[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being a little needy bitch when making friends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1478777071362.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478777071362.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
How do I stop being a little needy bitch when making friends?
I'm not the most social person out there so whenever I make a new friend I stress the fuck out about it.
Like how long should we go without talking without starting to drift away from each other or if I should be the one to start the conversation or if I should be the one suggesting things to do together without being annoying.
Most important of all is that I get extremely jealous when another friend shows up. I am honestly just scared they might take the person away or jut hog him to themselves. Not that I would do anything about it even if that happened because I am a worthless little bitch.
>>
>>18196421
You've basically asked THE question that plagues at least half the board, and no anon has been able to answer: How to make friends who aren't parasites.

If this question could be answered successfully, /adv/ would disappear overnight. Hell, a large chunk of the boards would disappear bar the creative ones.
>>
I have the same problem. I've found that the root of it is insecurity. I don't like who I am so I look for validation and happiness in other people. I'm hypersensitive to any signs of rejection or disapproval by those people and it manifests in clingy behavior and unnecessary conflicts due to perceived slights. Unfortunately I don't have an answer for how to change this but if you really examine your behavior and ask yourself some "Why?" questions it might help you get to the root of your own insecurities.
>>
>>18196470
Are you guys chicks or something?

People like to hang out with me and with my gf. I don't think normal people worry about this at all. I'm fun and funny.

Stop thinking "Am I good enough?" and start thinking "Is this person good enough for me?".

You guys are pathetic.
>>
Ask him out op; if youre dating him then she cant take him away
>>
>>18196482
I'm a guy.
>>18196481
You forgot the part where you drove off towards the sunset in your Ford Mustang or whatever
>>
>>18196497
Wow, you are a pussy.

Live with authenticity and stop looking for external validation.

Grow some balls. Why don't you read more and lift weights. How do you not have the confidence to be yourself in front of people. Being funny is easy.
>>
>>18196506
What a cookie cutter response.
I go to the gym 3 times a week and run on weekends.
I read at least 3 books a months aside from my coursework.
Guess what, your magic formula is worth shit.
>>
>>18196497
Your a guy, now ask him out faggot.

No but seriously i have the same issue as you op, i dont know when, or even how to start conversations with new friends after we know each others intrests and shit most my relationships slowly die. I feel you man
>>
>>18196513
Like I said, they don't have an answer.

If you're still under 25, you can still join clubs and shit in your area of interest.
>>
File: 71R6N-%2Bs31L.jpg (188KB, 958x1411px) Image search: [Google]
71R6N-%2Bs31L.jpg
188KB, 958x1411px
>>18196349
>>
>>18196513
I guess you just have shitty genes then, you defeatist.

I grew up on very individualist and masculine narritives as well as being an only child.

When you find out you are more knowledgeable and creative than everyone around you save for the friends you consider your equals the world seems more surmountable.

There is virtue in arrogance. Every great man needs it.
>>
>>18196513
or maybe it's because even the most "magical formulas" or the best-intentioned advice is wasted on a sorry excuse of a man like yourself

but keep making excuses my man, I'm sure that's a part of your personal path to happiness
>>
>>18196472
For me the "why" questions eventually led to the "who says that" question. Like why can't you just enjoy your time with people or be confident with women? Led to why are you afraid? What are you afraid of? Why do you feel so feeble and weak, why do you not like yourself? I kinda got the answers, and when meditating the bomb dropped. Who says this stuff you're afraid of even matters? Who says you're unlikable and come off as an awkward sperg? The answer is "me, my huge ego I can't satisfy and tells me I'm not enough".
>>
>>18196564
>vague fortune cookie shite
>>
>>18196663
You'll understand eventually little grashopper
>>
>>18196349
Stop thinking these things. It's not helpful and just stresses you out. Figure out where these thoughts are stemming from, and then fix that. Ask yourself why you're thinking these things.
>>
>>18196663
>I'm going to ignore advice that was given to me when I asked for it because it wasn't what I wanted to hear
you know that only literal children have a hard time understanding fortune cookie messages too, right?
again, perhaps the problem is that you're a garbage human being and good advice is completely wasted on a piece of shit like you
>>
>>18196349

I'm the opposite.

Whenever I make a new friend it's more of a "here we go again..." situation where I regret giving them my number because they text too much (once... once is too much).

My advice, get some really shitty friends who'll actually make you appreciate being alone more.
Them slowly ghost them when you realise you can actually be better off alone.
>>
>>18196564
>Who says you're unlikable and come off as an awkward sperg?

The fact you made it 28 years with only flaky "friends" and not many others are particularly interested in you or what you have to say.
>>
>>18196851
I bet you're a kind man with a lot of interesting and unique passions. I'm interested in what you have to say. Do you have discord or skype?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.