[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Avoiding Temptation on a Diet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 16149043.png (197KB, 500x305px) Image search: [Google]
16149043.png
197KB, 500x305px
I've been trying to loose weight. I can handle plenty of exercise, and making healthier meals and smaller portions, but when it comes to actually avoiding shit food I crumble. At the end of the day I almost always cave and think "one chip won't hurt." and then one turns to two and two turns to twenty, so on and so forth.

The one thing keeping me from no longer being the fatass I am is this lack of willpower, and unfortunately, getting rid of all this junk food isn't really an option for me while I'm still living with three roommates. Is there any kind of mental exercise or anything to give myself any semblance of willpower with this shit?
>>
>>18193814
>crave chips
>take out packet of chips
>open packet of chips
>place three or four chips on a small plate for yourself
>replace the packet of chips in the cupboard
>take your plate of chips to another room and eat them
>don't go back for more
>don't keep the open packet next to you where you can just reach in and eat mindlessly
>>
>>18193814
Force yourself to do twenty jumping jacks or w/e every time you eat a chip.
>>18193821
Also second this.
>>
File: 1487311235841.jpg (25KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487311235841.jpg
25KB, 700x400px
Yo, see this pic? this is your reminder of what you will become avoiding shit food, it has worked me wonders for me. Just remember this pic. Everytime the temptation comes, look at this picture.
>>
>>18193814
Just wanted to check in to make sure you're weighing food and counting calories.

I've seen a lot of people try to lose weight by eating "smaller portions," and while they do so, their caloric intake is way too high for them to lose. Then they don't lose weight and feel bad because they worked hard for nothing.

You can eat your chips and "shit food," just in controlled portions, y'know?

Good luck with your weight loss, anon. And it's always helpful to drink water before you decide to snack on something-- maybe you weren't hungry, just thirsty.
>>
>>18194588

This is bad advice with someone with OP's problem. He's basically addicted to the sugars and processed shit in the "shit food," and having just a couple is going to lead to him getting depressed/craving more and chowing down on the whole bag.

OP, you need to develop the mindset that one WILL hurt. No chips, no snacks, nothing. When you're hungry, starving even, and your stomach hurts, just don't pick up the bag. Don't open the bag. Don't touch the bag.

No one is forcing you to eat bad. Remember, you're the master of your own destiny here. You can control your arms, you can control your mouth. When the hunger seems like it's unbearable, remind yourself that people out there are going MUCH hungrier than you, and living day to day.

Your stomach and body will adjust to putting the right things in it over time, and your cravings will start to fade.
>>
>>18194621
True. I've also binged one too many times so I know it's not as easy as "just eat one portion!"

>>18194588
I retract what I said OP. I also think you should stop eating that kind of food. After a while, your cravings will vanish, just like the other anon said. Drink lots of water!
>>
i'm struggling with this myself. but what helps me is actually a shift of my mindset. instead of trying to ignore the craving i acknowledge it but then make a conscious decision to not give in. if i try to ignore it it bubbles up again and again, sapping all my willpower because i have to decide everytime that i WON'T give in and then that last time is too much and i give in. if i acknowledge it, i can think "yeah, i know they are delicious but i had enough dinner already" or "sure, one chips won't ruin my whole effort but i know i don't have unlimited discipline so i don't even tempt myself wirh letting my mouth taste it" and then be done with it. it actually works and the cracing goes away way faster. the only problem is that i sometimes forget this trick. fml
>>
You need to somehow not be in an hungry state. Usually it pass through eating more fiber,stuff that take place in your stomach, eat slowly and water.

When you're hungry, your brain will do anything possible to make you eat something. That's basic mechanical defense Vs starvation.
Now when your fat, you have a bigger stomach and calorie intake than most people, this means that you're most likely to be hungry and so, to eat. You calorie loss should not be too high, otherwise you'll just rely on willpower to not go full rampage in your fridge. And most people don't have that kind of willpower.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.