[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: b-1243197173417.jpg (134KB, 602x800px) Image search: [Google]
b-1243197173417.jpg
134KB, 602x800px
I need a hobby that isn't video games to occupy my time.
Is drawing even worth getting into? I tried before and was total trash. I understand it takes time to develop but teaching yourself a skill is hard in itself, how can I be sure that I'm developping my artistic ability in the right way? I just want to take pencil to paper and draw things I like. Characters, places, whatever.

I also want to do a bit of graphic design to make money. Fuck my current job.
>>
>>18199361
You're asking two completely separate and unrelated questions.

If you're just doing it as a hobby, your artistic skill really means nothing. It's for personal expression and enjoyment. Totally worth doing it if you feel like you're getting something out of it.

Trying to go into graphic design is a waste. No one wants to pay money for your shitty doodles. Do you really want to commit that much time and effort to finding out you can't make it in the field?
>>
yeah, it's worth it if you just do it for fun. if you want to make it your career you'd have to draw 8h a day to get good just like every other working person.
till then, learn the basics. learn to see in shapes, learn to understand lightning, learn to do gradual shading, learn anatomy, learn to draw what you see instead of what you think you see, learn to not draw symbols. also, go to /ic/ but don't waste too much time there. good luck and have fun! btw, blank paper, an eraser and a pencil is EVERYTHIG you need to start. no, you donmt need a tablet. no, you don't need this or that fancy scetchbook, no, you don't need charcoal and this or that fancy pen. it won't gloss over the fact you lack the fundamentals. get that straight first and then upgrade gradually. your equipment will evolve with your skills.
>>
I think learning photoshop and how to use a bamboo pad could be beneficial. I honestly believe that physical mediums require many, many years of practice, and aren't something to pick up just because you're bored.
>>
>>18199405
but that doesn't mean you shouldn't pick them up. I'm just saying choose wisely. maybe you could learn to sing and play the piano. if you have good taste in music and know how to sing, that is a really great thing. sketching is good too but something about that doesn't seem exciting or even mature to me. I think most artists move beyond simple sketching.
>>
>>18199405
pls donmt do that. you will only end up paying loads of money and then never get anywhere. learn with traditional methods first. the knowledge of basics translates well to tablets and pads, so you can still do that later on. but it will ALWAYS show in your work if you skipped the fundamentals.
>>
File: 1449197172004.png (128KB, 864x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1449197172004.png
128KB, 864x2000px
>>18199393
>>18199398
So don't waste time on art if I want to make any money on the side, got it.

>>18199398
>you'd have to draw 8h a day

How does anyone eat if that's what they do? Although I guess they start at a young age.
>>
>>18199419
I didn't say to not learn the fundamentals

I was just saying don't waste time trying to be some brilliant greyscale artists, because that's a pointless fantasy we all had doodling in middle school.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.