[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you bitch about your job, everyone dismisses it as "Well

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: anguish.jpg (93KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
anguish.jpg
93KB, 1366x768px
When you bitch about your job, everyone dismisses it as "Well deal with it, everyone hates their job"

But how do you actually cope? What strategies do you use?

I left a role where I was with people I considered friends, with work that was rewarding.

Now I'm in a role where the people dislike me and the work is terrible.

What am I supposed to do now? How am I supposed to make it through the day?
>>
>Now I'm in a role where the people dislike me and the work is terrible

This isn't healthy in the long run. Look for another job.
>>
>>18197875

That's only said by people that have no skills and no other options.
>>
>>18197881

For reasons I won't go into, I have to see out six months. Once that is over I can leave, but I have to do six months. I don't know how I'm going to cope but I think I have to do it somehow.
>>
>>18197875
Why did you left your old job?

Also I see it this way: the current system demands 8 hours of my day and if I ad the 8 hours of sleep I have a third of my life to do whatever the fuck I want and that job is what allows those 8 hours to be as good as they are (and it will only get better with time).

So yeah, that's how I deal with it, funny thing is I trained myself for this kind of life when I was a neet by playing MMORPG, the ammount of effort and time it takes to reach your character to max level in any game is some personality-defining acchievement.
>>
>>18197888
Then I'd say keep yourself busy outside of work, to have stuff to look forward to and to keep your mind off your situation. It helps a lot to turn your free time into a more important part of your life.
>>
>>18197888

Ah, six months isn't the end of the world. I cope with shitty jobs by either drinking heavily after work, or taking the weekends to be a complete fucking bum. I found that if I took my weekends to just sit in my bed and watch Netflix and get comfy shitposting/reading comics/playing video games, I could come to work on Monday at least semi-able to cope.

It was the weekends where I went out and had a bunch of fun or ran errands and felt like I didn't know where the time went that I ended up feeling the most stressed and unhappy. But keep in mind, most of my shit was anxiety based, instead of disliking the people that I worked with. I just found the job overwhelming.
>>
>>18197894

There was the perception that things in my old team were about to get worse. Less resources, fewer staff, less opportunity in general. I saw this position advertised and they made it sound like it was the perfect extension of my current skillset. Unfortunately it looks like I've been lied to and the role represents a series of solved problems where I'm just pressing buttons, benefiting from other people's expertise. It's so hard to go from "We can't do this, please help us, we trust you" to "this other person solves all of our problems, we've got nothing else for you so please write it up. Also we don't really care that much in general so we're not even going to thank you for it because it's not that important"

I like your point about making the most of the other time. Maybe take it as a positive: if work is unfulfilling, try to seek fulfillment in life outside of work. Maybe I've been avoiding that.
>>
>>18197902
>I cope with shitty jobs by either drinking heavily after work

Do you go and hang out at bars or drink at home?

I've always wanted to have a bar to hang out at after work
>>
>>18197914

Depends on the day and who I have around. Unfortunately I had a permanent falling out with one of my best buds, but for a while, 2-3 times a week we'd post up at one of 3 or 4 bars by our offices and grab a couple beers and maybe dinner.

Once we had a falling out, I'd snag coworkers for post-work beers, but I didn't want to make it clear just how miserable I was, so it was one of the close places maybe once a week.

A lot of nights I'd just wanna come home and watch the news and my shows and have a couple of beers and pretend life didn't suck. I'm unemployed right now and life is great.

But I do miss my old bar haunts.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.