[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 87.jpg (12KB, 358x239px) Image search: [Google]
87.jpg
12KB, 358x239px
I'm 18 with no prior work experience.
In the past five weeks I've applied to 243 low wage positions. I've received no responses, nor offers or any form of communication besides confirmation that my emails were received.

This is getting me nowhere. I have no connections through family, friends or any other kind of relationship, volunteerwork or otherwise.

I'm going to university. I need to pay for it somehow. I need a place to live, food to eat, I have bills I need to pay. I want to do things in my spare time, I want to continue going to the gym on my own dime. I need to improve myself daily. I need to invest in my future. I want to enjoy the present, as well. I'm surrounded by people with rich families despite my economic background, and their parents pay for all their shit. It's frustrating not being able to do things with my friends.

I don't care what I have to do. I want money, I'm tired of not being able to do shit.
>>
You need to contact them for a follow up. They probably get hundreds of applications, show that you're interested.
>>
File: 1485747879720.jpg (107KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1485747879720.jpg
107KB, 750x1000px
>>18194288
Follow up? I don't have access to anything beyond a generic .noreply email. These are faceless corporations. Who can I contact?

Let's say I apply to a McDonals, for example. Who am I supposed to ask for a follow up? The managers of locations like that don't like being talked to for work, they'll tell you to apply online, or they'll give you a form and say "fill it out, also apply online." Rather, that's what I've been doing. Is this not a follow up?
>>
>>18194303
call them
>>
File: 7189330_1600x1200.jpg (463KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
7189330_1600x1200.jpg
463KB, 1600x1200px
>>18194316
I've done that. A few times, not many though. I'd say about... 15 times? Never led anywhere.
>>
>>18194303
Go in there again you idiot and talk to the manager after you have applied. Keep bugging the shit out of them until they hire you. Just FYI too, I just got hired at dominos delivering pizza. The application didn't even ask about prior experience. Delivering is the shit man. Easiest fucking job in the world, and you make really good money like 15 an hour or more
>>
>>18194330
Only delivery job that is a feasible distance to travel to requires:

a car (I can't afford that)
a license to drive a car (I can't afford that)
gas in the car (I can't afford that)
and insurance (I can't afford that)
>>
>>18194336
K well doesn't matter. Just do the first part i said.
>>
>In the past five weeks I've applied to 243 low wage positions
That tells me you've spent next to no effort on each of these applications.
>>
Go for a walk
See "help wanted" sign
Walk in
Ask for the job
get job
>>
>>18194524
>do this
>oh we already filled that position yesterday
>then why is the sign still in the window?
>the manager hasn't told us to take it down yet
>walk over and pull the sign off the window
>put it on the counter and walk out

Guess I dodged a bullet. Don't think I could handle working with people that dumb.
>>
>>18194558
And yet they're the ones with a job and you're the one who's unemployed. You sound like one of those guys who's all "yeah, well you're ugly anyway" when they're rejected by a girl
>>
What's your resume look like? Spelling errors? Which template did you use? Having a resume that stands out is a way to make sure yours gets noticed.
>>
>>18194278
Have you tried something like warehouse work? I got lucky since there's a few Amazon Fulfillment Centers near me and they basically take anyone for the holiday season. Terrible job, terrible hours, great pay, good experience.
>>
>>18194560
>implying I didn't get a different job 4 days later.
>>
Write cover letters for each job you apply to. What does your resume look like OP?

I got my first job by going in to a restaurant and talking to the manager.

I am a huge piece of shit and i quit all of my jobs after a couple weeks/months, but I can literally get a job the same week if i try hard enough.
>>
>>18194599
>>18194592
What am I supposed to put on my resume if I've never held anything remotely similar to a job and have no references?
>>
>>18194605
You dont need to put references on your resume.

Say that you worked for your parents doing yard maintenance or some shit. Or say you'd mow lawns in the summer.

The fact that you have no work exp makes it even more important that you contact these employers. Just tell them you're very motivated and eager to start working.
>>
Question for the anons in this thread.

What do you say and such when you do contact employers? I've called each place I've applied to but have yet to get a job, and unlike OP, I have work experienced
>>
>>18194610
Walk into any random place and talk to the owners. Tell them you have never had a job and are willing to work for free in exchange for experience and referals. Work there for a couple weeks. You now have something to put on your resume and a reference to get a real job.

I know a couple people that have done this.
>>
>>18194615
Can't I just make up some BS for a wagecuck job? Or even just leave it blank? I don't think they care a whole lot about checking.
>>
>>18194626
dude i lie on my resume and all of my applications.

I tell them that I already have my degree and everything. They rarely check in my experience and if they do then fuck em, go apply somewhere else
>>
>>18194278
You're retarded
>>
>>18194278
Everybody and his sister applies to McDonalds online. They must have an entire staff just sifting through the emails.

Get yourself to whatever passes for "downtown" in your city and walk into literally every store and every office asking for a job until someone says yes.
>>
>>18194370
This. You would most likely have a job right now if you shot out a polished resume and customized cover letter to 50 places instead of just some shitty copy and paste email to 250 places.
>>
>>18194858

>customized cover letter for minimum wage, unqualified dead end slave work

Lmao
There is literally no way to write such a thing without spewing a bunch of bullshit nobody alive will ever take seriously.

He should just do phonecalls and show himself to the managers, not spend effort into writing something nobody will take seriously
>>
Claim injun, spic, or kike ancestry. Say it was on your grandmother's side. Rehearse your story until you believe it yourself.
>>
>>18194278
Mmmm good old idiot filters working beautifully it looks like
>>
Time for some volunteer work boi
>Low wage positions
Why would they give the job to you?
You have no work experience and they have to pay you more than the normal kid so volunteer and do work experience
>>
>>18194278
>I have no connections through family, friends or any other kind of relationship

were you a virgin birth whose mom died in childbirth? are you currently living on the street?
>>
>>18195711
>Family
No, though we're poor. No family ties to anything, really.

>Friends
None of them have come through after I've asked.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.