[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tattoo to Hide Scars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Has anyone here ever gotten a tattoo over a scar? Does it hide the scar well?
I'm interested in getting a tattoo, mainly to cover up some scars on my arm. I self-harmed one single time while drunk a few years ago like a retard. I regret it immensely, and I'm so self-conscious that I haven't worn short sleeves since then. The scars are completely flat, but are very white and stand out because of it.

I've been doing a lot of research on my own and some results seem promising, but photos can only reveal so much compared to seeing in person, which is why I'd like to hear of any personal experiences.

also
>inb4 DEGENERATE
>>
>>18193735
That's a different person you fucking retard. This is some faux ass tumblr bullshit. The only thing I can imagine a tattoo would do to a scar is make it more noticable and gross. The tattoo would also come out horrible
>>
>>18193761
I think this.

I don't know much about tattoos, but I've seen tattoo coverup shows and they always bitch about the original tattoo having scarring, cuz it's hard to put new color into the scar, and it's hard to do anything with the scar without just aggravating the scar and making it look worse.

But then idk, I've also seen people who got tattoos over their mastectomy scars and those turned out fine
>>
>>18193761
Wow, two different people, really? I've never seen two people with completely identical freckles, fucking retard.
>>
>>18193735
pretty much the only acceptable reaosn for having a tattoo

>Does it hide the scar well?
with your type of scar they definitely should.
also make sure you get it done by a good,reputable artist. Keep in mind they are very pricey

>>18193761
retard, you dont know anything fuck off
>>
>>18193771
tattoo shows are fucking scams and you should never fucking trust them about anything. if anything the contestants keep lying about how hard everything is so the viewers think they're "overcoming hurdles" and vote for them.

If your scars are flat your tatto will cover them up 100%, especially if they're white. go ahead anon.
if you really need examples go on tumblr, /search/self+harm+tattoo and see pics of the style of tattoo you want to get on the type of scars you have
>>
>>18193735
Providing they're not raised or dipped it should cover pretty well, you may need the tattoo touching up in a couple of years and I'd avoid "difficult" colours like blue and red.

Make sure you find a good artist with clean lines in their work.
>>
>>18193735
If the scars are flat just exfoliate them off, dumbass. If you regret something like a single case of self harm that left you with flat scars you'll probably regret the tattoo after a while.
>>
>>18193920
Scar tissue doesn't work like that, dumbass. The scar tissue may be flat on the surface of the skin but still be present in the deeper layers. You can't just exfoliate them away.
>>
>>18193735
I'd show you mine as proof that it is possible but I don't trust this site or the people who frequent it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.