[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having a mental breakdown, what should I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

Having a mental breakdown, what should I do?
>>
>>18193178
Real mental breakdown is when you cant even type properly on 4chan. To get nice advice you have to type reasonably long post about your problems.

Try eating something sweet. That can help.
>>
>>18193235
I guess it's more like spasms of madness, lots of involuntary actions and inappropriate impulses like random laughter, tooth grinding, nail biting, bitterness and punching the shit out of my legs. Lots of self-hatred, destructive thoughts that cone and go and a big uneasy feeling in my chest and gut as I think about what troubles me. Not full on breakdown but I don't know what to call it.
>>
If you can, find a mental health facility near you and check yourself in. I was considering it a couple months ago and I was not experiencing the same severity of symptoms as you described. Go get some help/rest. It's all confidential.
>>
You need to breathe, and disassociate the world.
>>
paint pictures of cats
>>
>>18193319
Been through something like that. It sucks. Try to get in an environment that's very low stress for awhile, a mental institution if that's what it takes.
>>
>>18193319
Do you ever experience paranoid or delusional thinking?
>>
>>18193355
I want to say no but I've been saying to myself that people made me like this on purpose but that comes and goes as well.
>>
>>18193351
>>18193334
I don't want my mom to know I have these problems and I'm scared of those places.
>>
>>18193342
How? I can't sleep it's so bad.
>>
Help me

Please
>>
>>18193178

Breathe deeply. Go for a long walk. Take a bath, have a drink, listen to some relaxing music, then go to sleep and sleep at least 8 hours. It'll be ok OP. Shhhh...no more problems..only dreams now.
>>
>>18193666
Well I don't think if it is the same shit, but I used to punch walls, bite my lips or say shit like "gtfo" "kill me" to reduce anxiety rushes.
I find myself doing less of that shit when I walk outside and just sit with someone I know and bring up something random if it comes to mind. Sometimes the walk alone does the job but it is never really pleasurable for me and I stopped doing that.
It is the best I have got to tell you.
>>
I've had my mental breakdown a good number of years ago
I think everyone goes through one at least once

It was during my first year of college after I moved a few thousand miles to a new city.
Things were ok for a while but it just got worse and worse

There was this one class (Org Chem) I ended up crying in the auditorium.

I stopped going to classes more and more and eventually I stopped all together

The end result was hiding in my tiny rented room (not even an apartment) and barely surviving for a few months
Lost so much weight.
Didn't sleep but a few hours each night.

I got out of it by doing a few little things each day.
Like walking in park while reading a book
That really helped me
Eventually I got my shit together enough to go home
I lived with my parents for a while and then got back to a different university
I'm better now
Starting a new career

They key is one small thing a day
Doesn't matter what. Just has to be something
>>
>>18193178
Can someone describe in detail what a mental breakdown is like? It seems like such a vague concept.
>>
>>18193674
The deep breathing is helping somehow, I will try to rest. Thank you, I hope things will be okay.

>>18193680
This is very similar to what I do, I really relate to it.I'll try walking and talking to someone in the morning. Thank you.
>>
>>18193715
How do you feel about the Cambodian Football League?
Nothing? Kinda offended that I'd even suggest that you should care?
Instead replace that with your life.
And also be conflicted with the idea that you REALLY care about the Cambodian Football League.
>>
>>18193701
Very good post, thanks, if I can get past this then I need to try doing small things more.
>>
>>18193726
Isn't that depression? I mean depression is shit too but I didn't think they were the same thing necessarily.
>>
>>18193751
I guess I was describing depression.
I can't say I know the difference
My own experience was disastrous enough that I call it a "mental breakdown" in my own life's narrative
But maybe it's something more in other people's lives
>>
>>18193680
>>18193717
Is there a name to this shit so I can hate it?
>>
>>18193940
Misery
>>
>>18193178
You don't have one since you're here on 4chan so get fucked normie
>>
>>18194716
Like I said, I don't know what else to call it, it's like carrying an enormous load on your shoulders while being whipped but still having the ability to walk and choose your direction. Only that I've been falling down while doing so at random. Just taking a shower and having nothing to think about but what's on my mind made me howl out of nowhere like a fucking idiot and even while talking to my dad I struggled to keep composure.

I'm feeling better after sleeping but it wasn't enough.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.