[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't like people...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: that's illegal.jpg (84KB, 478x392px) Image search: [Google]
that's illegal.jpg
84KB, 478x392px
I don't like people. At worst, I totally resent them. At best, they annoy me to no end. Obviously there are good and bad aspects about other people, and about ourselves, but I find myself in the disdain and resentment position more often than not.

It probably has a lot to do with how everyone has different values, perspectives, and ways of behaving. I seem to resent people for having ones that are different than mine. I'm always pulling on my hair thinking, "Why did you do/say/think that?! What the fuck?!"

Don't misunderstand - some people are totally brilliant, and everyone I know has some good ideas and relatable perspectives. Maybe I'm stuck focusing on the negative parts instead of the good ones.

Some examples are
>why do you discourage me at every opportunity
>why are you dating down and ruining your own life
>why was it okay for you to put me on the street, family
>why are you emotionally abusive to the opposite sex
>why are you racist
>why are you an active pedophile
>why are you so wounded by the fact that you're overweight, and yet continue to overeat
>why are you completely absurd
>why don't you like to talk about anything of substance
>why do these dive bars have to give us all hearing damage
>why is the potus poorly, artificially tanned
>why won't the potus speak correctly
>why do people fill their existential voids with bullshit religions instead of true curiosity
>why does this product need artificial pricing and shit-tier versions that are made in bumfuck Asia
>why are you glorifying drugs
>why did you pretend to be in love and then try to cuck me
>why did you come into my house and sexually abuse my roommate
>why did you inject silicone into your ass to have a bigger ass
>why are you a bitter classist instead of a happy person
>why don't you sometimes want to kill yourself
>why don't you want to improve yourself and your surroundings
>why do you have six kids and no money to provide them with a future

Is this a problem? Do you have any advice?
>>
>>18199399
bump
>>
Sounds like you are an asshole or have asperger's or both.
>>
>>18199728
alright but do you give advice or just insults
it's /adv/ not /ins/

this is exactly what I'm talking about
>>
>>18199399
>I seem to resent people for having ones that are different than mine.
Tribalism mentality. It's pretty silly but very human.

>Is this a problem?
If you make this thread it obviously is.

>Do you have any advice?
Focus more on yourself. You think so much about the others because of your own issues.
>>
>that's illegal
>people can't do that

What folks think before they get robbed/raped.
>>
File: 1489281492348.jpg (223KB, 780x433px) Image search: [Google]
1489281492348.jpg
223KB, 780x433px
>>18199739

>this is exactly what I'm talking about

You're a judgemental cunt. Sorry if the truth upset you but you are. You're an asshole and being around you is exhausting.

If you don't want to change that then fine, die alone, no one is going to stop you. If you do want to change then accept the fact that you're an asshole and deal with it instead of feeling like a victim when we say it. Its the truth. You know its the truth.

Our advice is to stop being an asshole. Do some hard introspection and figure your shit out. Go to therapy if you need to. Your superiority complex is doing you no favors.
>>
How the fuck does dating down ruin your life? Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>18199754
>all of that
Ugh piss off. This one is particularly bothersome.

>>18199753
that's the joke bro

>>18199752
>Tribalism mentality
It's not tribalism that people like
>>18199728
>>18199754
annoy me.

>Focus more on yourself. You think so much about the others because of your own issues.
I don't know what else to think about. I get my work done and then my mind just wanders for hours and hours. I used to daydream all day about a happy future, in grade school. I didn't see the flaw in my ideals - the happy future relied on other people. The only reason we're alive is by the grace and cooperation of other people...why did we make it here just to live chaotic and bitter lives?
>>
>>18199399
Also to answer some...

>why do you discourage me at every opportunity
>why are you emotionally abusive to the opposite sex
>why are you racist
Insecurity.

>why was it okay for you to put me on the street, family
Because they are only legally obliged to take care of your ass to a certain point.

>>why are you so wounded by the fact that you're overweight, and yet continue to overeat
It's an addiction.

>why don't you like to talk about anything of substance
Insecurity and lack of knowledge.

>why won't the potus speak correctly
He speaks correctly to address the people who care about him.

>why do people fill their existential voids with bullshit religions instead of true curiosity
Insecurity and indoctrination.

>why does this product need artificial pricing and shit-tier versions that are made in bumfuck Asia
Supply and demand. Yeah it's a bit more complicated but usually boils down to that.

>why don't you sometimes want to kill yourself
Self protection mechanisms in the brain that are fucked for depressed people.

>why do you have six kids and no money to provide them with a future
Kids are basically social security for these people. Read up on history.
>>
>>18199774
>How does dating down ruin your life? Are you fucking retarded?
Well you sound Nobel-winning about now, but let me still help you out some. In this particular instance, the person I know used to be very successful in life, someone I care about dearly. Now they date people from this place that is virtually a ghetto, the stink of cigarette smoke...the tension of call centers and belligerents. It's not very good. It hurts because I care about them, and I don't understand why they're doing this.
>>
>>18199787
>all that
I know. I'm asking why in a greater sense, why is so much of that acceptable to folks.
>>
File: 1490994404500.gif (956KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
1490994404500.gif
956KB, 300x232px
>>18199777

>Ugh piss off. This one is particularly bothersome.

Bothersome why, because its the truth? Sorry if the truth bothers you but that doesn't change reality. Sometimes the truth is bothersome. Sometimes accepting things about ourselves is difficult and painful. Too fucking bad.

You're an asshole. You're judgmental and bitter and angry and an emotional burden to anyone who interacts with you. This is the truth. The only person affected by your willingness to accept this truth is you.
>>
>>18199777
>The only reason we're alive is by the grace and cooperation of other people
And your attitude focusing on their flaws instead of bettering yourself helps it how? If more people had your attitude there would be no cooperation going on since we'd be too busy resenting each other.

Accept that others have their flaws, you got yours. (Also that some thing you consider flaws aren't for others) Unless you're in position of power, your opinions don't matter for others, so you can't actively change them. You can change yourself though and perhaps inspire someone who knows you to improve too.

>>18199797
Because while you have the time and energy to think about all that, many people don't. Besides even after people realized one thing or another, dealing with systematic problems is crazy complicated and needs power of more than one person. Dealing with personal problems is hard due the systematic ones and due the brain being a cunt fighting change with all its power.

We're stupid monkeys living in a world more complex than our brains were ever meant to handle, mate.
>>
>>18199810
barely reading your posts, and if that's enough to get the troll centers in your brain buzzing, you need a life.
>>
>>18199810
Not him and don't disagree with you but pointing out to someone that they are wrong isn't very helpful if you don't also point out how they could change.

Besides "you're an asshole" isn't very change inspiring unless it comes from someone you're personalty invested in.

So in a way, your posts are just as unconstructive as his attitude.
>>
File: 1395224812466.gif (785KB, 269x199px) Image search: [Google]
1395224812466.gif
785KB, 269x199px
>>18199822

Kek. Whatever, man. If it makes you feel better to focus on the quality of my life and character instead of your own, go right ahead. That seems to be the pattern you're good at.

Be a miserable cunt if you want. Doesn't bother me none.
>>
>>18199821
Yeah. It's better to forgive people.

It's just hard because these issues make me less than excited about meeting new people and socializing, which becomes a problem in itself. Then I meet that special friend or partner who eventually has to leave, because few relationships are permanent...and then it's right back to misanthropic solitude.

If I could be among a group of people, or watch some current even and think, "Haha, we're all just a bunch of silly monkeys," like you suggest, that would be fine. Instead I think, "Look at all of those fucked up people."

And it's hard to say "simply forget about it." Personal interactions: people trying to cuck me...friends trying to discourage me. Current events: fucking children being killed by chemical attacks. Ha ha, just some silly monkeys!

Easier said than done, mate.
>>
>>18199834
Well your posts didn't bother me because I didn't read them. Next time you want to inspire someone to change, try actually suggesting something instead of just being an angry cock.

I'm on 4chan, but I'm going out in an hour and I'm not gonna let your unusual disposition ruin my mood for the night.
>>
>>18199810
While I'm not attacking you per se, OP, I want to agree with this to an extent.

One of my friends from high school (note: over a decade ago) never grew up. He hasn't read a book or taken a class in over 12 years, but he still thinks he's the smartest man in the room. He's struggling with the same petty insecurities he was when he was 15, but he's sure as fuck ready to tell you all about how you should be handling your relationship. The one thing he loves more than explaining how stupid everyone else is, is explaining how much smarter he is than them. His fragile ego makes him incapable of empathy, because the startling realization that if he's not better than everybody, than he might not be better than anybody, would send him spiraling (further) into depression.

I don't know how much of this to attribute to you, OP, but I can say from firsthand experience that you'll be a lot happier just focusing on yourself. I'm so much happier since I began disregarding other people's opinions. Not because I believe myself smarter or more capable, but because I realized that your perception of other people is 100% up to you, not them.

Reality is all about perception. If you look for reasons to be angry, you'll find them. Likewise, if you look for reasons to be happy, you'll find those, too.
>>
File: 1393827664120.gif (1024KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
1393827664120.gif
1024KB, 500x213px
>>18199830

>pointing out to someone that they are wrong isn't very helpful if you don't also point out how they could change.

Ok but the first step to changing is admitting you're wrong. Seeing as how he isn't even capable of admitting he is wrong then how is skipping to the part where we fix a problem he doesn't even think he has supposed to help?

Besides, this is what your average person is going to think when they interact with him. They're going to talk to him for 5 minutes and think "Wow, what an asshole."

Maybe a little dose of unfiltered reality would do him some good. The world doesn't care how sensitive you are about your sense of self. If he wants to change he'll accept it, if he doesn't he won't. I don't see how convincing him to be honest with himself, especially when he reacts like such an insolent child about it, is going to anything but help reinforce his pattern of being able to dole out an ungodly amount of criticism on everyone around him but shrivel into a ball and play victim when the criticism is pointed back at him.

>Besides "you're an asshole" isn't very change inspiring unless it comes from someone you're personalty invested in.

The truth isn't always a convenient pill to swallow. Coddling him through the process of accepting the fact that he is a genuinely unpleasant person does him no favors. If he wanted thoughtful introspection from someone he had a personal connection with then he shouldn't of come from 4chan. Seems like the burden of responsibility for that one is on him, not me.

You want /adv/ from an anonymous, average person based solely on first impressions and general information, great, come to 4chan, just don't complain about the results.
>>
>>18199399
>I am a misanthrope, how do I stop?
Hang around with more positive people.
>>
File: 1403372548110.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1403372548110.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>18199844

>responding posts you "didn't bother to read"

Sorry about intruding into your safe space, OP.
>>
>>18199836
>Easier said than done, mate.
Exactly but this also applies to all the flaws you see in other humans for them.

The money line is more for understanding, it's more surprising that humans accomplished so many good things than all the dumb things they do because we are all pretty stupid and limited, as for dealing with it, "Can I change it?" helps more.

Also perspective, yeah everything is still fucked up but things were much, much, much more fucked up even 50 years ago. We constantly improve. Much slower than desirably and not always linearly but in the end progress will win. Just there isn't much a single person can do to affect the big picture. Best you can do is being the best person you can be.
>>
>>18199858
monkey*
Although not like the idea of money is any better.
>>
>>18199849
Again agree with pretty much all you said ... sans:

>Coddling him through the process of accepting the fact that he is a genuinely unpleasant person does him no favors.
It's a pretty bitter pill to take, so I'd say helping making it less painful is the way. Take a doubting racist who starts to think "Hey, maybe black people aren't that bad" and instead of further expanding on that, people call him a shitty racist. It's not factually wrong but not very helpful to rethink the idiocy.

But yeah, it's quite a task to make people be honest with themselves.
>>
>>18199846
yeah I agree with this

and part of being around frustrating, classless, difficult and violent people is a lack of money. that lack of my money is my responsibility, my fault.

I don't think I'm better than most people though. That's part of why this is frustrating, actually. I watched a group of top tier music students not know how to start a lighter. It's just a lack of common sense and practical experience - it has nothing to do with inferiority or superiority.

but yeah I'm somewhat responsible for what I'm exposed to and what I pay attention to. If I don't like what is there, I should get to work changing it.

>>18199855
>sorry
it's okay

>>18199858
>we constantly improve
yeah I am kind of a modernist. it's still hard sometimes though. I think it's harder when I'm tired and possibly drunk. It's a matter of keeping a clear head and keeping composure.

I guess the underlying problem here is never going to go away, but it doesn't have to be so crippling. I can continue to grow up and work around this misanthrophy.
>>
>>18199883

>But yeah, it's quite a task to make people be honest with themselves.

I agree. Its very difficult especially when people have such a terrible attitude about it. For the sake of being reasonable, yeah, I could have been a little softer about it but the underlying theme is when you treat people so horribly they treat you horribly back.

After one or two responses it became obvious he wasn't interested in any genuine introspection or having an honest conversation about himself, he just kind of wanted to shitpost and argue with people, so I obliged.

He's a genuinely unpleasant person. Its honestly a very sad state of existence and I hope he actually someday is able to accept the truth about himself but if he insists upon responding so childishly and hypocritically about any criticism directed at him he's going to be hard pressed to find anyone capable of treating him with respect long enough to help him fix this problem of his.
>>
>>18199911
>respect
you wouldn't know respect if it was two inches from your face
>>
I love how everyone in this thread is calling OP an asshole, even though OP states his reasons in green text

It's like you people are so eager to attack someone for not accepting mediocrity
And yet so unwilling to disagree with his reasoning, with anything more than name-calling

>>18199728
>>18199754
>>18199810
you people don't don't even bother to think when you speak do you?

>>18199821
>>18199836
actual advice

>>18199849
>You want /adv/ from an anonymous, average person based solely on first impressions and general information, great, come to 4chan, just don't complain about the results.
This, I agree with
Too many times people come and bitch about their problems on /adv/ without actually giving relevant info and just expecting miracle answers

but then again the average person coming here for advice are typically too dumb to identify the actual problem themselves.

I myself don't like people either, but I know my reasons for not liking the average person all boils down to their willingness to understand and learn, if they don't have that they're not worth my consideration

>>18199883
>>18199911
the main problem with you guys is your assumption that he's an asshole and that he's wrong.
You've yet to explain what makes him an asshole or what makes him wrong
Is it just your ignorant assumption you made when he said he didn't like people?
do you believe racists, pedophiles, and people who don't want to improve themselves are worthy of respect and adoration?
It seems to me like you cherry picked 2 of his judgments and believe those invalidates the rest.

seriously none of you arrogant idiots even asked for any deeper clarification as to why he resents people, and just automatically assume he's the main problem.

Well shocking news!
some people are smarter than others!
some people are dumber than others!
some people want to improve, the rest don't!
>>
>>18200415
Painting many people with one brush and not giving any thoughts for why they act like they do is pretty idiotic but the assholery comes with "I seem to resent people for having ones that are different than mine."

Though OP seems more of a disgruntled idealist than a real asshole at core.

>my reasons for not liking the average person all boils down to their willingness to understand and learn, if they don't have that they're not worth my consideration
The assumption that an average person is like that is already wrong and makes you look like an asshat. The "not worth my consideration" bit doesn't help either. Even if they do and see things differently than you, no reason to act stuck up, that's an asshole thing to do.

>It seems to me like you cherry picked 2 of his judgments and believe those invalidates the rest
To prove that someone is an asshole, you only need one example.

>do you believe racists, pedophiles, and people who don't want to improve themselves are worthy of respect and adoration?
That's what every person decides for themselves and nothing wrong with not respecting racists or something. Just many of the things he named weren't simple black and white shit.

>just automatically assume he's the main problem
If you happen to resent people more often than not, you either live surrounded by especially bad individuals or (and this is more likely) are the problem indeed.
>>
File: words.png (35KB, 673x676px) Image search: [Google]
words.png
35KB, 673x676px
>>18200519
>The assumption that an average person is like that is already wrong and makes you look like an asshat
It's not an incorrect assumption though, let me ask you a question.

Why do stereotypes exist?
the answer is, it's because they prove themselves to be true more often than not

otherwise it wouldn't persist as a crime prevention method

humans understand things by recognizing certain patterns

>That's what every person decides for themselves and nothing wrong with not respecting racists or something.
and yet I'm "wrong" for deciding for my self to not like mediocre people, for real reasons? do you even understand your own hypocrisy?

>Even if they do and see things differently than you
different doesn't mean equal. If you want to go this route of saying everything is different than you lose the right to accuse someone of being wrong or an asshole, as those both have negative connotations and contradict your narrative of people living differently.

you can't pick up a turd by the clean end no matter how hard you try to convince yourself that you can, it's just objective truth

>To prove that someone is an asshole, you only need one example.
just as I can see from one example from how willing someone is to try and understand their own problems and truly wish to understand, someone who doesn't have this quality will always be mediocre, someone who doesn't try is someone who can't improve

it's actually oddly conceited to believe someone who won't try to be anything more than average is equal to those who actually put in time, effort, and consideration.

so basically you're proving me right. it's my right to decide who I allow into my life and to judge them based on their actions whether or not they I want them in my life or not.

and the kicker?

you believe your opinions to be correct and someone else's reasons to be wrong
>>
>>18200825
>Why do stereotypes exist?
You answered it yourself but came to a false conclusion. Our brains are trained on patterns, and try to find them even if they don't exist. Putting shit into boxes is easy even before you add the social factor that encourages it.

>otherwise it wouldn't persist as a crime prevention method
Profiling and stereotyping are different fucking things. Although TSA or American police don't know it yet, hence the ludicrous amounts of wrongful convictions and the likes.

>yet I'm "wrong" for deciding for my self to not like mediocre people, for real reasons?
Labeling everybody who doesn't fit to your image as mediocre is a ... suboptimal approach. Other than that, being wrong and being an asshole are not always the same either way.

>different doesn't mean equal.
Nor was it ever said.

>it's my right to decide who I allow into my life and to judge them based on their actions whether or not they I want them in my life or not
Everything else would be insane. Just if your judgement criteria is completely opposed to the general view and you choose to voice it, it's also given that people will voice their opinions about it, and that some might be not flattering. How you deal with it is obviously purely up to you too, although it doesn't seem like a bad idea to rethink our opinions when the majority seems opposed to them. Perhaps you're still right, perhaps not. Also judgement purely on actions and not what led to them is flawed.

>just as I can see from one example from how willing someone is to try and understand their own problems and truly wish to understand
For all you now, the person is depressed after losing their entire family to a dinosaur attack and tired after not sleeping for four days. Singular examples are pretty bad for predict future developments too, humans aren't static.
>>
>>18199399
It has to do with everyone being an evil pile of stupid shit.
>>
>Profiling and stereotyping are different fucking things.
as different as a spoon and shovel is
they have the same basic form, only true difference is scale and purpose

>Labeling everybody who doesn't fit to your image as mediocre is a ... suboptimal approach.
Except I can literally prove it
I can literally prove why NOT wanting to improve makes someone mediocre
it'll take a few thousand words, but I can do it
Because, in essence, mediocre effectively means average. Not good, not bad. And I'd prefer to be around people who can challenge me on equal grounds

If you truly wanted to get to the crux of the matter as to why I don't like average people, it's the fact that they are more than willing to complain about a problem than they are to try and fix it, you can give them the time, the resources, and even the knowledge. And yet they don't want to understand, they don't want to learn, they don't want to improve. that's what makes someone mediocre.

>Also judgement purely on actions and not what led to them is flawed.
did you honestly think my judgment criteria didn't take this into account?
when you truly try to help people understand something, and you spend years doing it, you learn that people who actually want to improve are not the majority, in my experience the number is less than 10%, those people were not my family or friends, just people I run into who have problems they needed solved. I've learned pretty quickly the traits and thoughts of people who will never improve willingly, and life is too short to waste on someone who doesn't want to change.

though what really annoys me is you never simply asked OP or me why we don't like people, as if you just simply accepted your own judgement of us to be infallible

it's as if you never once thought "maybe they have a valid reason to think this way, I should ask to be sure"

If you can't doubt your own judgement, if you don't attempt to understand and seek clarification, then you can never be truly sincere
>>
>>18200900
How DARE you!

I'm at LEAST an evil pile of normal shit
>>
How old are you OP?

I was never hyped about people in general, then I started disliking them and now at almost the age of 30 I downright resent them, like you do. I'm so focused on it whenever around them that it's making me bitter and depressed.
I think the more you deal with them and as you age, the worse it becomes.
>>
>>18201249
I'm pretty sure OP is actually sleeping
its like 3 or 4 in the morning in burgerland
>>
>>18201228
>as different as a spoon and shovel
Not a bad metaphor, making the comment after that even weirder. Profiling works on a solid factual basis, stereotyping is almost entirely artificial bullshit

>NOT wanting to improve makes someone mediocre
Sounds like these people are bound to sink below average, assuming they don't automatically improve at something they are doing by repetition

>it's the fact that they are more than willing to complain about a problem than they are to try and fix it
Not hard to see why you wouldn't like that

>you can give them the time, the resources, and even the knowledge. And yet they don't want to understand, they don't want to learn, they don't want to improve. that's what makes someone mediocre.
Now that's quite a big claim. I am sure you can name couple anecdotal stories about idiots who fucked up while getting all the means for improvement but these are still relatively rare examples

>in my experience the number is less than 10%
In mine it was above 90%, so your assumption about the people I know and worked with would be just as flawed as mine about the ones you dealt with. Making judgements about large groups from experiences with couple members isn't very effective to get an understanding

>learned pretty quickly the traits and thoughts of people who will never improve willingly
Assuming we don't talk about extreme cases, there is no reason that these won't change. Although it's perfectly understandable not wanting to waste your time on them. Also the idea that change and improvement is really willingly ... well, that'd blow it up even further

>why we don't like people
Because "I dislike the personality/attitude of billions of individuals because ..." rarely offers a worthwhile answer not related to the individual who holds the belief. Unless you have objective proof that the thing you dislike is inherently human. Though then it'd be disliking humans because they are humans, which is a valid but not a very helpful view
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.