[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend trouble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170311_173736.jpg (2MB, 3280x1840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170311_173736.jpg
2MB, 3280x1840px
>Been with Girlfriend for over a year, now in an advanced stage of a relationship. She wants to get married in the near future.
>Nice, quiet very interesting girl and pretty face. I fell in love with her and we hit it off quickly.
>When we first went out as a couple she would binge drink.
>Personality changes under the influence
>At an event where everyone is in their suit and tie but she's getting so plastered she's drinking out the wine bottle and stumbling around later.
>Drinks so heavily she can't remember she's showing me up the night before
>She's already apologised and offered to change.
>I feel bad because I feel like some 1950s Dad telling her off.
>She stumbles home through one of the biggest cities in the world last night after a work social
>Already told her about this
>I feel a sense of anger and resentment when I'm not around her, which dissipates when I am around her so it never gets addressed.
I don't know what to do.
>>
Obviously I need to address it again, but I just want to hear some opinions really.

Sorry it's the middle of the night over here.
>>
Whatever you do, make sure you do it soon. I let my family and friends fall into alcoholism, once it sticks it is a lifelong battle against compulsion.
>>
>>18193206
Right, thanks. Hope the people around you change.
>>
>>18193176
she said she would change. if she doesn't give her the ultimatum, change this behavior or i'm leaving.
>>
>>18193176
There is nothing to change? She just cant handle the alcohol obviously, so make her to never drink alcohol again.

Explain to her what alcoholism is and tell her if she has hidden insecurities which she is trying to cure by alcohol can be cured by sharing with partner: you.

Maybe sje is just scared about something. Maybe even about you.
>>
Dating a year and wants to get married soon? What is she 15 or just dumb?
>>
>>18193176

talk to her about it even when it 'dissipates'. you care enough to make a fucking thread you can care enough to address it in person, you are intentionally making things harder for your self here by imposing imaginary limitations.

>feeling mad cuz she hasn't changed.

change takes times. sometimes a lot of time. sometimes a lifetime. when someones addicted to something they are never not addicted to it, they are just suppressing the urge for whatever amount of time. its something she would clearly not know how to tackle on her own and would clearly need a push or two to get going. not that you cant be upset, but if you really expect her to change you do need to actually talk about how that will be done, not just address the issue itself and hope that it just stops.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.