[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to help a retard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1485067174232.jpg (464KB, 2614x1749px) Image search: [Google]
1485067174232.jpg
464KB, 2614x1749px
I think my friend is literally retarded. He's been tested in the past and came out barely over the legal limit of mental deficiency (above 70 IQ) but some substance abuse and frequent drinking has put him below (he doesn't 'bounce back' in sober periods) and now I think he is a danger to himself and should have a legal guardian of some kind. How can I go about dealing with this?
>>
>>18201384
just kill the little fucker
>>
>>18201384
When you are retarded, you mostly lack the skill to decide what is good for you and what is not. Like a stupid child.

You help these people by basically becoming their parent. Are you willing to do so? Or you can always just watch them drowing in more and more misery and self destruction.

Also, is he black?
>>>/pol/
>>
>>18201452
I was thinking more to get him help from someone else. Obviously getting a diagnosis or evaluation might help him getting a legal guardian and living assistance, but I have no idea how to go about achieving it. He doesn't want help because he doesn't believe he needs it.

He is white.
>>
>>18201472
Where you live?
Most civilizations have programs for it. First step is to tell somebody official about it. Social care, doctor, his family.

Also there are people doing this for the money. If you make him irresponsible, gov will send all his money to person who takes care of him.
>>
>>18201495
His family are anti-vaccine, anti-science, anti-doctor type of people. They won't help. To get help from his doctor I need him to get an appointment and to do everything and he doesn't think he needs help.
>>
>>18201529
Well who could have guessed that helping friend requires you to actually do something.

You should be able to talk some sence into him. It may be hard, but not impossible. Also consider that even stupid people live in our free based world. Yes people have rights to be stupid and behave as stupid as they want.

Who are you to tell some retard how to live his life? Maybe you can help him in other ways? Like be his guidance? Does he trust you? Is he worth of your trouble?

This is a bit controversial topic. Like wont you be acting against his own will? Is he able to survive in our society without being homeless?
>>
>>18201544
>Yes people have rights to be stupid and behave as stupid as they want.
Actually if they're beneath the legal limit they can not. He is a danger to himself and others.

>Like wont you be acting against his own will?
Yes, which is why I need to go through some institution or person of authority to make it happen. If I say it he won't take it seriously and will be offended, but if a person with the power to execute it says it he won't have a choice.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.