[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help reconnecting with someone.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Sociopath.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sociopath.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
I've posted about this before. Here's a greentext for background story:

>meet girl through friend
>friend turns out to be sociopath who was manipulating us mentally and emotionally
>I only find out through luck and coincidences I can only attribute to divine intervention
>try hard as fuck to show her how manipulative and destructive this guy is
>finally get through to her
>ordeal was extremely damaging to any relationship we could have had, friendship or otherwise
>I just want to heal what damage was done to us, so that when I see her, I'm not reminded of what happened

We had an argument a few months ago, but over time have become comfortable talking to each other casually when we pass by one another on campus.

I wrote a letter explaining my side, how I felt.
I could use help editing it so it's not too..heavy.
>>
>>18196339

Hey,
I’d like to see you smile again.

We met under dramatic, destructive circumstances. We were lied to about each other drastically, and hurt needlessly.

I want to disconnect from that bitter past, but I don’t entirely want to let you go. I don’t want to associate a beautiful, genuine person with a wicked experience, not when there’s a better way.

For what it’s worth, we were strong, loving people. We were strong enough and loving enough that the machinations of a sociopath and his friend weren’t enough to break whatever connection we had, and their lying wasn’t enough to change who we were.

I don’t want to relive what happened, nor dwell on what was lost. What I want is to let you know that I cared for you more than I’ve said. I valued you as a person more than I valued being in a romantic relationship with you. I still feel that way.

As much as I’d like to explain every misunderstanding and wash away every lie between us, I understand that just isn’t practical. I don’t want to pretend we didn’t genuinely hurt each other.

What I’d like is an open and honest conversation so we can heal the damage done to us, even if it’s just to be able to say goodbye or see you later on good terms.

Our history is, from my perspective, a destructive story, with so many layers, but at its deepest, it’s a love story. No one fell in love, but there’s a difference between being in love, and loving someone. The former is a sensation of joy and comfort and passion and freedom, and the latter is a choice, a willingness to endure a great deal of pain, and grief, and sacrifice, for another’s safety and happiness.

We were strong, loving people, because we chose to be that way.

And I’d like to get to know you, and see you smile again, whenever you’re ready.

It could be fun.
>>
I think that sounds perfect. But given the history between you both, try not to push it past this letter. Give her time to think about it and respond. Take her response with respect even if she is not respectful when she does in fact respond.
>>
>>18196453
Thank you, that's what I needed to hear.

This may be an unhealthy way to look at it, but historically, I've respected her choices and she's flipped all over the place. She doesn't know what she wants or how she feels.

It was dangerous.
>>
>>18196493
Keep all of that in mind throughout this encounter. if you feel in your gut that something is going wrong, listen to that feeling. The best way to handle someone who may put you in a dangerous situation is to say "I understand, thank you for considering this. It was nice to see you." And walk away. Respect can have a bigger influence on these situations than people think.
>>
>>18196339
>friend turns out to be sociopath who was manipulating us mentally and emotionally
Funny how some people always end up having this problem time and time again
>Damaging to any relationship we could have had
>I wrote her a letter
Please post the letter I can't wait
>>
File: C8qUcFBVwAEpebV.jpg (76KB, 749x1014px) Image search: [Google]
C8qUcFBVwAEpebV.jpg
76KB, 749x1014px
>>18196348
Stop taking estrogen anon
>>
>>18196540
I mean I've had this problem once.

Already posted the letter.

>>18196551
I'll cut soy out of my diet.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.