[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any anons from Ukraine here? Or catholic orthodox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: iku.jpg (203KB, 887x499px) Image search: [Google]
iku.jpg
203KB, 887x499px
I am invited to the babtism of my BFs god child in Ukraine and I am worried about how to dress for it. I was told that I will have to wear a long dress that covers my legs, which is fine and I have one but it might be too fancy. (purple and open shoulders/clevage)

I want to buy a new one just to be sure, but I don't know what I have to look for. Are there special colors, or patterns that I have to look out for? (I heard the ukrainians can be a little superstitious and I don't want to offend them by wearing something considered unlucky)

Also, what is better, a full dress or just a long skirt?
>>
File: IMG_3110.jpg (73KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3110.jpg
73KB, 267x400px
not ukrainian nor catholic. but i think you would do good to get something more conservative. something unoffensive like dark blue and make sure the cut is not too revealing. maybe something like pic related
>>
>>18194627
Ok yeah I was thinking about a one colored dress too that has long sleeves and no clevage. It's actually pretty hard to find something like that in a normal store that doesn't look too festive
>>
File: IMG_3109.jpg (477KB, 799x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3109.jpg
477KB, 799x1200px
>>18194631
i know... kind of sad that they only sell revealing stuff. what you can do is go to a bit more expensive boutique. people who buy their clothese there have to dress modestly but chic for stuff like business parties and such.

i'd go with a solid color maxi dress.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 225x224px
>>18194632
That dress is really pretty, I hope I can find something like that, thanks! I'll also have to cover my hair with a scarf, but I think I will ask someone there if they can give me one.
>>
>>18194636
Not that anon but honestly, if you can't, it's might be easier to find a maxi skirt and a nice blouse that isnt hoe-y.
>>
>>18194636
meh, just take a simple white one with you. looks pretty with the blue, you can wrap it sround your shoulders if you're getting cold and in church you can cover your hair with it.

good luck!
>>
>>18194641
I think it will probably go like that, because I'm never lucky when going out to buy dresses

>>18194644
Yeah that sounds alright, someone on another board suggested a floral pattern for the scarf, but I'm unsure if i'll find something that fits. Will probably go with white or black then
>>
>>18194655
Yeah, I haven't seen many maxi dresses in non-luxury stores, but I have seen a decent amount of maxi skirts. I see them mostly at h&ms or forever 21s around me. You could even try a target or something.
>>
>>18194664
I live in Switzerland, so pretty much every shop is expensive anywaqys. But I will be on vacation in London over the weekedn, so I hope I'll find some good shit there in general
>>
>>18194667
kek, no way... i'm in switzerland too.
i've found nice maxi dresses in coop and migros actually. their clothes section is more geared towards housewifes in comparison to new yorker or whatever.
schild is a good shop to search, too. or just find one on zalando.
>>
>>18194667
If you have the money, go for it. I find that forever 21 shit and the like can be pretty iffy quality (at least in my experience) anyway. If you accidentally get their stuff caught on something it'll probably rip. I do think maxi skirts as opposed to dresses are probably more versatile in the long run, though.
>>
>>18194667
kek, no way... i'm in switzerland too.
i've found nice maxi dresses in coop and migros actually. their clothes section is more geared towards housewifes in comparison to new yorker or whatever.
schild is a good shop to search, too. or just find one on zalando.

https://m.zalando.ch/samsoe-samsoe-isar-maxikleid-dark-sapphire-sa321c03o-k11.html
>>
>>18194684
just saw that it has an open back...
you could wear a light cardigan with it, though.
>>
>>18194678
>>18194684
lmao the world is small. I noticed that Migros has good quality stuff if you don't expect much. I always get my bras there. I had some bad experiences with Zalando, but maybe I'll give it another shop if nothing else helps Merci :)

>>18194680
Yeah they usually don't survive the first washing I found but if it's cheap I'll only have to wear it once anyways.
>>
A long plain dress that covers legs and cleavage. Older orthodox women also use headscarves to cover themselves in churches or on religious rituals outside. Or you can wear that dress you have and cover your cleavage with a pullover or whatever it's called.
That's for an orthodox event, dunno how catholics do baptisms.
If they are more typical orthodox christians, expect a huge party afterwards, christening your child ain't no small thing.
>>
>>18194723
normal christian is not that conservative, but it hugely depends on where you are. For example in Italy you have to cover up a lot as well.

I do expect a party aftterwards and lots of wodka, I've already been warned lol. I hope it won't be too hot in may tho for a long sleeved dress
>>
>>18194746
If the baptism is in a church (99% chance), it won't be hot trust me, orthodox churches are pretty cool in the summer. It might be hot later, especially at the party, but then the rules will be more relaxed.
>>
>>18194748
I see, maybe I'll go with light jacket then to cover up the top
>>
>>18194606
Raised catholic in a catholic country - uncovered shoulders are definitely not allowed in church, but you can easily fix it wearing a shrug on your dress during the ceremony in the church and take it off after.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.