[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I run away?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: wikihow.jpg (45KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
wikihow.jpg
45KB, 728x546px
I'm 18, live in the UK.
I am due to take my A Levels and I'm gonna fail because I haven't studied at all (I'm expecting E's and U's).

My parents still love me, but they always act as if I'm a pestilence around the house (which I am). I don't have a future at home and I really need a change of things.

I have enough money to get a ticket on the Euro Tunnel to France. There I plan on either hitch hiking, getting on the train without paying (You can do this as long as you avoid the conductor).

I have enough /out/ experience because I was a Scout. I've gone on week long hikes and as a hobby I like to be left alone innawoods. I know how to catch a rabbit and skin etc so would be alright for a few days living off game.

If I really need food, french people in the rural areas tend to be very trusting and often leave their produce out in the open. I can steal small amounts to survive.

I know this sounds dumb, and many people are in a worse situation (abusive parents etc). But I honestly feel so cornered in terms of my career. My school won't let me on and I doubt many small businesses will want to employ a dumb 18 year old who has wasted two years of his life on getting U's.

Should I do it?
>>
Lol, this is a childish idea. I wasted 3 years getting shitty A Levels. I still got a job easy peasy. Now i'm going to uni to study CS.

Suck it up and try your best, there's always apprenticeships as a secondary path to a career, I almost landed a very sweet engineering apprenticeship that would have let me buy a car and move out, but I didn't prepare for the final interview properly. It's not that hard to get a good apprenticeship if you set your mind on it and it's a good fit for you.

Trades pay pretty well nowadays too, electrician apprenticeships are common and not hard to get.

Military is always there, the Army is the #5 top employer in the whole country. Save up your salary and go to uni as a mature student if you have to.

What did you study, what were your original goals, and what the fuck are you going to do with your life in the damn french woods?
>>
>>18198481
I do Physics, Maths and Biology. I have been offered a place at Plymouth University to do Civil Engineering. I'm not overly keen but my parents expect me to do it.
>>
I wish you all the best

Maybe there's a rwm.org in your country... get a trade, they train you and pay you along the way sometimes.

my parents are opposite, they said they'll never kick me out but I want to work anyway... I am sorry, I used to never study either and it never mattered, I was also dyslexic. You may want to sincerely try your best from now on and explain to them you want to do good now, then life will get better
>>
>>18198439
>Get shite grades
>Apply for shitty university that will accept you regardless of said grades
>Get 2:1
>Do masters somewhere better or do a grad scheme
>>
>>18198516
Forgot to add:

>implying 1 week in advance isn't enough to get at least C's
>>
>>18198439
You're ready to deal with immigration? Remember, you're coming from the wrong country.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.