[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you stop passive aggresive behavior?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2090.jpg (106KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2090.jpg
106KB, 640x640px
>>
>>18195396

by addressing it.
>>
File: GltrAmO.jpg (230KB, 1079x1256px) Image search: [Google]
GltrAmO.jpg
230KB, 1079x1256px
>>18195408
Wrong. You need to engage in passive aggressive war and call them out in every indirect way possible, addressing one fault at a time until they see the light and the error of their ways.

You will be the one for whom many wrongs will make the rightest right.
>>
>>18195396
passive aggressive = someone wants to be aggressive but the consequences for doing so would be too unbearable(awkwardness/dealing with anger/possible injury in fight)
just be aggressive with someone who's passive aggressive and take the first shot(either verbal or physical). they are cowards, they will not be able to cope with it.
if you're the one being passive aggressive you need to stop being a coward and either be aggressive or be completely passive and accept that you're in a situation that is not ideal - think of ways to avoid that situation in the future
>>
>>18195396
Confront it. Passive-aggressive people are cowards who'll prefer to run than defending their stances or views.

And if you're doing it yourself, train to speak your mind bit by bit. Consider that others' are not giving a fuck about you as much as you want to think, they care more about what inside their head more, so if you want to speak anything, speak it clearly.
>>
>>18195396
In yourself or stopping someone else?

I recently went to some seminar for work about dealing with difficult people. It went over how to deal with passive aggression in others.

Basically: You recognize you can't change them, but don't allow yourself to be victimized either.

I'm assuming by passive aggression, you are referring to someone who uses sarcasm, covert insults and attacks, mutters insults, and mostly uses their attitude/tone to express anger. This is versus someone who just blows up and is directly aggressive.

Basically, if someone is passive aggressive, sarcastic, or covert. You call it out. Not aggressively. Maybe just an innocent, "What did you mean by that?" can lead to a better conversation in which you can assert yourself and call out their behavior. Basically you need to be open, clear, and if they have a problem with something you do, tell them you're open to compromising a solution. Their reaction to this may make them even angrier, in which situation you just remain the calm, level headed, open person in the situation.

Never match the passive aggression. Or any aggression with aggression. Just allows the person to "win"
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.