[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

every gaming forum/chatroom bans me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: club-penguin-ban-win_o_802827.png (250KB, 689x468px) Image search: [Google]
club-penguin-ban-win_o_802827.png
250KB, 689x468px
What's the proper way to interact in a forum or chat room on the internet?
I consider myself a nice person with a healthy sense of humor but find myself getting banned in every site.
I'm talking about gaming related websites by the way. I didn't get in any sort of trouble in sites about other things. There are some 20/30 something year olds in those sites but I guess I'm getting too old for their childish shit?
I see other people be waaaay more rude than I am and get away with it. I'm always friendly and reply to anyone asking for help, in a kind way. I only react when I'm provoked. But it's always me getting banned. I don't get it. And moderators act like I'm some sort of psychopath. I honestly don't get how this works. Also why do some people bother being nice-ish but instantly turn into jerks to you and make fun of you if a mod scolds you or after you get banned?
>>
Give us an example, are you breaking their rules?
>>
>>18198793
Well in most cases I just start disagreeing with some important/famous user or a moderator. Imho they reply in a rude way or insult me themselves before I do.
And in some chats I did what I consider to be minor stuff like posting some ascii thing (like a lenny face or some one line drawing that makes sense in the context). It's weird because other users post "nigger" and literal ascii penises and don't get banned or anything.
There's a site where I got banned more than once but I don't get why they always said all the fault was mine when I'm 100% sure I was provoked into arguing. Random average users don't get into this trouble.
I do read the rules but they are usually very vague.
Again it sucks because I'm usually genuinely answering and helping new users when others are just rude to them for being new.
>>
>>18198825
Ive been active in a few gaming forums since i was 13, cases like this is usually someone being an asshole but they dont think they are an asshole. If it was one forum it could just be dick mods. But considering this is repeatedly happening on multiple platforms you need to look atthe least common ddenominator. That being yourself. Use a little introspection amd think if its really just everybody else and not yourself. Odds are its just you
>>
>>18198833
That's the reason I'm asking. I do introspection and I don't see my faults unless I'm insane or delusional or something. "you are probably an asshole" is not exactly helpful, can you be more specific?
>>
>>18198836
Without you giving a specific example noi cant be more sspecific
>>
Gaming forums, chat rooms are dogshit filled with cliques, retard mods, and power tripping losers. Just cease using them, I'd rather be forced onto /v/ for the rest of my life than use a shitty gaming board.
>>
>>18198825
I think you have in your mind a mental framework for the way things should work, and act based on it. If guy A is being a dick, it doesn't matter whether he's a newb or a mod.

Literally nothing works this way, but society wishes it does, so everyone lies to themselves that this is the way things work, while continuing to do what they always do. You've been suckered into believing that people are being honest with themselves, and are trying to be a good rule abiding member of the group.

In reality everything is a hierarchy of friend relationships and seniority. It's total bullshit. Everything from geopolitics to grandma's church works this way. EVERYTHING. Gamers are mostly children, and as a result they tend to do this stuff worse than others. Don't think of interacting with them as running a computer, think of it as throwing bread to birds. You can ignore the pidgeons, but watch the seagulls, and make sure you don't make the geese angry.
>>
>>18198738
Lurk moar.

Get to know the people, atmosphere and etiquette of the chat room. Get to know the in-jokes, the top-dogs and the topics that are usually discussed, and slowly mix in. No matter how enthusiastic and funny you are, outsiders are usually noticed right away, and are shunned especially quickly in online environments (take for example the 'newfag' treatment here).
>>
I don't want examples of your posts, but could you give examples of communities you'd had these experiences in?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.