[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oneitis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: benji.jpg (75KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
benji.jpg
75KB, 700x700px
How do I get over my oneitis? It's been almost a month since I told her how I felt and that we should cut things off because of it.

I've been trying to date other girls but it seems unsatisfactory. I'm not in self-loathing state, been busy with work and other projects but the thought of her just won't escape my mind no matter how hard I try.

TL;DR: What do you guys recommend for oneitis?
>>
File: vhctiy8dIKk.jpg (74KB, 810x539px) Image search: [Google]
vhctiy8dIKk.jpg
74KB, 810x539px
Bump. I have the same situation. She clearly stated that I should find someone else, decided to keep contact purely professional.

I can't fall for other girls, I tried. I just don't like other girls. Can't even jerk off properly.
>>
>>18195720
You could continue trying to find another girl to be your new oneitis.

Or, you could force it to her. Force her to be yours, using any means necessary.

Both are not healthy choices, since your problem lie on something other that girl or relationship.

Perhaps you could try meditation, or zen shit to make yourself no too overly attached to some things in this world.
>>
Wait a while, until you understand the real reason why you were attracted. It may have been deeper than you imagined. It may have been a mistake.

I have a crush on a girl who doesn't even reciprocate or answer my messages. I fucked up bad trying to attract her. Next year, I will more than likely see her again. I will ask if she'd like to dance with me. If she doesn't want to, then I guess I'll just get drunk instead.

They tell you to fuck other women to realize how insignificant the one person you're attracted to actually is. But really I'd just be watering myself down and cheapening compatibility.

I want to hold on to strong feelings because insignificant ones are in abundance. And abundance degrades endurance. All I can do is try. Hell even jacking off waters down my attractions, but the truly significant, compatible ones remain like a tattoo.. if not a blurred tattoo waiting to be retouched so to speak..
>>
>>18195798

So you're still in touch? I decided to cut things off because I was miserable. She told me that I can talk once I change my mind but honestly it feels like a trap, though temptation almost got the better of me.

>>18195818

I'm trying my best to do so but it's easier said than done of course. I think it's best I stay away from her.

>>18195848

I had a few one night stands after breaking up with my ex and I learned that it didn't really help much, so I'm not going down that route this time either.

I just don't wanna be a sperg and go back to feeling miserable.
>>
>>18195720
A month? Who cares, get over yourself you literal child.
>>
>>18195875

Gee, I didn't know there was some sort of threshold to asking for advice.
>>
>>18195798
Find someone else

You wont like other girls unless you actually spend time with them, don't expecto to have eye contact and suddently idolize her. Actually date people you like as a person
>>
>>18195720
Growing the fuck up helps.

I really don't want to dignify this thread with a response, but keep in mind, the real her is dofferent than the one in your head. The one in your head would have accepted you -- proof enough that you were in love/infatuated with an idea/concept. NOT the real her.
>>
>>18195891

I'm aware of that. I'm not trying to give off that "the friendzone sucks, all girls suck"-vibe. I'm just asking for advice on something that I believe a lot of guys experience at least once in their lives. Anyways, thanks for the comment.
>>
Hypocritical societal standards in which liberalism and escapism are praised versus pursuing compatibility followed by "just be yourself" mixed with don't do A or B. Encouraging lust while love is shunned.

You will cry out in your death beds for someone to whipe your ass, it'll take about an hour or two before they arrive and you will wish for love and empathy, but it will not come.

This debate boils down to settling for mediocrity or going for your ideal mate. Nothing more.
>>
>>18195869
We are. That lead to a funny situation that we barely had any contact outside of university, and after I asked her out and that statement I wrote in my last post she made she wrote me several times, we chatted a lot.

Fucking pathetic, actually. I even think she doesn't see me as a "human". I don't know how to act around situations like this.
>>
>minimize contact, cut all ties
>give yourself time to get over the feels, it could be a while
>spend the time loving and working on yourself, and learning to control your emotions
>when you're back to yourself then start dating again but be more wise with your affections

Fucking/dating someone else to get over a crush/ex is selfish and just perpetuates the problem and doesn't actually heal you. Some of the most broken people I know are the ones who just jump from person to person because they short circuit growth and progressively kill their ability to pair bond. Don't be one of those people.
>>
>>18196029
Thanks anon.
>>
Its been a month? Come on a real oneitis can last up to a year or even longer (in case you truly loved someone). I survived it two times.

The one real solution is to substitute your oneitis with other person.
Just start dating without high expectations. Date easy girls too, and pump other pussies. When you will be finally bored, go for a quality women.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.