[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gf is boring but I love her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: 91m3GrPwzWL._SL1500_.jpg (374KB, 1500x1109px) Image search: [Google]
91m3GrPwzWL._SL1500_.jpg
374KB, 1500x1109px
Hey /adv/, this sounds like a teenage problem, but it's rather serious.

I'm 19 and currently traveling the world on my own. I'm about to return in June and am planning to move together with my gf of 18 years (that I'm together with for 4 years now) two weeks after return.

But there's one problem: i don't know if our concepts for life are compatible. I've been living in a big city for a long time and would consider myself to be a "townsman" (Is that a word you use nowadays? never mind), whilst she never ever moved in her life and stayed in her town of 15k people her whole life.

Furthermore I don't want to go to uni already. I don't want to go the way everybody goes, the way the system dictates you to do. I'd rather go to a Syrian refugee camp and help out there or take a part-time-job to go raving all weekend, but her plan is to finish uni ASAP. In my opinion she's wasting her youth. We're young now and won't really be "young and wild and free" when we're 25/26 and graduate from uni. She says we can still do cool things later, but I know that at this age there won't be many things in her mind but getting a job, a long time rent and maybe even pregnant.

What do I do? I really love her but she's boring.
>>
File: op.jpg (460KB, 978x978px) Image search: [Google]
op.jpg
460KB, 978x978px
My advice and comment I'd impart to you is that you sound like a pretentious faggot and should break up with your boring girlfriend so you can save the world for us. Lmao syrian refugees, next you'll be talking about ending world hunger or some shit lmao. Also pic related is what you look like to other people.
>>
>>18194424
This
>>
Jesus Christ, you're trying to make her sound like the worse one here, but SHE'S the one who actually knows what she wants to do. Being sensible and responsible isn't boring.
>>
>>18194143
Let her be who she wants to be, and do what you feel like doing. If it drives you apart, you were never meant to be together to begin with. You're too young to let your relationship influence your future majorly.

You can't ask her to be a person she doesn't want to be, not everyone is into being "young and wild and free". If you don't want to live a certain type of life, then just don't and do whatever you prefer.
>>
>>18194424
>>18194438
seconded on both

19 -> 26

Is this just crappy bait or do you really think uni takes 7 years?
>>
>>18194424
>>18194438
>>18194439
Wow you guys are even more boring as my gf. What did you do when young? Is your goal to work 50 years or is your goal to have a good life? I will work my entire life and yes, I even know what I want to do later, but NOT NOW. That's it. Sorry not sorry if you're offended by people that don't go the depressing way of boredom just from the beginning.

>>18194451
It does. 4 years of bachelor, one year off, 2 or 3 years of master. Plus I'm 20 when uni begins.

>>18194450
Thanks. Yeah the problem is that she's really depends on me emotionally and I feel like she'd be a mess for a long time if I leave her. Plus I don't even want to leave her as we get along well together in everyday life.
>>
>>18194468
You and your girlfriend are not compatible. Simple as that. Break up with her so she can date someone normal and not-retarded while you're off raving all weekend and flipping burgers during the week.
>>
>>18194143
Most relationships at that age don't last since you change a lot and learn more about yourself and the world. If she already seems boring and the way you want to live life isn't compatible with hers ... just break up.

You will probably find a better partner during your adventures or even in uni.

>her plan is to finish uni ASAP. In my opinion she's wasting her youth
Assuming she isn't retarded, there is a lot time to enjoy her youth while being in university. Besides, life is a lot easier once you have a decent degree. Youth doesn't end in your early 20s.

>>18194451
>do you really think uni takes 7 years?
It can if you do masters.
>>
>>18194468
You don't need to break up with her.
My boyfriend always wanted to study abroad, I have responsibilities here and cannot leave. He went, I stayed.
I really love hiking, I wanted to walk from one side of the alps to the other. He hates hiking. I went, he stayed.
He really likes partying, I detest crowds. He goes, I stay at home and read a book.
We share other things. We love each other, we spend most of our time together, we have tons of common interests, we talk all the time, he's the best person I've ever met. But we're different people, into different stuff, with different passions and hobbies. And it's fine.
>>
>>18194468
OP take a long ass look in the mirror. You're a faggot with terminal brain aids. You need to pull your head out of your ass and realize this. To top it all off you're only 19 and thinking you know better than everyone. By all means go see the world on your parents' money. Save the poor children from niggerland and the Belgian Congo. Just leave us boring types to live our lives with direction and purpose.
>>18194484
Just letting you know those never work out in the long run.
>>
>>18194508
>Just letting you know those never work out in the long run.
We've been together for 10 years, going to get married next Spring.
>>
>>18194508
What are you even so butthurt about?
>>
>>18194515
Yeah long run, like +20 years. Not saying it's impossible, but it's settling for less. I've always seen, and felt, that relationships need to have that healthy pull. Might just be personal, but all the old couples I know that have lived like this aren't really all that close and it seems like they'd both be happier with other people but are also deathly afraid of being alone, especially once you're over 40.
>>18194516
Nothin, you're just kinda full of yourself and won't take the advice in this thread. You got 3 people telling you to stop being a faggot, but for some reason you got all defensive about it. Also
>19
>>
>>18194482
>You will probably find a better partner
But I'm not sure about that. She's like made for me, except her thoughts about finishing uni and getting a job asap. We do more or less everything together, like the same music, philosophies, whatever. It's just that one big thing that I want to take advantage of our youth until it's "too late".

>>18194484
Thanks for this. Maybe this will be possible and we should try to be more individual? I just think I'll never meet someone like her again. It would just be difficult and awkward when she's working already and I'm just halfway through uni, you know? I don't want to drag behind but I don't want to give up my youth so quickly.

>>18194508
I shouldn't reply to you racist asshole, but as I said: I pretty much know my future direction and purpose, so don't come up with shit. I don't think that I'm better than anyone neither.

>>18194522
(>>18194516 wasn't me) but I came here to get /adv/ice and not to be insulted or converted to another way of living.
>>
>>18194143
OP if you're talking like this then you might as well just break up. What's boring about finishing uni asap? Sounds like a sound plan to me. You want to work some part time job and go raving on the weekends or go help some little foreign niglets? Go right ahead. That all sounds rather boring to me. She has a plan for her future, and you have one for your future. If you don't think you can live with her having different plans, then either compromise somehow or break up.

>>18194468
>hur people that disagree with me are boring
>I just want to party when I'm young
>Im 19 and clearly know what I'm doing
What does it even matter what we did when we were younger? You came here looking for advice and you're trying to shout down those that aren't telling you what you want to hear.
>>
>>18194543
So let me get this straight. You don't think you'll find someone better, but the idea that she's "wasting" her youth bothers you so much that you're considering breaking up? Are you just scared of being alone then?

Maybe you should break up so she can find someone better
>>
>>18194545
>What does it even matter what we did when we were younger?
To me it does mean a lot, as it provides a good time of indisputability before being dragged into responsibilities and obligations.

>hur people that disagree with me are boring
Yeah sorry for that, didn't want to be that harsh, but fuck people that insult for no reason. Sorry for not knowing /adv/ is now /pol/.

>>18194552
Are you just scared of being alone then?
I don't really think so. It's more like giving away the jackpot for some "short time fun". And as I said, it would be much harder for her to recover from a breakup, she's quite fragile.
>>
>>18194143
I think you're trying to describe what women are like
>>
>>18194143
Give yourself more time before you move in with her.
>>
>>18194143
Honestly college is a great experience to do when your young. If she took a break after before getting a serious job then I could understand your point.
>>
>>18194522
You're making a whole lot of assumptions.

I am 25, he's 27. We've been together since high school.
Your early 20s are an age where you form yourself as an individual. We agreed to put personal growth first and our relationship 2nd till we were satisfied with ourselves .
We always said "we're making some sacrifices now so we don't end up resenting each other later". We didn't want to give up on our dreams and our passions in order to be together, just to end up old and full of hatred because we blamed each other for our personal failures.
I decided to not stop him from pursuing his dreams and his passions, and to not ask him to become the person I wanted him to be. He did the same. We respected each other, supported each other to do everything we wanted even if it might drive us apart.
We're very happy with our choice because, even if it was a bit hard at times, I don't feel like we have anything to regret about our youth and now that we're ready to settle down, we are very happy with ourselves as individuals other than with each other as a couple.

We share tons of interests and hobbies, we're each other's best friend, we travelled the world together, we did a lot of fun stuff together, we can talk for 10 hours without any issue. We're a great fit intellectually, on a personality level and physically too.
We're much closer than most couples I've ever met.
I've never felt like I am settling, not even for a minute.
>>
File: 1485529245674.jpg (33KB, 552x828px) Image search: [Google]
1485529245674.jpg
33KB, 552x828px
>>18194143
>I'd rather go to a Syrian refugee camp and help out there or take a part-time-job to go raving all weekend
>>
>>18194557
You both have no idea what you want in life yet. Life hits hard. Every year you are going to learn more. Traveling is only one part of it and it is the romantic part. Stop pretending you know everything and listen. Imo she should leave you so she can have her freedom in uni. There are so many people out there and you can actually love all of them. Your brain just is clinging on to her because of reproductive reasons
>>
>>18194143
You sound like the fuckin' dude that takes acid once and thinks its the craziest thing since sliced bread and that society dictates what you do. Guess what you're fucking wrong. You know how I know, because I was that type of dude and I know from personal experience that the whole tripper stoner life is all bullshit, it's a facade pulled over your eyes just another added layer of ego. You think you're better than everyone else because you want to go out to a Syrian refugee camp or you want to take a part time job and just rave on weekends when half the time you're doing these things not because you think their fun or beneficial to your self-worth but because you just want to be seen and talked about as that guy that is above everyone else because he didn't let society dictate what he wanted to do in life when in all essence you are letting it dictate you because you just don't want to be like everyone else and everyone else is part of this society. One day you'll wake up to this bullshit and realise you are well fucking wrong about everything, just another 19 year old that smokes too much weed, takes a few psychedelics and thinks they know everything about anything
>>
>>18194557
Jokes on you, I'm still young. I'm only 21. I drink and party occasionally and go to college. Currently looking for a job. Am I a boring person? I don't think so, I'm quite content with my life, and besides the usual stress at the end of a semester, I'm quite happy with where I am.
>>
>>18194562
Well I think there are a lot of women that are different, but at the end of the day I'd still prefer my gf...

>>18194563
Well the thing is I couldn't afford to rent a flat myself and my mum and her boyfriend already moved together, so no room for me left at home. Maybe moving together is the way to find out if we are made for each other.

>>18194566
>If she took a break after before getting a serious job
Yeah that's the thing: she most likely won't.

>>18194570
This is great.
>I've never felt like I am settling, not even for a minute.
Also this.

>>18194574
>You both have no idea what you want in life yet. Life hits hard.
That's what I fear and that's why I don't want "the serious life" to come already. I'm not ready for this nor do I feel like I have achieved enough before going to uni.

>>18194575
>tripper stoner life
is not what I want and drugs are not a big part of my life.
>you just want to be seen and talked about as that guy that is above everyone else because he didn't let society dictate what he wanted to do in life when in all essence you are letting it dictate you because you just don't want to be like everyone else and everyone else is part of this society.
This is a nice consideration, but you don't know me. I don't want to be seen and talked about, I'm rather not in the focus of people at all.
And if this -
>One day you'll wake up to this bullshit and realise you are well fucking wrong about
- is true, than it's true and you might be right with that, but until than I refuse to go a way that - at the moment - I don't want to go.

>>18194577
Yeah sounds good desu. And as some anon said before, the idea of a boring life is quite subjective and depending on different things. Let me make this clear: for me it would be rather boring, for others it might not be boring.
>>
>>18194143
I knew some guys from the uni who went to syrian refugee camps. I go to uni and went raving on weekends. It's not like those things are exclusive. Also I'm pretty sure that the plan you have sounds like the bigger waste of youth.
>>
File: die.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>18194143
>won't really be "young and wild and free" when we're 25/26 and graduate from uni
>thinking life is over once you're 25

>What do I do? I really love her but she's boring
>measuring the spontaneity and bubbliness of a character by some shitty surface activities every idiot can do

Nigger, you don't deserve her, at all. If she isn't smart enough, then you should take the initiative and break up. Good luck with your Syrian STDs.

I swear to god, teenagers and their mental diseases in form of some idiotic ideas ...
>>
>I'd rather go to a Syrian refugee camp and help out there

help yourself to the top of the nearest tall building and jump off of it
pretentous fag

pull the dildo out of your ass and do something useful with yourself, getting an education takes a few years, you will be still young and wild when you finish
>>
>>18194143
Leave her. You are bored of her so you won't put your 100% into it. She will notice and you will feel betrayed when she eventually leaves you. Rather than being the dumpee, be the dumper. You're already not into it, what are you doing?
>>
>>18194143
After reading this whole thread. You sound like a fuckboy. Going to college doesnt make you boring. Getting a job doesn't make you boring. Being boring makes you boring. I joined the navy, the most structured job in the world, and I lived in Spain and went to raves all around europe. Play is play and work is work.

I feel bad for your gf. She fell for the partyboy meme and got roasted. Now she will develop trust issues and self esteem issues when you dump/cheat on her because you are only with her because its easy.
>>
File: 1420692810327.png (211KB, 365x376px) Image search: [Google]
1420692810327.png
211KB, 365x376px
>>18194143
>I'd rather go to a Syrian refugee camp and help out there or take a part-time-job to go raving all weekend
How the fuck are you 19? I'd expect this shit to come out of a 15yo HS kid
>>
>>18194143
Your a loser trying to make up for being one. Doing random stuff because you have no idea what the fuck you wanna do with your life dosent make you fun. Your just procrastinating so you don't have to take on actual responsibility .
>>
Wow op, you think 25-26 is past it? LMFAO

>t. 31 year old who worked, studied and travelled his twenties away
>>
>>18194468
Start uni at 20, 4 years plus 1 year off plus 2 or 3 years for masters. That makes you 27 or 28 not 26. Better add a couple years for remedial math courses.
>>
>>18194143
The end game of this situation is she's going to be established in a few years and you'll be playing catch up. If she hasn't cheated on you/left you already, she'll come to resent you because she feels she has to pull more weight to live with you. I'm not criticizing the way you want to live, but you may want to just cut her loose at this point and find someone with more compatible goals. I can't see this ending well for you.
>>
>>18194143

stay with her, anon

I have the opposite problem. I'm the boring one and I know I'm wasting my gf's time, but I love her and I don't want to stop seeing her. I'm being selfish.
>>
File: 1487481235317.jpg (143KB, 600x877px) Image search: [Google]
1487481235317.jpg
143KB, 600x877px
ITT: degeneracy
>>
i understand the city thing, i wouldn't wanna live in a small town and sit in suburban pubs and watch tv at home but your idea of fun is just as lame.
>>
>>18194143
>traveling the world on parents money
>no education
>no job
>city person
>those poor refugees
>>
>>18194570
>been together since high school
yeah those don't work, sweetie
>>
>>18196659
Dude, like, I'm a really soulful person, okay, man?

I just want more out of life, than, like, the 9-5, like, you know? Like, my parents are rich, but that like, doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>18194143
Reading your posts, you sound like an idiot with an early mid-20's crisis that doesn't have any idea of what they want. Your life doesn't end when you're 25, dumbass. Having life plans, working hard to realize your dreams and wanting stability isn't boring. It's called growing up and not being afraid of taking responsibilities. I feel sorry for your girlfriend, because she's stuck with some loser terrified of growing up and having responsibilities, like all adults do.

Go, break up with her and find a woman who's just as lost as you are. She's better off without someone like you trying to drag her down anyways.
>>
>>18194570
>We've been together since high school.
Dear, if you were so sure about this relationship of yours, you wouldn't have the need to make a whole paragraph justifying it.
>>
>>18194143
>OP breaks up with his gf and decides to follow his dreams
>spends years slumming in a shitty studio apartment in a bad part of the city because its all he can afford flipping burgers
>fucks a bunch of skanks he meets at raves and gets herpes
>falls in with some trashy people and starts doing harder drugs
>keeps telling himself he'll go to syria one day and help the kids but never does
>half heartedly takes some uni classes and has to take remedial classes because he forgot half his shit
>drops out
>Meanwhile his "boring" gf is making a decent salary and is engaged to "boring" guy who makes her happy.

Lmao
>>
>>18197085
Hahaha this. OP is gonna end up a robot wondering why his master plan never worked.
>>
>>18196960
I didn't justify it. I just explained our choices because it was relevant to the topic.

>>18196660
Yeah, I'm sure.
Literally every couple in my family met before they turned 20 and we never had a divorce in my family.
>>
>>18196668

It means everything
Part of her probably already resents you for the fact that you were probably granted opportunities the rest of us will never have access to.
As someone that has dated the rich boy without goals let me tell you how this ends.
You put off school and decide to have fun.
She will likely go along with it to try to please you and all it leads to is massive procrastination. Sure it's "fun" to not be doing boring tests on weekend.

What's not fun is realizing you're turning 30 working a shit job while your peers are graduating and living comfortably in their starter careers.
Realizing that you have to be that "older kid" at school and by then, if your parents are like typical rich parents, they've already decided not to bother investing in your education because you're a loser.
Try going to uni on part time wage, it's not going to happen.

You want to help refugees or some shit then make your career in the military. At least then you can still provide for a future instead of making her want to kill you in ten years.
It doesn't make her boring to want more in life. People from small towns have seen how poor the quality of life can be for those without any formal education.

Small towns are filled with goal-less addicts that live off the state and shit kids every few years to be able to qualify for state programs. They will likely die there because even if they have a fulltime job they live paycheck to paycheck and their jobs don't give vacation time.
Having peterpan syndrome gets old too. If you're set on this then just let her go so you don't weigh her down.
>>
>>18198079

did you seriously not realize that post was being sarcastic
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.