[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend left me for his ex. They discussed getting back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (5KB, 300x258px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 300x258px
My boyfriend left me for his ex. They discussed getting back together after he left me, but never did.

I remained friends with my ex and he talks to me about how much he still loves his ex girlfriend and how badly she treated him and how manipulative she is.

It drives me insane, I've always been there for him. I feel like every time he cries over her it's like saying " she's so shit but I love her and I could never love you"

I have no idea how to tell him to stop without sounding like I'm not over him.

So today, he mentioned he had a dream about her where they discussed getting back together.

I just told him that I need to speak to him at some point about something semi-related. And he said fine. But I'm not sure how to do this without coming across as " I'm not over you why don't you love me"
>>
Jesus...read through your post, grow a backbone and realise that you are so much better than this.
>>
>>18199118
Stop being friends with your ex. What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>18199118
1 - Stop talking to people
2 - Become emotionally disconnected
3 - ????????
4 - Profit
>>
>>18199124
lol she's a pussy
>>
>>18199118
What does she have that you don't?

Maybe it's nothing, maybe you really are great, and she just has him by the balls, or maybe they got together at a weird point in his life and they're codependent. Maybe it's your fault. Maybe it isn't. Best to just move on.
>>
>>18199118
>I remained friends with my ex

There's your mistake.
>>
>>18199161
I know, but he's my only friend. I work and study and never go out and never meet people.

This is why I'm on 4chan asking for advice
>>
>>18199174
Go out and meet people
That's my advice
>>
>>18199174
He's not your friend. He's your ex. If he were your friend you wouldn't give a shit about him whining about his ex.

And you're not actually over him. If you were, it wouldn't feel like him liking someone else were a knock on you.

Go make an actual friend.
>>
>>18199174
You sound like a genuinely nice person. Stop befriending your dumbfuck ex.

That which is gone can never return.
>>
>>18199188
But what if I feel like it's okay for him to get with any girl, except his ex?

But I agree that I'm not 100% over him, but I don't want him to know that.

Kinda blew it the other night when I was up doing assignments, very sleep deprived I sent him a message at 2am calling him out for ONLY speaking to me when he wants advice on his ex, or he's sick and wants attention. I never get to talk about what's happening in my life. And he just kinda laughed said he disagreed and said good night with a cancer kiss emoji.

I actually felt better after that, but he sent me a message the next day asking if I was still being emotional and crazy, and I apologised.

But later in the afternoon, I brought up that he was ignoring normal conversation again and he said he didn't get it and that he valued me as a friend. I gave him reasons why I felt he only spoke to me when he needed help.

He never replied, except later that night he said " help" and when I asked him what he needed said " I'm reminiscing about my ex and can't stop myself"

I gave him a long speech about how he's better than her and deserves someone that actually loves him. To which he replied " maybe someone on tinder" I just laughed.

Typing that was just sad. I should off myself.
>>
>>18199118
So he broke up with you, Got with his ex, Now uses you like an emotional vampire while whining about the ex he got back with?

Jesus you need some self esteem honey he's got you right where he wants you, Her for the sex, You for the emotional availability. Just cut all contact for good because he obviously gives NO SHITS about how you're feeling through all of this. Break free and meet new people, Might be hard but its better than being used like an emotional crutch and getting nothing in return but hurt feelings.
>>
>>18199248
this is pathetic
>>
>>18199248
Holy fucking shit. Get it together, why are you doing this to yourself? Stop talking to that douche. Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>18200272
the way I see it: He is to me, what his ex is to him.

You know this person is bad for you, but you still want them in your life because you can't imagine a reality when they are not there.

I'm in pain when I talk to him, I'm in pain when I don't.

The only difference is that I'm complaining on a anonymous website and not to some stupid girl I made fall in love with me ( and trust me he did, he started saying he loved me 2 months into the relationship and I told him not to, he started talking about marrying me 7 months into the relationship, and he broke up with me after 9, after I started to imagine that this was the person I would spend my life with)

I know I sound underage, I'm 24. I just never had any other relationships.
>>
>>18199248
>But what if I feel like it's okay for him to get with any girl, except his ex?

You don't. You want him to eventually realize how great you are for him and that you're actually the one he should be with.

He doesn't love you, he's never going to love you, he's not your friend, you're never going to be friends, how you act towards him is not how a friendship works. You're being dishonest with him and yourself.

>>18201111
>I'm in pain when I talk to him, I'm in pain when I don't.

Except not talking to him leads to you eventually feeling better, getting over him, and moving on with your life. Talking to him just keeps you stuck in the same position you won't ever escape from.

>he started saying he loved me 2 months into the relationship and I told him not to, he started talking about marrying me 7 months into the relationship

There's your first mistake: You should have dumped him the second he started in with this shit.

He didn't mean it. He's full of shit. You're living in a fantasy world that never existed.

> I just never had any other relationships.

And that's why you're still chasing after this douche. It's easier and less scary to be miserable and "love" this guy than it is to move on and face down having to get out of your comfort zone and meet someone new. You want this guy because he's familiar, not because you love him.

You're in love with a shitty fantasy that isn't real. That ideal person you want to spend the rest of your life with isn't your ex; it's the fantasy of who you want your ex to be. Even if he magically did somehow decide that he loves you, he will never be the person he is in your head.

Go get a new friend, and go date someone new.
>>
>>18199178
that's how you get raped
>>
>>18201287
That still counts as getting laid, right?
>>
File: Witty Retort.png (46KB, 1200x1314px) Image search: [Google]
Witty Retort.png
46KB, 1200x1314px
>>18201296
>>
>>18201272
You speak the truth. I'm taking a screen shot of this and then I'm cutting contact with him.
>>
>>18201287
>>18201296
>>18201331
Thanks for the laugh
>>
>>18201507
Good anon. I know it sucks. But that's the only way things get better.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.