[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can somebody with zero social skills be likeable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: awkward.jpg (59KB, 1710x900px) Image search: [Google]
awkward.jpg
59KB, 1710x900px
Justt started a new job with a clean slate. How can I pass off as the strong silent type without seeming lime a quite brooding asshole? I want people to like me, but the truth is I'm a socially awkward shut-in with zero social skills. I see people talking about subjects all the time that I know almost nothing about, and usually all I can do is pretend to be interested and ask questions. I also suck ass at banter, and if somebodies trying to fuck with me usually all I can do is smile and laugh.
>>
>>18196605
>lime a quite
like a quiet*
>>
>>18196605
> How can I pass off as the strong silent type without seeming lime a quite brooding asshole?

Be competent at your job and offer to help others when needed.

> I also suck ass at banter, and if somebodies trying to fuck with me usually all I can do is smile and laugh.

Doesn't sound like a good workplace.
>>
>>18196605
You have to practice, look it up and learn through experience.

I know it's possible intellectually
>>
>>18196605
Been in your place op, learn to adapt to the environment, and possibly see if you have social anxiety or similar.

I now can speak to most people in the office easily and have 'banter'.

Some of it is luck tho, depends on who else is there.
>>
I was in your situation a year ago.

Basically what >>18197786 said, being competent at your job gives you a lot of respect around, specially when people start going to you for help.

Try to find common interests, nowadays vidya and anime are acceptable interest, I personally hate DB super and SAO but AoT second season started airing and normies are all over that shit (I personally enjoy it more than the previews two) also I was lucky enough to be around during the pokemon go hype, an interesting event since it meant free socializing all around the world for everyone.

Everyone has a series or two that they follow on Netflix, you might also try with those.
>>
>>18197911
Why is it that people with shitty social skills can only relate through entertainment (tvshows, movies, games etc.)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.