what you like, just don't be swept off your feet by it. It doesn't actually matter that much as opposed to a chick who treats you well.

I've dated chicks that were the hottest form of crazy to me, into the same music and it has sucked worse than with a chick into shittier music.

Obviously you won't be attracted to the polar opposite as much, but find a balance. Like I wouldn't want to date a sports fan chick but I'm not going to be head over heels just because a chick likes jazz fusion and classic country like me.

A healthy relationship is in open communication, respect, and good sex.
>>
>>18202556
bwaaaa okay. didn't want to be an attention whore, but if you guys are asking.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~1000Hz
^music and movies

vidya:
A Dark Room
Animal Crossing Series
The Binding of Isaac Series
Call of Duty 2
Counter-Strike Series
Darkest Dungeon
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
Day of Defeat Series
Downwell
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Grand Theft Auto V
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2 Episodes
Halo 2
Halo 3: ODST
Hotline Miami Series
Insurgency
Left 4 Dead Series
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Portal Series
Red Dead Redemption
Resident Evil 4
Shade
Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1
Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2
The Wolf Among Us

TV (some):
moral orel
better call saul
louie
an idiot abroad
china illanois
boondocks
aqua teen hunger force
eric andre show
Horace and pete's

look quirky just means quirky. we all have quirks and specific interests, but how specific they are is likely to lead to...other people you know having zero interest in them. even if the population plays a lot of videogames, it's hard to walk up to someone and expect them to have completed all the Souls games for instance.

>>18202554
man if you don't believe or hear what I'm saying that's alright

just looking to have a discussion and get some ideas where to meet people

so far ive gotten that I'm a nerd and I should go to
-hobby stores
-conventions

even there I'm afraid they'll all be talking about super popular and trending stuff which is not always worth discussing. I still don't understand how people are obsessed with star wars as adults I believe they're all encouraging each other into it.
>>
>>18202572
>Half-Life 2
>Halo 2
Some of the best games of all time.
>>
>>18202558
yeah dude. and sometimes finding someone with different interests means you can introduce each other to new things. I was dating a vocalist and that went like shit but she taught me a few critical things about singing that will probably save my vocal cords and help me out as a beginner. it also made me interested in preserving my hearing.

maybe that meeting of people with different interests was critical, impacting the rest of our lives, because of what we introduced each other to.

...I think I was the first person to introduce her to fuckin logic and seeing outside of her limited paradigm. those people couldn't start a lighter by themselves.

but yeah before her I was in a relationship with someone who had similar interests and we could literally talk for hours. people pretty much paid to talk to her.
>>
>>18202572
>Half-Life 2
>Halo 2
>Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Some solid contenders for the GOAT right there.
>>
>>18202598
yeah I think Red Dead Redemption MGS3 and HL2 are GOAT contenders

hotline Miami and grand theft auto v are maybe some of the coolest games of all time

D4 was probably the most interesting I wish it wasn't abandoned.

The Wolf Among Us is probably the greatest underdog on that list
>>
>>18202591
Lol, you were singing from the throat?

Bwah I have gotten my head voice to a near professional level in this last year. Feels good. Thanks for training me, Jay Kay.

New Jamiroquai album is fucking lit.
>>
>>18202638
PUP's last album was called The Dream is Over because that's what is doctor told him after looking at his vocal cords. If you try to cover a song by him (I haven't) it would involve serious damage to yourself.
>>
>>18202628
I'd say if I had to pick one it would be Snake Eater, but I'd say HL2 follows it up just for how fucking innovative it was, and Halo 2 is up there for not only being fantastic narrative, but being a sequel for an awesome game, a GOAT contender in its own right, that improved in every way, kicked off console LAN parties as a thing, and actually managed to pull of a sequel ending without having it feel cheap or frustrating. Hard to pic one over the others, because HL2 is lacking in the story department, Halo 2 was the talented middle child of the series, and MGS3 was super full of Japanesisms and had weird pacing.
>>
>>18202649
I've been over punk for a while now lol. Unless they really git good like the new dance gavin dance record.

Punk ia like video games. In video games you pretend to be somebody else and in punk you pretend to be a musician
>>
>>18202661
it's about not wanting to be a conventional musician because of anger and social dysfunction, kind of like rap. both are undeniably art, even though some billboard americuns people are salty about that.

some people can't conceive of doing a thing without wanting people to like and share it.

they're bad musicians on purpose. sometimes there's actual music mixed in, like nine inch nails is to skinny puppy

>>18202655
If you go back and play Halo 2 with the nostalgia filter turned off it's good but not quite the gift from god is was in our younger years. I would say it was so hyped at the time because not a lot of games actually had good combat and a detailed story.

I like the Japanese isms and pacing in MGS3 although as an American I'm used to some sort of scifi logic being necessary when a man turns into a swarm of bees.

I think it's good when pacing is broken up. I like the way that Left 4 Dead and Dead Rising had completely uneventful sections to cut up the desperation and panic (you know before you master the game). Rockstar also paces their open world games with driving/riding sequences that are very important. Silent Hill also comes to mind.
>>
>>18202705
They should prove it then. Picasso didn't start with cubism. It isn't authentic imo. People who actually love music try to be good at it. It's okay to go simple and pop. Plenty of bands in the genre have proven they can make some actual composed stuff like Glassjaw working on the dorian and lydian scales commonly to make that evil turkish scale sound. That is pretending to be a musician and inauthentic. Rap is about the rhythm of the words both in the annunciation and in the rhyme patterns. Playing with these combined with poetry is what makes it impressive. Punk is too easy to be good imo. But that's because I fucking ruined myself with jazz and fusion and virtuosos.

Check out dance gavin dances mothership album. That shit is impressive. To blend r&b and hardcore at that level is insane composition.
>>
>>18202718
you keep saying pure punk artists are pretending to be talented musicians but they're not. i'm telling you the point is to not be talented musicians.
>>
>>18202723
I'm telling that is pure poseurdom and has no existential authenticity
>>
>>18202740
again it's not posing they aren't pretending to be talented on the instruments, they just are or aren't. it's often irrelevant to what they're trying to produce.

nobody is this dense
>>
>>18202705
>If you go back and play Halo 2 with the nostalgia filter turned of
I fully admit that I'm probably incapable of doing this. It's my favorite game of all time, and while I know it's not the best, I still have trouble seeing it with anything other than rose tinted glasses. I still get what you mean though, but Halo 2, much like Half Life or Half Life 2, has to be considered in the lens of the time. A lot of kids nowadays who play HL2 think it's generic and boring, and compared to modern games, they're right, because there's no one thing Half Life did that other games have not done better since. BUT, when you consider just how innovative it was at the time, how many of those trends that Half Life actually kicked off, how far ahead of its time it was, then it starts to shine. Ditto with Halo 2. The original halo singlehandedly kicked off console FPS multiplayer as a community, and it saved the Xbox. Halo 2 did almost everything related to gameplay better, and had a story that held up (even if it wasn't as good as the original), and it had what I sincerely believe is the best video game soundtrack of all time. Not just my favorite, I seriously think it's the best from a qualitative stand
point.
>>
>>18202745
It's poseurdom pure and simple. They are pretending to be musicians. Regardless of stated intent.

I don't listen to musicians who are worse than me.
>>
>>18202754
I don't care how good you are at music. Your idea of a conversation is just shooting your ideas without receiving those being given to you. I have actually less than zero interest in how your ego plays into classifying musical genres as somehow not music. My interest in that is in the negatives. My disinterest in that expands into the theoretical, and using the word poser is cringe in most contexts.
>>
>>18202767
Your arguement is shit. It doesn't matter what their stated intent is. Authenticity is in being true to yourself and striving to be the best. Not in giving up, lowering the bar and saying you never were trying anyway. That's absolute shit. If music like all art is an immitation of feeling then not being skilled at it is being bad at it. There are plenty of punk groups who are better at expressing feeling than people who are incapible of playing well enough to do so.
>>
>>18202747
the footsoldier enemies and conventional firearms in hl2 are actually pretty bad. it's not just generic it's pretty flawed.

yeah halo 2 doesn't really have anything wrong with it per se. I'd say they do everything right. Most criticisms I've heard of it are misses.

There's something about widdly woo guitars and bmx soldier man killing space allens that's a little bit not-GOAT to me though.

that probably sounds pretty bad, like I'm pooping on your favorite game, but I'm just talking about how expectations from games change as we do over time
>>
>>18202777
again you're just preaching your narrow definitions of things and not acknowledging my perspective, just calling it shit.

so yeah man that's pretty insufferable. I can't believe you live in a vacuum where universally agreed upon definitions of things don't matter and two people can't have differing opinions.
>>
>>18202822
>>18202777
but you probably aren't going to soak in what I just said. so why the fuck am I replying.

well might as well keep going I'm this far in.

>authenticity is in being true to yourself and striving to be the best
yeah, and virtue is striving to be what you believe is good, not other people

>not in giving up, lowering the bar and saying you were never trying anyway
I can see why that idea is repulsive to you, but it's still music and it's still a valid life choice. Lots of punk musicians are rolling in dough and pussy right now, because they're good artists despite not being instrumentally and vocally talented.

>All art is an imitation of feeling
nope. stop trying to impose your own definition of what art is with aggression.

>not being skilled at it is being bad at it
artful expression is not the same as being instrumentally talented

>There are plenty of punk groups who are better at expressing feeling than people who are incapible of playing well enough to do so.
not comprehensible
>>
>>18202786
>widdly woo guitars
If by widdly woo guitars you mean soaring orchestal symphonies with accompanying choirs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoHCpa4rG7I

Still. BMX soldiers and alien genocide aside, people often forget that the first three halo games had strong mystery overtones, especially the first one.

>the footsoldier enemies and conventional firearms in hl2 are actually pretty bad
True that, but what I think holds it up is the puzzle elements, the problem solving mid-battle, and the diversity of gameplay. You could make entire games based around some small gameplay elements used in half life (playing catch with the bombs, driving, physics puzzles, the tactical gameplay, the bug control segments, etc), and people actually *have* made those games.
>>
>>18202844
>symphonies
I mean it was definitely interesting. classic instruments accompanying rock music was trending too.

It's not widdly woos. It was orchestra was beautiful.

The seed that it bloomed out of was Marty O'Donnels widdly woos though, and I'm not a big long hair metal music anymore. I used to have the Halo 2 Soundtrack in my sandisk player along with the top Metallica albums. They're good...they're just not me anymore.

>hl2
the physics engine and attention to detail were critical. Half Life 2 and Oblivion were the first games that actually sold me on the game universe being alive, and not just a bunch of 3d models.

Half Life 2 was ridiculously ahead of its time, and yet developers choose to learn from Call of Duty instead of it.
>>
>>18202822
I see it as far more competitive than you. Like track 1 of Jamiroquais new record put disco upstarts like Cherub in their fucking place, like bow down. Like I would be absolutely embarrassed to put out an album like Bad Rabbits new one when Mothership was put out the same year. Absolutely embarrassed. If you're going to be an artist then declare yourself the best at what you do and set out to prove it. I'm not saying everyone needs classical training, but they should put it all down. Like La Dispute proved they were the best in the emo hardcore game when they put out Wildlife.

You can play simple music but strive to write the best of it. Country, folk, or punk- whatever. Like Glassjaw fucked up Deftones with ETYEWTKAS. SRV cut up the game with Texas Flood and won best blues instrumental- no classical training at all. This competitive spirit is why Hendrix refused to join a super group.
>>
>>18202871
>La Dispute proved they were the best in the emo hardcore game when they put of [a musically impressive album]

whoa....whoa....no dude. I'm sure it was a musically impressive album but I don't care at all. La Dispute is cringy. They don't have a message I care about and they don't have an aesthetic I want to associate myself with.
>>
>>18202871
>play simple music but strive to write the best of it
if best means most appealing that sounds like pop, which is a valid choice, but ugly music is still a valid artform and it's got music in the name.

you don't gotta like it for it to be music. not everyone has to like the same things.
>>
>>18202863
>Oblivion
>real
Echk. This is something the Elder Scrolls games have always been ungodly terrible at. The lore is great, but the worlds always seem dead. "Oh, you make your living as a butcher by walking up and down the street eight times each day, going to sleep, then doing it again? Okay, seems reasonable."

Skyrim had the same fucking problem. "Hey, see that guy over there who just killed a dragon with his fists, ate its soul, then ripped its scales and bones apart? Let's mug him."
>>
>>18202892
>message and aesthetic

Fucking lol

You're embarassing. You don't have to adhere to a group identity just because you like a band. I like classic country and disco and rap at the same time. I also like old french jazz and new wave and electrohouse.

Adhering to a group identity is embarassing in itself and if you listen to music for that sake I'm sorry. The syncopation, timbre, and rhythm all put the other bands like touche amore and pianos in their place. Besides, the message of that record was just an existential crisis. We've all been there.
>>
>>18202933
oh shit you're impressing me, worthless egotist

piss of now little buddy
go listen to la dispute while you're at it faggot, and say punk music is bad

stupid shit
>>
>>18202929
yeah it's pretty wacky but I find it harder to believe when NPC's are standing there doing nothing or hitting a machine with a wrench.

in gta v they all move like very convincing people, but when I know none of them are ever doing to speak or enter a building it's like impossible to be immersed.

the same thing goes for when characters are doing things but they're obviously scripted.

lots of games make up for this by having a setting where all the characters have to do is stand outside with guns
>>
File: dental dam.jpg (196KB, 1017x733px) Image search: [Google]
dental dam.jpg
196KB, 1017x733px
>>18202962
>doing to speak
>>
>>18202949
lmao, punk fans are so lame

enjoy your prescribed group identity you complete pussy
>>
>>18202983
maybe I could just be someone who struggles to be some vague definition of elite and has no theory of mind
>>
>>18202983
>>18202994
as if it were elite to be stupid and disagreeable
>>
Conservative republicanism is the new punk rock.
>>
>>18203004
says reddit and wsj
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.