[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mother wants nothing to do with me anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1297700426512_ORIGINAL.jpg (25KB, 420x280px) Image search: [Google]
1297700426512_ORIGINAL.jpg
25KB, 420x280px
A couple nights ago I was talking about a ton of shit with my mom, and we got on the topic of me getting older. She was saying that I'll always be her baby and that she'll always worry for me, no matter how old I am. I told her that she has to accept that I'm not gonna talk to her every day, not gonna go to her with all my problems, visit on the holidays and not much else.

Well, she got upset at this and said that I was disrespecting her, following the footsteps of my brother (moved out at 16 and never talked to her unless he was drunk). I tried explaining that I do respect her, but I want to be able to go out into the world and be independent. She then said that I can be independent, saying she would stay out of my life from now on.

Now she's saying she's not going to even go to my graduation. In the past, she would always say she'd go wild at my graduation, screaming my name and all.

What do? Like, I don't really care about talking to her much in the future, but it's not out of disrespect. I don't know how to communicate that to her.
>>
>>18196879
lmao, are you Asian?
>>
She's being over emotional and just trying to get you to cave in. This is a cheap trick that some people use- male or female. She's full of crap if she's just claiming bail out on her child like that ESPECIALLY if there are people that she knows whom will be at your graduation.

But that sad truth of it is that you become more busy with school, hanging out with friends, and you eventually begin to remember how much your parents help you and love you. By the time you do call them- they're older, more busy with personal projects, and it's more difficult to meet them in person- making it considerably more difficult to say thank you to them.

Are you in the wrong? Yes. Should you apologize to her? No. It's a learning experience for both of you.
>>
>>18196879
>my mom doesn't care about my needs but because she shit me out and has been guilting me my whole life I feel like I owe her something

Gee, idk bro, what ever should you do?
>>
>>18196879
she put 18-20 years of her life into raising you, you little shit

tell her you love her and you'll call her weekly
>>
>>18196879
Just love your mom anon. She won't be with you forever and you will look back on this time with regret. Trust me. Honor your parents all the days of their lives.
>>
>>18196879
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7O7sBg-iJc
>>
>>18196879
>Well, she got upset at this and said that I was disrespecting her, following the footsteps of my brother (moved out at 16 and never talked to her unless he was drunk).

Well, there you go. Parents are aggrieved when their children leave them unceremoniously and do not contact them

This is not news

If you ditched her anywhere near that hard she'd basically die inside because she thinks you're all she has left

t. a guy whose mother is clingy
>>
>>18197194

oh cool the my-mom-shit-me-out-so-I-must-tolerate-my-parent's-toxic-behavior-no-matter-what guy is here.
>>
Was your mom abusive or something? An alcoholic or a drug addict? I mean, if she was a total shit I could understand not wanting to talk to her - but if did right by you growing up then you probably really hurt her feelings.

Being independent doesn't mean never speaking to your mom - she loves you want to at least know you're doing ok. There's a difference between having the occasional conversation and letting her know you're ok vs calling and asking for handouts.
>>
File: 3o7WTQsJYgaf25Tr20.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
3o7WTQsJYgaf25Tr20.gif
2MB, 500x280px
>>18197194
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.