[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inventors/Creators

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).png (31KB, 408x151px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
31KB, 408x151px
How do people invent things? I always want to invent something. What is the process of taking an idea and bringing it to this world?

I am a recent college grad going for higher education but I always wanted to create something (either physical or digital).I was contemplating learning the language of programming just to see how far it would take me. Was thinking of starting with python... how feasible is it to create something for an absolute beginner with python?

Im not going to lie to you anons, Im looking at this invention route as a means of monetary gain as well.
>>
>>18193381

>how do i invent something

is even more vague than asking how to write a book. both require you to have some basis of an idea, if you dont have an idea, you cant invent anything. its not as simple as having an idea though. most advanced inventions didn't get made because someone said 'WOW ID REALLY LIKE A MACHINE THAT LETS ME TLAK TO PEOPLE FROM FAR AWAY'.

instead they studied a particular field and while working in that field they learned about certain things and pushed their limits and combined them with other things to create something new.

because we are already so advanced that means most inventions that can be thought of, have been thought of. there's a reason we don't really try to improve on the mop or the sponge. this leaves only two options for someone who wants to invent

>extreme science
>extreme leisure

extreme science because most of hte inventions that came about due to the baseline of electrical technology have already been done. the next real inventions are going to be more extreme.

extreme leisure because, well, thats where python or any coding language comes in. you're really just finding new ways to organize information when you're using coding. software / apps that are designed to make your life more leisurely/ easy or even just to make it more fun. Tinder for instance.

so unless you can think of a great idea that python or another coding language can be used for, you're SOL.

>how feasible is it to create something for an absolute beginner iwth bython?

to create something, easy. to invent something? no so feasible.

>im looking at this for money

well you're fucked because most inventors don't get that much money or get to own their own work.

hell even great minds like steve jobs had their owrk stolen and used against them for decades before they were able to come out of that.

most great minds need someone to pay them to study before they can actually invent something, and as a result, lose the rights.
>>
>>18193407
thanks for the honestly i really appreciate it anon. So im guessing im leaning towards leisure. It would be cool to create something everyone can enjoy. I know it seems like its my ego but I want to be that guy who made "x". I feel like I would gain satisfaction out of life if I made something even if it doesn't stand the test of time.
>>
>>18193429

unfortunately thats barely more specific than saying 'i just want to be famous' or 'i want to change the world'. its a big problem our generation has.

they all want to be special, but none of them know how they want ot be special, and beyond that, when they choose to do something its never out of passion or anything of that sort, its just them thinking they will be special if they do it.

imagine a kid in school specifically doing something because he thinks it will make him look cool. does that ever work out?

and the fact that you're trying to reduce it to the basics is kind of proof of that. insisting that you will only use the very basics of python shows you aren't really dedicated or wanting to put in any real work. you just want to be special asap.
>>
>>18193442
>they all want to be special, but none of them know how they want ot be special, and beyond that, when they choose to do something its never out of passion or anything of that sort, its just them thinking they will be special if they do it.
>imagine a kid in school specifically doing something because he thinks it will make him look cool. does that ever work out?
>and the fact that you're trying to reduce it to the basics is kind of proof of that. insisting that you will only use the very basics of python shows you aren't really dedicated or wanting to put in any real work. you just want to be special asap.

Your right anon. I think I just havent found what I am good at and what I naturally enjoy where I would take it to the next level. How do I get out of this way of thinking of wanting to be that guy, and dropping that ego.
>>
>>18193381
Make something up
>>
>>18193483

usually people just do what they want and they stick wiht it regardless of what people say about their work.

the truth is the kind of fame you're aksing for is unbelievably rare.

I'd love to be famous for my work. I do pretty good work. but even after a decade of side stepping haters, I'm still probably never gonna be good enough to have any real fame or notoriety.

so just do what you want to do and whats fun, regardless of how it comes out or how people say it comes out.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.