[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I do with 3 months of down time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: papyrus.png (15KB, 111x117px) Image search: [Google]
papyrus.png
15KB, 111x117px
Every night when I go to bed I feel like garbage because I wasted the whole day. I'm starting college in 3 months (missed the sign ups for this semester) but every day I feel like I'm accomplishing nothing. I don't really know what I want to do with my life, I just want to do SOMETHING.
>>
>>18198632
Do you have any interests? Something that could land you a job in that area?
>>
>>18198632
Get syllabi for the classes you're taking next semester and read the material up front. Your classes will be piss easy because they will just be review.
>>
Ever considered writing? Literally anyone can do it and I've found that people who have never tried it because they think they'd be no good are actually quite good. Try writing! Short stories, a full novel, or a play or screenplay. I believe every person has an inherent desire and skill to be a storyteller in some way or another. Try it.

In that vein, try YouTube. I'm serious - that's a TON of fun. Do some vlogs, do some skits, even make a short film. Extremely rewarding. I might be biased, though - I've been YouTubing for 8 years and I'm about to graduate from film school.

It's worth it.
>>
>>18198632
Get a job, make some money, maybe do some volunteer work
>>
>>18198732
>I've been YouTubing for 8 years

You're literal cancer. On another note, quit giving people advice, you cancerous sack of shit.
>>
>>18198656
I like art but I have trouble sitting down and practicing.
>>18198732
I used to write occasionally, don't really know why I stopped. Youtube seems kind of out-of-reach, especially with all the drama surrounding it recently.
>>
>>18198751
Good point about the drama. I don't necessarily mean YouTube specifically - just video editing. YouTube just happens to be the biggest platform for amatuer video by a wide margin.

Also, >>18198736 is right about volunteer work. If you got to a church, ask them how you can help. If's there's a more secular program near you where they need help, ask to volunteer. Extremely rewarding to give your time to help others. Plus, in a more selfish capacity, that shit looks great on applications and resumes and reference letters you get from overseers down the road.

I started at 14 doing video shit for my church. I literally put slideshows with bible verses together for sunday services, and then started making videos for them. Loved doing that, so I started making my own videos. Put together a portfolio, got accepted to a film school, and now have work in the industry and am about to graduate.

Point is, volunteering has emotional and "spiritual" rewards, but also can help you in the future.

Good luck.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.