[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw dated a girl way out of my league for three years >broke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1370566147805.jpg (20KB, 210x187px) Image search: [Google]
1370566147805.jpg
20KB, 210x187px
>tfw dated a girl way out of my league for three years
>broke up with me
>now single, 29 and miserable

I'm checking out tinder now, and holy shit. I forgot how ugly women were in my own league.

Anyone else know this feel? Have you settled for someone who settled for you?
>>
bump...

do bumps still work actually? lets see
>>
>>18198790
Women in your league? How are you judging this? If you are 29 then you are or should recognize that you have been transitioning into an age where your occupation/salary, personality, life experience should be a larger part of your attractiveness than just looks.
>>
>>18199953
I agree, but Tinder isn't about "your occupation/salary, personality, life experience," it's about your looks. I would also like to add that a 29 year old trying to find a girlfriend on Tinder is either dumb, naive, or both.
>>
>>18199958
or in my case works out just fine. Been dating this 24yo since end of November.

I'm 33, and she's at least a 6.5/10
>>
>>18199971
Are we supposed to be impressed by a 33 year old bragging about dating a perfectly average girl for 6 months?
>>
>>18199977
About the same amount of impressed as I am by someone confusing four months for six in a taiwanese cumrag convention

>in a thread about tinder
>in a thread about older guys
>in a thread about women's looks
Just saying it's possible, dude.
Also, I might have hight standards, so I can't really brag about her being the most beautiful girl I've banged. No idea how you'd rate her, though, and don't care.

But it's not the first woman I've dated for more than just a couple of hookups off tinder. And I know people who met their partner there more than three years ago.

OP should aim as high as he likes.
>>
>>18200011
>OP should aim as high as he likes.
It's Tinder, he can like as many girls as he wants, that doesn't change the fact that they won't like him back.
>>
>>18200018
That doesn't make sense. OP doesn't have to swipe right on anyone he can't see himself dickinto. Obviously there are ways of improving looks, and obviously online game isn't OP's only option in ass-getting.

He managed to get someone way out of league when he was 26. Bonus is, OP is closer to being in the prime of his life now, than he was then. He can play for out of league again, if he fancies.
>>
>>18200031
>That doesn't make sense. OP doesn't have to swipe right on anyone he can't see himself dickinto
Of course it fucking makes sense. Just like OP doesn't have to swipe right on anyone he doesn't like the look of, girls don't have to either. If he's unattractive, he's unattractive. Being 'in the prime of his life' won't change that.

>He managed to get someone way out of league when he was 26
Most likely not on Tinder, which is where looks are what people are judged on.
>>
>>18198790
dated a guy who was much better looking than me, now having a hard time falling for anyone who is not good looking. sucks, man.
>>
>>18198790
>I forgot how ugly women were in my own league.
Iktf..
I can only match with the lowest of the low on Tinder. Just a few of them attractive enough that I'd even consider dating them. I know my standards sound like they're completely wack, but I genuinely find that I'm much more appealing IRL than on Tinder. Fuck that app.
>>
>>18199958
You are right about tinder. Probably other dating sites would be better for him if that's what he wants. I guess I was just wondering what league OP thinks he's in and why. But yeah if he's going tinder and only considering looks he better just play the numbers game.
>>
>>18198790
I dated a 9/10 when I was 21 and she ended up cheating so I left her. I didn't really love her, but stayed so long because she was hot. Obviously shallow is retrospect. Never been with a woman that hot since, but then again dating a woman that hot came with a lot of bullshit with other guys always trying to fuck her.
>>
>leagues

Can I get a link to this cosmic chart that determines everyones value please?
>>
>>18200059
It'll just confirm that you're unattractive and make you feel worse about yourself.
>>
>>18200036
Fuck this tinder bullshit, it's not what the thread is about. You logic is sound, but you haven't made any real sense yet. It's about OP's self esteem and outlook on dating pool, of which he got and idea from looking on tinder.

I was merely disagreeing on the black and white view that tinder can only ever be used for one single purpose. And I kindly encourage OP to not settle.
>>
>>18200055
Same, dated a 9/10 for 5 years when I was younger, she ended up cheating on me too. Sucks to know that I won't be physically attracted to a future partner as much as I was to her, but at least I won't have to deal with the unfaithfulness bullshit (hopefully).
>>
I'm a dude and have been in your GF's shoes. I'm not a 10/10 or 9, but I'd say a solid 7, maybe an 8 depending on who you ask, but I once dated a gitl that could not have been more than a 4 (pretty face, but very over weight, and dressed like a hobo). I dated her because we had excellent chemistry and had a lot in common. I was never attracted to her physically, but was emotionally; I was 19 at the time and had never felt that way emotionally about a girl yet so I decided to see if it could overcome my lack of physical attraction. It did not.

I ended up cheating on her with a hot Korean girl I knew (8/10) and shortly after I did the thing I should have done and broke up with her.

My point: it's hard being attracted to and dating someone you feel is less attractive than you, especially when the difference is pretty major.
>>
Hah that's how I felt after my last rs ended but you probably have so!e quality that attracted her in the first place. You just have to find that environment for a new connection when you are ready.
>>
>>18200031
>He can play for out of league again, if he fancies.

How? She pursued me, to begin with. In fact, every woman in my life I had a relationship with pursued me initially.

All my own attempts have always ended up in utter failure.
>>
OP, why you don't step up your league?

I mean go to the gym, get some dressing style, ain some confidence... That would make you much happier overall, wouldn't it?

I think that's the right approach and not thinking of settling for bishes you don't like or for someone to settle for you. That never works.
>>
>>18201409
I'm somewhat balding...

Nothing doing anything won't help obviously, but I don't think I will age like wine. Like milk more like.

Fear it's too late for me. :/
>>
>>18201397

This:
>>18201409

>>18201416
Yeah, everybody got the option to think like you. I was a broken man at ages 29-31. Started taking more care, and fixing my attitude. Never felt as good as I do now at 33.

Balding is no excuse
https://youtu.be/G2H9o6z1oKU?t=17m9s

This video might not be the best suited to your predicament, but just browse through some of his vast library. I'm not saying you should become a pickup-artist, I'm just telling you there's still stuff to learn at your age.

You concerns are about looks, where you should aim your attention at getting more energy, and focus on how to talk to women.
>>
listen OP, you will be way happier being the first choice of a woman in your league than being the last resort of a beautiful woman who was for some reason not able to find a partner as good looking as her
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.