[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be left alone and go out unnoticed as a girl?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: 324r5v4.jpg (15KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
324r5v4.jpg
15KB, 500x281px
I want to travel on my own but I seem to attract unwanted attention usually. I have trouble even taking walks outside by myself, how could I dare to dream of visiting foreign countries, couchsurfing and the sorts?

People stare and sometimes guys catcall or pick on me, I've even been groped and ass slapped a few times. Going to the park to just sit on a bench and enjoy nature attracts fuckers who bother and won't leave me alone so I end up having to leave that place or pretend I'm waiting/looking for someone (it doesnt always work). I had to fake crying and being mentally disturbed once to get off my back two guys who circled me.
It's usually the thug looking men and annoying teenagers who have to prove themselves. Older men just give out creep stares that make me wonder if they want to rape or murder me or both.

I'm averagely attractive, I see much more beautiful women on the street. I also don't wear fitting clothes or anything extravagant because of this. I'm almost 28 but look early 20s and have a kid's face. I have a rather sad/angry and dazed look to myself.
But I feel like I have a 'Kick me' note sticked to my forehead. I could arm myself up and be vigilent, which I will, but I don't want to be in a more alerted state than any person going out on the street and feel threatened by *potential* attackers. Or asking myself constantly if I should cross the street, or turn right or pretend to be interested in x building/stuff to avoid certain people on the street.

Would looking more intimidating help?
>>
Get a big intimidating dog?

I would also suggest a big intimidating bf/friend but since you want to be alone

Try the gun thing, can you open carry in your country?
>>
Which countries? In some of them you'll be perfectly fine. Even just traveling around Europe you should be plenty safe.
>>
>>18201650
I have had this problem as well.

You don't have to even be really attractive to get attention as a woman. It is flattering at best, and scary at worst.

I have had the most luck with presenting myself as ugly when I want to be left alone. VERY baggy shirt, VERY baggy pants. I wear huge glasses that cover most of my face, my hair up, and a hat that covers my hair.

You basically want to look like you could be a boy. As long as you resemble a female at all you will get some attention.
>>
>>18201659
>>18201664
Western and Northern Europe for starters.

Taking a dog, a big mean looking dog, doesn't sound practicable in case of travelling. It would be difficult...for him and the owner as well?
Can't carry gun. Could buy pepper spray and take all kinds of measures, but I'm looking for ways to prevent attracting this kind of situations. I could carry a bazooka in my bag but it wouldn't be intimidating since nobody else knows what I'm hiding.
>>
>>18201650
Kill yourself? You won't have to deal with that attention then.
>>
>>18201650
So you're cute, guys notice you and hit on you. That's it.
You're making a huge drama out of something ridiculously normal.

Ignore them, if they get particularly bothersome reject them or walk away, if they grope you slap them, if they get threatening ask for help.
Don't be an idiot and don't put yourself in dangerous situations.
As long as you don't travel to a dangerous place, nothing bad will happen.

I've been travelling alone for 10 years, since I was 16, and I always made it home safe. Stop being paranoid.
>>
>>18201669
This sounds like an idea. I was really wondering if you can look modestly feminine, I mean, look like you are actually a girl that takes care of herself and not be a constant target for this kind of attention.
I guess not. Jeez I envy guys, they are so free in this matter..
>>
As a man i really don't know what to suggest

Probably just try to avoid going to such places with degenerates. No matter you intimidating you look, some thugs might see it as a challenge

Atleast there are things you can do if someone comes on you, the said pepper spray, maybe take some self defense classes. Only so much you can do by yourself
>>
>>18201685
>Jeez I envy guys, they are so free in this matter..
Free to be labled as a potential rapist by every woman that passes them on the street. Yeah, that's great.
>>
>>18201650
This stuff actually happens? As a guy all i know is that a resting bitch face drives others away.
>>
>>18201690
It's kinda true

Every woman i see is a potential rape victim

Doesn't mean im ever gonna do that, there's a difference between imagining and doing something, im just horny
>>
>>18201685
Yeah, you literally cannot.

The vast majority of men are very respectful, but there will always be at least a few that will give you unwanted attention simply because you appear feminine.

You have to be androgynous to avoid it completely.

And to the men reading this- we understand that the polar opposite side of the spectrum is just as bad if not worse (appearing invisible).
Everyone wants a level of attention, but in the same way that getting too little attention is bad, getting too much attention is also bad.

Especially as someone who is physically small, it can be intimidating to have men who weigh 2 times as much as you following you and calling out to you after you've politely and respectfully asked to be left alone. If they don't respect you enough to accept your request for privacy, you start to worry. 99.99999% of men would probably never do anything to hurt me, but when you pass hundreds of men all day every day, it only takes one disrespectful encounter once every few days to foster bitterness
>>
>>18201694
It's not as terrible as she makes it sound.
Yes, every decent looking girl (and even the ugly ones) will get looked at, catcalled, hit on. Sometimes you'll get a man trying to touch you.

Most of the time, all you have to do is ignore, say you're not interested or, if things are threatening, ask for help.
It's not a terrifying situation that makes you so afraid to leave the house unless you're mentally ill.
>>
>>18201679
>Northern Europe

Wut. That's one place where it definitely should not happen or is rare.
>>
What do you do as a guy that gets this kind of attention?

I'm trying to get fat, stopped shaving, barely put on deodorant or brush my teeth and girls still fucking stalk me. It's not even small attempts at my attention, these chicks will jump into my line of sight like a change beggar and gets crazy when you don't bow down just because they're talking to you.

What do?
>>
>>18201701
That genuinely still sounds terrible, I absolutely despise being touched by strangers. Why are some people such fucking creeps?
>>
>>18201701
This is true- I've never avoided going anywhere because of catcalling- it's just a nuisance and at worst it can be a little scary but you just move on.

My issue is that some guys seem to think that I should be flattered by the attention.
Yes, compliments can be flattering.

Catcalling isn't the same as a respectful compliment though. A person sweetly complimenting me never bothers me.

It's when guys vocally express the things they'd like to "do to me", or audibly speculate about how i'd be in bed. Or when they admire things about me to eachother instead of complimenting me directly. Basically anything disrespectful.
When you're with friends you can roll your eyes and scoff at it together, but when you're alone it just makes you feel like a piece of meat
>>
>>18201700
thisss all the way
>>
>>18201717
What the fuck? I get nervous thinking I'm bothering a girl just by saying hello. I've never actually seen this kind of harassment.
>>
>>18201715
Yeah, it is creepy as hell but happens very rarely. 99% of guys aren't that bad and understand boundaries.

>>18201717
Those guys are a minority.
I'm not questioning whether catcalling is good or bad. It annoys the shit out of me and I hate receiving that kind of attention. I'm with you on that.
But, really, just ignore them or tell them "You'd have to grow a real dick first" if they tell you how they'd fuck you. It's annoying as fuck, yes, and it makes you feel like garbage, yes, but there's not much you can do about it and you should just keep living your own life.
It's not the end of the world.
>>
>>18201650
1. Use a Burka
2. Make yourself a weird ass haircut
3. Dress like a man
4. Get a lesbian tattoo
5. Become a man
6. Become a disgusting alcoholic/drug addict slut
7, throw acid to your face
8. Live in a small town
9, Get a 2m tall bodybuilder boyfriend
10. Just deal with it( i have a female friend that is a solid 10/10, and she goes everywhere with her female friends and they just accepted to deal with the fact that they're fuck material)
>>
>>18201730
Then don't worry- you are not the kind of guy that is bothersome. It's totally fine to approach a girl if you are respectful. I personally love meeting people and I love when strangers strike up conversation, just not when it is disrespectful. Any girl that is rude to you if you are being respectful is a bitch.

>>18201743
Yeah no absolutly. It's near the bottom of the list of things that concern me. I just wish people would recognize that that kind of attention is not flattering
>>
>>18201743
I said that once to a loser who got offended in his masculine dominance and started grabbing his lower parts threatening loudly if I need proof.

I turned away and kept walking but heard him yell, by the sound of his voice he followed a little.
This experience made me decide to keep my mouth shut even when people deserve being told off.
>>
>>18201650
>Older men just give out creep stares that make me wonder if they want to rape or murder me or both.
i think you're being too paranoic over this. and people hit on you because you look innocent. first of all: quit being a bitch and then start losing your "cute, innocent and insecure" look and attitude. at least when you go outside, because it seems that you're surrounded by retards
>>
>>18201759
I know, but I have anxiety and worry that I'll bother someone. I'm trying to slowly improve. But I still think it's ridiculous that people actually say that kind of stuff at all. How can you have absolutely no shame?
>>
>>18201761
I do it every time a teenager catcalls me.

One kid asked me if I needed proof. I stopped, and told him yes. We were in the middle of the day, in a crowded road, everyone was staring at him at that point.
He got red and walked away, his friends made so much fun of him.

Most of the time I just walk away because it's not worth the effort.
>>
>>18201768
That's ok, keep at it and go at your own pace!
Yeah, it's hard to believe for me too since I would never want to make someone feel disrespected.
Some people just have wierd values.

And @ OP, I do think it's important not to let it intimidate you so much. I know it's scary, but if you see yourself as a victim you will be more likely to become one. Always imagine that you are in control of the situation either by ignoring them or by standing up for yourself.
Ignoring is the best way to go- but do it because they arnt worth your attention, not because you are afraid to speak up
>>
>>18201784
>>18201784
OP here, thanks for the heads up. I admit to being insecure and probably blowing this out of proportion, but I will do my best to follow your advice and hope for the best
>>
Just immediately be a cunt to anyone that says hello and act like they're trying to get into your pants.
>>
live somewhere else. It sounds like you're in a really shitty place to be getting that amount of that kind of attention.
>>
>>18201841
Eastern europe ftw
>>
>>18202116
are you in Estonia?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.