[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to do when everything is failling apart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: unnamed (3).jpg (13KB, 303x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (3).jpg
13KB, 303x300px
In less than a week i found out most of my life goals are impossible. Looking up to those things were the only thing getting me thru college with good grades but now i feel like i have no purpose in life whatsoever. I don't know what to do, i'm feeling miserable right now.
>>
What kind of goals?
>>
>>18198307
I had been in love with my ex-economics teacher for the past 3 years and i thought she was interested too, but after talking to her for so long trying to make it work she finally told me "anon, this ain't gonna work". Can't really blame her, it's hard to maintan a relationship with a 7 year age difference. I Really wanted her to be the love of my life.

On the other hand, this week i realized that the scholarship i've been chasing is pretty much impossible for me to achieve at this point since most of the other people that are competing to get it are just straight up superior to me in terms of how smart they are. They're the kind of people that combine talent with dedication and it's hard to top that off when you only have dedication.

Finally,the thing i wanted the most is make a living out of making videogames but browsing thru steam everyday makes me realize more and more how optimistic that sounds. Only very few people manage to make it happen.

I Have rather simplistic life goals, my life is kinda pathetic now that i think about it
>>
>>18198320
> I Really wanted her to be the love of my life.
Yet you're taking it like a champ. You're going to find someone else.
>browsing thru steam everyday makes me realize more and more how optimistic that sounds. Only very few people manage to make it happen.
So what ? Do you want to live a meaningless life ? Blaze your path, anon
>>
>>18198320
You have shit goals.
>>
>>18198333
>I have rather simplistic life goals, my life is kinda pathetic now that i think about it
>>
>>18198320
OP, your life dream is easily achievable. Most video games are total crap, and just derivatives off other gas and genres. If you come up with a game that is truly unique, like Undertale or Terraria, then it's so easy to make it big off it. All you need to do is be really dedicated (coding doesn't require intelligence, it requires persistence)
>>
>>18198297
> i feel like i have no purpose in life whatsoever.
> love of my life.
> scholarship i've been chasing
>,make a living out of making videogames

You have purposes. You have goals.
You just lost the forest for the trees.

This one particular woman is not "the love of your life". If this woman exists, chances are there's one pretty fucking similar, but who wants to be with someone like you. Your new goal is to go find that one.

Maybe you don't get this scholarship. That doesn't stop you for pursuing scholarship as an endeavor, or pursuing other scholarship funding.

Yes, there are people who seem to have more natural talent than you. There always will be someone younger, who seems able to produce better results with less resources and effort. There are also two kinds of genius; the kind you seem to be born with, and the kind you cultivate. Savants are a flash in the pan and generally more of a cultural blip than game-changers in their fields. The genius that people remember and that changes the world more often comes out of decades (yes, decades) of refinement.

If you were learning to tie your shoes, and failed one time, you wouldn't give up because you didn't tie 'this knot'.
By the same token don't focus so much on 'this person' or 'this scholarship'.

If your goals are love and achievement and making games, you will find those things and fill your life with them. It's by fixating on particular instances of those things that you reject other opportunities.
>>
Out of pure curiosity what scholarship was that ?
>>
>>18198501
I live in a 3rd world country, in my college scholarships are awarded to the students with the 5 highest gpas. This is obviously per respective major and respective semester.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.