[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keep busy, stay productive while unemployed and not doing anything fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1346989281122.jpg (85KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
1346989281122.jpg
85KB, 475x356px
I'm currently temporarily unemployed of my own choosing, cutting out booze entirely (I abuse alcohol), focusing on eating healthy/working out, and on nofap.

But since like, all vices in my life are cut out at the moment, I'm bored as fuck. I've been doing some productive stuff like cleaning the house and shoring up some paperwork and other stuff I've needed to do, but video games and TV are pretty much all I have outside of working out since I can't go do fun things with my friends.

What do I do to keep entertained, and preferably, how do I use my time to be productive in this time?

I have a very solid amount of money in the bank, so I'm not panicking about that.
>>
>>18193116
>since I can't go do fun things with my friends.

Why not?
>>
>>18193124

Well, I mean fun things like go to the bar, go out to dinner somewhere, that kind of thing. Besides going to a movie, there's not really a lot of other activities that are non-drinking and non-food centric.

I dunno, bars/movies/dinner seem like pretty much all adults really do besides like working out/sports, which is impossible to get people together for, and isn't that fun.

Open to ideas there too.
>>
>>18193116
My advice? Start taking classes for some kind of martial art (something practical, not kung fu or tae kwon do type shit). It'll help with the fitness, it'll be a useful life skill, and it'll be easy to focus in on. When I first signed up for my gym the guy told me, "Welcome to your new addiction," and it's true. It's really, *really* easy to just up and lose 2 hours on a martial arts lesson, and you can drag that out to an easy 4 hours or a hard-working 6 if you want to take extra time to work on your technique. Plus it'll help with your discipline, which will make the workouts and the restraint from booze easier.
>>
>>18193116
Get a gf?
>>
>>18193202

I don't feel like it's fair to be dating someone when they're not getting the "real" me. They'd be getting someone who just sits at home all day and focuses on their health and is super responsible when just recently I was a sick, out-of-shape drunk either consumed by work or partying 24/7.

When I come out of this, I'm going to be somewhere in the middle. Plus right now, I wouldn't want to blow money on dates and stuff.
>>
>>18193124
Bc they are at work
>>
>>18193231
Volunteer somewhere?
>>
>>18193242

I'm in the process of interviewing for new jobs, so I can't commit to a schedule for unpaid volunteering. Need to be available for interviews and such. Not a bad line of thought though, I could do one-offs if something presents itself.
>>
>>18193231
Gf isnt a linear project where you can plan ahead like that. You ussually fails many times before you actually acquire the "right" person.

Also with right gf you will have motivation to be the better version of yoursef for her sake alone. Dont wait until you will be old and all wife material girls will be already engaged.

And with your honest attitude you will be good bf, that is for sure. Dont wait for happiness to come on its own and dont forget you are exchanging your time on this planet for money. And what do you do with money once you buy all toys you wanted?
>>
>>18193259

I feel like you were in another thread I was in yesterday saying the same thing. I dumped my last girlfriend about two years ago and being single has been really wonderful. No one tells me what to do, I have my own freedom, I love that shit.

There's no limited amount of things I can do with my money. Always new places to travel to, within reason. I'll never make enough money to see *everything*. So no rush on meeting someone. I'd rather spend my money on me than someone else.
>>
>>18193283
:-D

See, we are so bored we look for wisdom on /adv/ just on opposite sides of barricades. The only question remains, who has it worse? Me giving shit advices or you looking for ones? You got me OP.

And as i predicted yesterday nobody gave you better (or any) advice than me.

Hang tight op, yet we will meet again :-)
>>
>>18193116
Read. Classic books. Literature. Philosophy. History. Visit stuff in your area. Museums, parks, whatever. My small hometown of 5,000 had a little museum. Was cool to actually see it. Tool around on a guitar or other instrument for an hour a day. Maybe watch a highly recommended or top 100 movie every couple of days.
Main thing I suggest is to build a schedule for yourself to stay busy and stick to it. If not you will fall back into booze or find yourself watching TV surfing the net and fapping all day.
>>
>>18193437
>Read. Classic books. Literature. Philosophy. History
If you want to get along with boring, stuff old white men.
>>
>>18193437

You really motivated me (no joke), thank you
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.