[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I stay in my room because there is nothing else for me to do.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Mario Kart 8.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mario Kart 8.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I stay in my room because there is nothing else for me to do.

These I can do every day
>go for walks
>drink at bars

These I do occasionally
>go to gym
>go to movie theatre
>>
Living the dream, what's there to fix?

You do realize a majority of the world would kill for downtime when they aren't preoccupied with not starving, not being persecuted, and avoiding homelessness
>>
>>18200168
So you're saying I should put myself in a state where I'm starving, being persecuted or avoiding homelessness?

My life is boring. I don't like living a boring life, and people don't like being friends with people living a boring life.
>>
>>18200172
No, but consider those who are and see if you can help them. Seriously ask yourself if there's any way you can help your community. Volunteer at a hospital/shelter/church and then you won't run out of things to do in the meantime
>>
>>18200192
I am on track to be volunteering next month
>>
>>18200195
That's awesome OP. You're already heading in the right direction in that case
>>
>>18200204
Thank you. I'm hoping to make friends too. On my weekends I want to have interesting things to do.
>>
>>18200172
When's the last time you tried to learn something new?
>>
>>18200232
>>18200238
That's a good question. It would help to know how you interact with people. Does socializing and initiating conversation present itself as a problem? Often times it's not so much our hobbies that keeps us from meeting cool people but our lack of opening up

But after that, I guess I would just ask if art classes are really your passion? Honestly there's bound to be movie clubs, that would be an ideal place to geek out about your favorite movies and make friends.
>>
>>18200247
Depends on how new you mean. Currently I'm right about to graduate, so I'm learning a lot. Aside from that, I've been learning how to draw faces with the goal of learning how to draw human figures.

If that doesn't count
>I came back from travelling and working in Thailand at the start of the year where I learned some language and culture
>1 year ago I got certified to be a scuba diver (didn't like it too much), first aider and took a painting class at another university
>>
>>18200274
>Does socializing and initiating conversation present itself as a problem?
Yeah it does. Living in Thailand I made some great friends and developed social skills. Once I came back to school I was too busy to make friends or commitments and shut myself in for 3 months. So here I am now with no practice in my social skills.

>art classes are really your passion
Well I would say software is more my passion, because I will soon be a software engineer. I love creating though, and art may share my passion with engineering because of that.

>movie clubs
Outside of universities? I've never heard of things like this. I would like to meet people near my age group of 23. When I tried meetup, there were a lot of adults. I made some not so desirable friends near my age however, but I would like some more desirable friends.
>>
>>18200300
Yeah man, if the movie club idea sounds like fun, go out and seek it. People are always doing stuff out there and as soon as you plug yourself in it'll be cake. Do you know of a movie club in your Uni already? Btw, adults might not be ideal but sometimes we have to make the most out of our situation. Plus, it looks really cool if you're chill enough for older folks

If you just want to keep practicing with Thai people then find out where you can find them. My first guess would be a Thai restaurant and striking up a conversation with a waitress and dropping the info that I spent time in Thailand but you know yourself better.
>>
>>18200356
>movie club idea
To be honest, it doesn't sound like something I'd be in to. I'm very picky with social activities that I actually like. Clubs are maybe a bit too formal for something I want to casually enjoy.

>waitress
Ha I couldn't sustain a relationship. Failed 2 just recently. On a regular day I like hanging out at home. I'd really like to enjoy what I'm doing, and talking to random people with hopes of something like at a Thai restaurant has proven to be disappointing and even a bit degrading unfortunately. If I don't think I'd really enjoy it it will be hard for me to ever get the motivation to do it.
>>
>>18200161
OH JESUS CHRIST WHY WOULD YOU SHOW THAT HERE ARE YOU A MONSTER
>>
>>18200493
Just another fun day of MK8, man
>>
>>18200391
>If I don't think I'd really enjoy it it will be hard for me to ever get the motivation to do it.
This right here seems to be the actual issue

Is there anything you actually like doing?
Can you see yourself doing something well into your later years?

What are your life goals?
if not a life goal then, what do you want to be able to do?

one of my life's goals is to design a self sufficient home that can last for 300 years

Design an advanced simulation of a town of 100,000 people

and become both a polyglot and polymath

my 4th life goal is really the easiest, it's simply make a game that people want to play, and release it for free.

btw I'm the anon who asked if you learned anything new
>>
File: school.gif (2MB, 1277x790px) Image search: [Google]
school.gif
2MB, 1277x790px
>>18200508
Glad to have you back!

>Is there anything you actually like doing? Can you see yourself doing something well into your later years?
Things I like without doubt are art, snowboarding, video games and travelling. I see myself involving myself with all of it in my later years. Unfortunately all of those are quite independent, and maybe I like them because of that because I'm highly introverted.

>What are your life goals? if not a life goal then, what do you want to be able to do?
I always wanted to be smart. I recently accomplished this by graduating in engineering (yet ironically I was broken up with recently because I'm too stupid in her words). My life goals now may include a family and a good job. Really though I just made that up on the spot, because my previous life goal had just been accomplished. Do you have any life goals in mind?

>Design an advanced simulation of a town of 100,000 people
It's funny you mention that. I'm making a game, but it simulates the growth of an ecosystem, particularly fish. That sounds like something I'd like to do.
>>
>>18200560
>Do you have any life goals in mind?
I mean I've already given you mine in my last post

I can't actually "give" you life goals, because I don't know enough about you to give you a sincere and detailed answer
>>
>that webm
JUST
>>
>>18200735
No worries. I might have to steal the town simulation from you though. Not a life goal just a project. How would it start?

Anyways back to life goals. That's a good one to think about, I'll definitely be thinking of that. Thanks a ton for talking to me.
>>
>>18200779
>How would it start?
I would like to make it as realistic as possible

In real life the town hasn't always existed as a static entity, it was just a plot of open land that someone (hopefully) survey and took into account of local resources that can be used to help the initial devolopment and planned out how the city should expand

there's actually a lot more nuances that need to be figured out

how rich are the rich how poor are the poor and what the average should look like

the countries wealth, unique resources, local events that can impact the town demographics and ethics etc.

and it all needs to be autonomous without needing input from the "player"
>>
>>18200911
That's exciting. I might want to have a crack at that some time. Are you a programmer?

How would currency be generated initially? Would they have to create it from the resources?
>>
>>18200192
What are some other ideas to volunteer for? My life sounds a lot like OP's and I want something.
>>
>>18200954
>Are you a programmer
trying to be one at least, learning javascript, C++, HTML, CSS and if I can wrap my head around it, Assembly.

But I'm more of a hardware guy, originally I wanted to create a type of "tomagatchi" using Raspberry Pi modules, A kind of simplified simulation that runs solely on a Pi and you would be able to leave it on over night and see what happened in your town the next morning.
with the added possibilty of allowing migration and trade between another Pi running it's own little town through ethernet or wifi.

this would coincide with my "create a game and release it for free" life goal, but it would require someone to buy hardware and setup hardware they usually wouldn't have, so it kinda feels like "cheating" if someone has to go out of their way to buy something to play it.
>>
>want to go outside
>fucking rain
>day I have to work
>its nice and sunny
>next day off it rains again
>this has been happening for literally 3 weeks strait
>as a result haven't left the house except to go to work or get groceries in almost a month

SEND HELP
>>
>>18201073
Well hey at least you know what you want to do when it's not raining. What do you want to do when it's not raining? Please tell
>>
>>18201176
>go hiking
>go for a bike ride
>walk down to the bakery and get a doughnut
>unsuccessfully try to find a girlfriend for the 780th time
>go to the beach and harvest clams
>>
>>18201073
>>18201202
wear a rain coat, maybe?
and then do all those things

nothing says "Fuck you, rain! You're not the boss of me!", like doing what you'd normally do on a sunny day on a rainy day wearing a rain coat
>>
>>18200279
I am mindlessly bored as well. I used to have a challenging career but now that it's stagnant I'm borderline ready to kill myself
>>
>>18200969
My first ideas are animal shelters, homeless shelters, and elderly homes. It's heartbreaking how many others are in need of a simple conversation just like us but it's great that we can fix it
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.