[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting over oneitis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1409185484045.jpg (136KB, 638x714px) Image search: [Google]
1409185484045.jpg
136KB, 638x714px
Long story short, got rejected by a girl I was really into, thought the feelings would disappear after a while but that wasn't the case. We kept on being friends but it seems like that was a mistake.

I know it won't happen and I know I should just stop thinking about it, but for some reason I can't.
No, I'm not inexperienced, no it's not one of those cases where it's my dick leading me. The girl is practically my dream girl, that's what's making it so hard to let go.
How do you get over this shit? At this point all it's doing is making me feel shitty and I want it gone. I've thought about cutting contact but that would also mean cutting contact with my group of friends so that's kind of a no-go.
>>
>>18195238

Meet more girls. Hang out less with her. Not cutting contact, but, you know, just seeing her less.

Think less about her, be less around her, and be more around new opportunities. She can't be your dream girl because she is not into you. That immediately disqualifies her.
>>
>>18195255
I'm trying to hang out with other people, though her being with my main friend group makes it all a bit harder.

In that regard yes, you're definitely right. It's just that she's the only girl I've met so far in my life that I clicked with so well. Myriads of shared interests, same values and views on the world, etc. It's somewhat stupid to say this but I feel really doubtful about finding someone like this again, I guess that's why the feelings remained.
>>
>>18195329
>It's somewhat stupid to say this but I feel really doubtful about finding someone like this again,

Really? How many friends do you have that share your interests, values and worldview? And you think you can't find another girl who does?

> I guess that's why the feelings remained.

No, don't play that game. You admit it's hard for you to hang out with different people, so first try that and then decide what the reason is, what do you say?
>>
>>18195341
>Really? How many friends do you have that share your interests, values and worldview? And you think you can't find another girl who does?

I'm similar to most of my friends, but not to that degree. You know those times when it's scary how similar someone is to you? That's what it's like with this girl, it's ridiculous.
I kinda feel like I can't, out of the ones I've met so far most have been either very different or barely like me. Even my previous girlfriend was barely like me, took some time and maturing to realize that though.

>No, don't play that game. You admit it's hard for you to hang out with different people, so first try that and then decide what the reason is, what do you say?
Not quite sure what you mean. I'm fine with hanging out with different people, it's just that she's in my circle of friends (roughly 8 or so people) and with the way I live I don't really have time to build up a whole new group, nor do I want to. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant though.
>>
>>18195366

I'm saying this: You say she is so similar to you and no other girl comes close to that, right? But then you say you keep hanging out around her.

So if you really wanna test that hypotesis, you need to meet new people.

And being super-similar is not what makes a good relationship. As you have seen, it didn't make her interested in you.

Wanting to be together is what makes a good relationship. You don't have to share everything. You don't have to date "yourself".
>>
>>18195378
Ah right, thanks for clarifying.
Well I've based that upon previous people and groups I've been around during my life. Not that I've met every person there is to meet obviously, but so far the grand majority didn't come close.
But yeah, thank you, I'll take the advice and try to hang around some new people, at least as much as my time allows.

>And being super-similar is not what makes a good relationship. As you have seen, it didn't make her interested in you.
>Wanting to be together is what makes a good relationship. You don't have to share everything. You don't have to date "yourself".

I kinda have to work on that, because it's usually the way I look for a partner, I've always just tried to find someone who's really similar, since that's when I feel most like I can let loose.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.