[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Entry Level Job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1460278715032.jpg (32KB, 478x457px) Image search: [Google]
1460278715032.jpg
32KB, 478x457px
Hi, /adv/. I need to find an entry level job. The only problem is, I suffer from crippling anxiety and depression and I've found it very hard to function effectively in the workplace. I've tried working retail and I've also tried fast food service but I don't think I'm cut out for either. I would frequently have panic attacks on the job and despite doing my best to keep it to myself, my co-workers and managers seemed to be able to tell that I wasn't okay and worse yet it would impact my performance to the point where I was let go from both jobs relatively quickly (I only lasted a few months, if I remember correctly).

Now, I'm left wondering what to do. I need to work to help support my parents but I'm not going to get very far if I keeping freaking out on the job and getting the boot. I'm worried that there really is nothing else I can do and that I'm pretty fucked as far as work I can do without a degree or references or anything like that. I don't know, any help you can give me I would appreciate. I feel completely hopeless right now.
>>
>>18196758
Get off the internet and put down your phone. Talk to people and learn social skills. I've trashed hundreds of resumes from people that can't control themselves or never learned how to carry on a conversation. This will hold you back forever and your generation is eaten alive with it. If you can't shake hands and say hi without sweating you can kiss 95% of worthwhile jobs goodbye.

Not trying to be harsh. The truth is there are way too many people applying to entry level jobs to have to put up with spergs.
>>
>>18196758
Find jobs where they basically hire anyone with a pulse such as a waste processing plant.
>>
>>18196758
I have PTSD, therein crippling anxiety and depression. I understand where you are coming from. This is coming from a place of love but nobody cares, or is going to care, about what you are going through besides those who are close to you. Go to a therapist or a psychiatrist if medicine is the way you want to go. You're talking entry level, it's the shit that everyone has to go through and it fucking sucks and will suck but you can do it not because everyone else can do it easily but because you have to. You're going to go the extra mile and make the best effort because you sure as hell can do it. But first things first, go get some help.
>>
>>18196758
I don't know much about having crippling anxiety and depression but you don't have to mention any of that on a application to wal-mart or taco smell.

The interview is easy because obviously terrible employees get hired at these kinds of places all the time, just act... nominal.

If it's a job that involves talking to humans you simply become a human robot who only needs to learn the basic motions of being polite and listening to what someone is asking for. You can be really really autistic and be good at helping retail customers. The training videos even tell you exactly what to do and how to do it like you are a weirdo who doesn't know how to be polite.
>>
>>18196787
I have to agree.
You can dress as fucking nicely and do every question as righteously as you want...but it never works if you're bumbling through words.

I got my way only because I passed as a man here. Eventually, I dealt with tons of weirdos, but in the end it's all just a walk in the park for me. All that matters now is how long I have to stay here before I get promoted/a raise/a new job.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.