[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you meet your SO?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: 36023764-heart-image.png (57KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
36023764-heart-image.png
57KB, 2000x2000px
Instead of asking "where do I meet women," which never seems to go anywhere here, maybe it'd be a good idea to hear where some people on here met their significant other, and how.

How'd you meet yours, and what were your ages?
>>
I'm 30. She's 25.

Match.com
>>
>>18199181
I literally tripped on him.
We were at a party. I went out on a terrace because I don't really like crowds. He was sitting on the floor. I didn't see him and I tripped on him.
We spent the night talking about robots, cars, astrophysics, blowjobs and brain surgery and at 5 AM he walked me home. We talked some more, had breakfast and he basically never left.

I met my other long term partner because his girlfriend was good friends with a guy I went on a date with. Since the very first time we talked we felt such a strong chemistry. He dumped his girlfriend the morning after we met and asked me out.

Other than my two boyfriends, other guys I dated were either classmates or guys I met online. I went on a couple of dates with a guy I met at a cafe but he was too old for me.
>>
>be shut in just turned 18 Gamer weird kid virgin
>get random text
>wrong number but we keep talking, she tells me she's 17
>A lot of chemistry from the start >Turns out she was only a few miles away and very cute.
>Met at a house party and ended spending the whole night kissing each other.
>Woke up the next day to her mom calling me telling me how that she lied about her age and she's actually 15 and that I had to stay away from her.
>keep seeing her and lost virgiities to each other a few months after
>keep relationship secret for years
>>
>>18199181
High school. I'm 21 and we just broke up. No clue where I'll meet the next lass. Probably the gym, but you literally never know.
>>
In High school. Her boyfriend broke up with her through text. I decided to comfort her and we got to talk more because of it. Asked her out a year later and she said yes.

Fast forward 6 years and we're still at it.
>>
trough mutual friends. which i consider the perfect setting. we had enough opporrunities to get to know each other without having to go on a date or risk rejection. so when we did the first steps, we knew that we are very compatible, we had great sexual tension and we weren't awkward around each other at all. basically, we first became bantering friends and then went from there.
>>
>>18199181
I met him at a metal disco which was a weird setting for both of us because we both got dragged with by our friends since we both rather stay at home and play vidya.
We both were uncomfortable inside so we were outside trying to avoid people. We actually didn't knew each other up until this point but his friend was in my theater group.
So basically we sat down far away from the other people outside and talked about league of legends and overwatch for some time while having a few cigs.
Was a good time. He added me in lol later on and we played often but since I was dia 2 and he was plat 5 it was kinda annoying to play with him and we drifted apart until he suggested me to meet up.
>>
>>18199181
A Misfits concert. I was 23 and she was 24. I just caught her eye at the bar and offered to buy her a drink. We dated for a few years before we settled down and committed to each other. 10 years later, we're still going strong.
>>
>>18199218
>I literally tripped on him.

Anime has become real, get me off this planet.
>>
At a club.
>>
Mutual friend had crush on her, asked both of us to watch movie and order pizza. Offered to drive her home aroind 1 am. Sarcarstically asked if she'd lime to go to beach instead (it was freezing cold and raining/hail). She said yes. We walked, she stayed over at my parents house. Now we're together for over 2 years. Gonna get married next year.

I was 21 she was 18. We knew vaguealy eachother through uni.
>>
>>18199181
>How'd you meet yours
Going down the list: First through third were at schools (in order, I was 13 and she was 13, 14 and 16, 17 and 16), fourth was at an anime convention (19 and 18), fifth was at a Jiu Jitsu tournament (21 and 26), sixth was during a car crash (23 and 18).

I tend to meet women who just happen to be in the area of things I'm already doing, like at school, at sports meets, slamming into their car on the highway, that kind of thing.
>>
Current GF and I met at uni in our beginning Japanese class. The nice thing about foreign language classes is that you are forced to converse with others when normally you'd avoid conversation with your classmates like the plague. She was beautiful (still is too) and sat right next to me so we became speaking partners throughout most of the semester. Initially we were just really good friends and would hang out, but feelings began developing over time, I asked her out, she rejected me at first because she didn't want to ruin our friendship, however she changed her mind about a month later and we began dating. That wad back in 2010 and we are still together and madly in love.

Aside from that I met a lot of past girlfriends through work and online.
>>
>>18202371
Oh and we were 21(me) and 18 (her).
>>
Her (20) / me (17)
We where both working at a Mexican restaurant. She was a waitress. I was a busboy. I was super shy & barely said anything but our friends kept trying to hook us up. She felt uncomfortable because of my age but still gave me a chance.

We've been together for 6 yrs.
>>
Current girl I'm seeing I met at a wedding of a mutual friend. We talked, made out a bit and exchanged phone numbers. Others were either classmates, co-workers or friends of friends.
>>
Underwear frat party. Wasn't gonna go but I figured "hey, you gotta take risks/put yourself out there, you won't meet anyone in your bedroom and you know this is your anxiety talking"

Hit it off immediately, got wasted and we ended up cuddling in my dorm room and didn't even have sex. It's been almost a year now.
>>
OKC
>>
File: 1362959604985.jpg (18KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
1362959604985.jpg
18KB, 366x380px
>>18199181
>first
random friend introduced me to her at a memorial day fair because we both liked metal. she fell for me (her words) instantly because I'm pretty good looking and she was just kinda meh. She invited me over and we fucked the first day we met, pretty sure that was to make me more interested in her. Had spent time in the psych ward

>second
A friend from highschool moved back to our city and his little sister moved with him. She was 15, dropped out of school, and was just out of rehab. I was 21 :( . We fucked the first night we met while her brother was passed out from drinking, and we ended up with a fucked up relationship of booze and drugs and sex for a year, in that time she went back to rehab twice, once for drugs again and once for an eating disorder.

>third
okcupid, she was attracted to me because I was so fucked up (her words after we'd broken up and I tried to make amends to her). On our first time hanging out she came over and I got shitfaced in front of her and we did anal.

>fourth
Met her in AA, lol. She was in a sober living at the time. She was emotional and stressed out without drugs, but at least she wasn't a hoe who fucked on the first date (I'm sure she'd fucked for drugs in the past though) and was putting her life together

basically all my relationships have been fucked, with fucked up girls who were slutty or had mental conditions, spent time in rehab, or had been homeless. I'm attracted to those fucked up chicks, maybe because I feel equal to them and can't do better, idk.
>>
I met my ex at elementary school. We were best friends. We reconnected years later over Facebook when we were 18. After days of talking nonstop we started dating
>>
The luckiest Tinder happen chance... I hate to say it, Tinder, because we all know what that app is for, but my story is a little different... 26 and 24
>Learning a 3rd language, Chinese
>Download every language, social and local app there is, for the sole purpose of finding people to practice with
>Tinder is one of those
>Type profile in Chinese, saying that I'm only interested in learning Chinese and helping with English
>Only like related profiles
>Find one that is so interesting that I super like it
>She only had the app for a few days, because a friend told her about it, didn't like it
>Only responded to me because my profile and my messages were in her language
>Get number because deleting app
>Awkward meetup actually wasn't awkward and we had a lot of fun

Fast forward, still having tons of fun and she adds more inspiration for me to stay disciplined and stay progressed in life
>>
I met mine at my friends house years ago while they were dating. She recently reconnected with him as friends so we all hung out together at my house a lot. Me and him got closer and eventually started dating.
>>
>>18202559
What kind of city do you live in? I'm learning Chinese too, but outside of students who don't stick around, the only people who speak it are kind of isolated.
>>
>>18199181
I'm 18, he's 20. A class at school when we were 15 and 17.
>>
>>18199218
>He dumped his girlfriend the morning after we met and asked me out.
And you said yes? Fuck both of you, seriously.
>>
we met on a vidya game called rust. was just fucking around pretending that i didn't know where my base was and asking people to help me find it. became good friends for about a year and then started to date. been together for about 7 months now.
>>
>>18204200
>we met on a vidya game called rust
So you knew she'd have low standards. Good idea!
>>
I've had 4 serious relationship
>#1: Met at high school, became friend for years, asked her out on prom night. To this day my longest relationship.

>#2: Met in college while I was with #1. We got friendly fast. I dumped #1 few months later (not-related) and about a year after I started going out with #2

>#3: Met in a summer job when I was 16. We hit off, but we were then both in relationship. Lost contact and stumbled upon one another in another job. Dumped #2 and less than a month later started going out with #3 (believe me or not, I didn't dump #2 to be with #3)

>#4: Current gf. She had a "friends with benefits" thing with one of my buddies before he got a stable gf. About a year after we met in a bar and I added her on FB just for fun. We talked here and now until this fall when it started going serious. We're now committed for a month and a half and I think I won at the lottery, this is my dream girl.

I can't pick up chicks in bar or such for shit. Met all these girls in other contexts (school, work, friend-related) and this gave the bases to lean on in the beginning. We slowly got to know each others before committing.
>>
>>18204208
Forgot the ages.
#1 Both 16
#2 Both 18
#3 Me 19 Her 20
#4 Both 20

Yeah, I couldn't keep relationships for long.
>>
>>18199181
4chan
i don't know his age just that he's younger than me
>>
>>18204216
So, you haven't met each other?
>>
File: Tell Me.png (478KB, 982x636px) Image search: [Google]
Tell Me.png
478KB, 982x636px
We met in Japan.
>summer of 2014, studying abroad at Osaka University
>we're introduced on the train, on the way back from Nara Park
>she likes Star Wars and American movies/culture
>we hit it off right away
>first time we hang out together, I invite her to my apartment to cook and help me figure out my washing machine
>we forget all about cooking and just get caught up talking and opening up to each other for hours
>told her things about my then-gf that I had never told anyone else
>we spend the rest of that summer going all over Japan, spend my last days with her in Tokyo
>at the airport, I finally kiss her on the cheek and she says "anon if you ever break up with your girlfriend, tell me"
>take pic related, the last picture I took in Japan, to remember that moment and preserve the feeling forever
>years later, find out she was never planning to say that and just blurted it out
We're happily together now. We're both 23.
>>
Both of us were utterly crushed and rejected by our oneitus. I was trying not to cry and he was moping while walking down the street (we grew up in the same neighborhood and didn't realize it til that point). I recognized him and we walked to a bus stop together, chatting about this and that and how we were rejected. He rode with me on the bus to my job while we still talked without realizing he needed to be at the dentist. He had to cancel and reschedule.

Decided that weekend to go to some local seafood place that turned out to be both our favorite restaurant.

The rest is history. This September we will have been together 12 years and married 7 of those years.
>>
>>18199181
I was hoping to find inspiration. Instead I feel worthless for never being in a relationship. I hope you succeed where I fail, OP.
>>
>>18204185
I was 14, he was 16. They had been dating for 3 weeks.
I said yes and we stayed together 7 years.
>>
>>18199457
Wow girls like you do exist, i'm jelly
>>
>>18202362
>slamming into their car on the highway,
If that's not romantic, I don't know what is.

I just hope you made a joke about how you already banged her after you had sex.
>>
Met him online, he was the friend of a friend and i got added to a skype group he was in and everyone made fun of me. That was in 2015. He asked for my snapchat to make fun of me too and my friend gave it to him. We started talking there unexpectedly and he gave me his twitter and a few months later we started talking on Telegram a lot. It's been one year and a half since we're together.
>>
>>18205098
So you're brasilian? No one uses fucking Telegram.
>>
1st gf: met her in uni via other friends. Can't even remember how i met her. Waste of time of a relationship though it was my first and lost my virginity to her

2nd gf (current): met her on a foreign chan. Basically it was a thread about how men and women don't need to hate each other so damn much. We were both reasonable people so we were the only ones not trolling. Exchanged fake email addresses then real email addresses then skype and facebook. Talked for days. Became eachothers best friends. Met in public for the first time and was sort of awkward but we hit it off then. First person i ever truly loved. Been with her for 2 years now. Sadly i think we're gonna break up soon
>>
>>18205184
A lot of people do in Europe. Me included.
>>
>>18205297
Well, no one uses it in my country. The only people I met who used it were brasilians.
>>
>>18199181

OKCupid, we are 24 and 29. 2 years and a house together
>>
>>18205297
I'm in Europe and have never even heard of it.
>>
on a Pokemon forum, it was LDR for a year ( NZ, Netherlands)

after a year he took the plane to me.
we've been together for 8 years now.
>>
>>18205440
Holy shit fucking weabboos
>>
the first proper girlfriend i had
>girl wanted to meet my friend
>she didnt want to go alone so she brought a friend
>my friend didnt want it to be him and 2 girls he didnt know so asked if i would go with him
>me and the girls friend hit it off and the other 2 sort of did too
>it was the most fucked up on and off relationship possible even though i was like 13-16 during the whole thing

next girlfriend
>play a gig with some people i dont really know (met through college)
>the female pianist brings 2 of her friends
>one of them was the most beautiful girl id ever seen
>didnt have a chance to talk to her after the gig
>ask the pianist to get her number for me
>she really liked me too and it works out really well
>lasted for 15 months, broke up last week

the 2nd girl was my actual true love
we both still like love each other but we are spending some time apart for now
im sort of waiting for her because we both want to be together again but the relationship was going really badly towards the end after it being perfect for a year
all i can do is wait for time to pass and hope we get back together at some point
>>
>>18205365
Kayla?

Pretty much the same. I'm 31 and she's 27 but we've just passed the 3 year mark. Both of us have kids the same age so it actually works out super well.
>>
I was on a cruise with my family and I was playing my DS and drinking tea in a lounge and he was sitting nearby and drinking coffee. We were both alone at our tables so he eventually called over to me and struck up a conversation.

We had great discussion all night and we continued to meet up every night to talk for hours and hours.
On the last night he asked if he could kiss me and I said yes.
It was amazing.
He said he wanted to visit me even though we live on opposite sides of the country.
I didn't believe him but he came.
We dated for a year long distance visiting eachother every couple of months and then he moved to my state while I finish school.
>>
1st: Met in the parking lot of a job I used to have after she caught me reading her bumper stickers. She invited me to "hang out" later that night, we fucked and started going out the same night. I was 18, she was 19

2nd: Met her while working at Target; she had just started and were more or less work buddies until I ran into her on campus (she went to my uni) and we decided to hang out. She got drunk with her friend that night, asked me out, I said yes. We dated for a week, didn't sleep together, and she ended up breaking up with me because she had issues with monogemy. I was 18, she was 20

3rd: Girl I met on OKcupid who lived out of state. We did the whole long distance thing for over a year; I visited her once and she visited me twice. She was a freak in bed, but attraction was an issue. I made the mistake of moving in with her out of state. We ended up hating each other, but were in a difficult situation to break up. I finally broke up with her after she ended up moving back to my home state. Found out she was putting the moves on my best friend at the time right before we broke up. I was 18, she was 20.

4th: Another girl I met on Okcupid, also lived out of state. Went to visit her the beginning of summer break, we fucked for three days straight in a hotel room, found out she was pro-life and we got in a fight over it, but didn't break up. This pro-life thing reared its head again when she was late on her period and we were both flipping out. She eventually had her period, and shortly after I broke up with her. I was 21, she was 18.

5th and current: I met her at Uni in a class. We were great friends for almost two years before finally deciding to day.
>>
File: ted forbidden techqniue.gif (1MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
ted forbidden techqniue.gif
1MB, 480x320px
I was a history student, she was a general science student. We met in a history of science class.

We were both 20, had never been in relationships before, still together three and a half years later.
>>
>>18202346
>>18202346
>screwing over your friend
>>
>>18204208
>She had a "friends with benefits" thing with one of my buddies before he got a stable gf.
don't you feel weird having your friend's seconds?
>>
>>18205198
What's wrong anon?
>>
>>18205730
We want different things. I want kids and a family, she wants to travel and never settle down anywhere.

That and some stupid shit that has been coming up recently that would be irrelevant in the long term but we're both consciously using this to try to be more apart so that it won't hurt as much when the inevitable break up happens.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.