[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Femanon here. How do I grow my hair long?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: [].jpg (124KB, 1080x1118px) Image search: [Google]
[].jpg
124KB, 1080x1118px
Femanon here. How do I grow my hair long?
>>
Don't cut it /thread
>>
>>18192971
Don't cut it, it also helps that it grows by itself.
>>
>>18192972
>>18192974
Ignore these Anons.

The ends still need to be trimmed periodically to encourage growth, especially healthy growth so the lower inch or two isn't a scraggly mess of split ends and just halts it's growth after a point.

Don't wash your hair every day, only every other day or every 2 days. If it gets greasy, use a touch of dry shampoo or baby powder if you have light colored hair. A non-dry scalp makes your hair grow.
>>
>>18192993
>>>/fa/ ?
>>
USE WOODEN BRUSH (EUROTEK LASTS 4 YEARS)
OIL YOUR HAIR (ARGAN OIL, COCONUT OIL, JOJOBA OIL + ESSENTIAL OIL LIKE NEEM/ROSEMARY)
SCALP MASSAGE WHILE OILING HAIR
SULFATE, FRAGRANCE FREE SHAMPOO LIKE CALIA
HAIR RINSE (APPLE CIDER VINRGAR OR ROSEMARY)
NO HEAT
DAMAGE PROOF PROTECTIVE HAIRSTYLES
EAT MINERAL RICH, REAL FOOD
MSM POWDER
SNIP OFF SPLIT ENDS
>>
>>18192994
I typically avoid that board, just know how to grow hair. There was a beard growing tips thread here the other day, this is no different. Also, you'll see below why u dislike that board.
>>18193014
Stop the pseudo science of essential oils when it comes to purely skin based stuff (yes the hair counts as this with keratin). Extreme acids like apple cider vinegar can hurt certain types of hair so be careful.
https://www.futurederm.com/3-reasons-why-baking-soda-and-apple-cider-vinegar-destroy-your-hair-and-what-to-use-instead/
Also shit like "take prenatal vitamins and eat richly!" are bullshit too.
http://www.viviscal.com/prenatal-vitamins
>>
>>18192993
>The ends still need to be trimmed periodically to encourage growth, especially healthy growth so the lower inch or two isn't a scraggly mess of split ends and just halts it's growth after a point.
I don't understand this. Hair grows from the root, why would the ends affect it?
>>
>>18193051
Coconut oil def works though
>>
>>18193051
All the tips were from this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sc-8HadeSE
>>
>>18193055
>I don't understand this. Hair grows from the root, why would the ends affect it?

Not her, not even a female, don't know shit about hair, but hazarding a guess:

Because split ends can quickly become split strands, which if it goes far enough then splits/damages the root, which fucks with growth.
>>
>>18193055
>Hair grows from the root

And? Tell me, what is the difference between cutting the ends of your hair and getting a regular haircut? Is there some anatomy of the hair you are cutting differently? No, dipshit, if you cut your hair it will grow
>>
>>18193125
It's like pruning a plant. The less dead weight you have the better the overall health.
>>
>>18192972
>>18192974
I never cut my hair and it doesn't grow much past my shoulders. Obviously this person has tried that already. Dumbasses
>>
Wow, there's a lot of shit advice itt, but a few people have the right of it.
Hair growth depends on the type of hair, scalp, and skin you have. For example, if you have non-frizzy hair, oily skin and dandruff in your scalp, switch periodically from regular shampoo (preferably something that helps with hair health and growth) and a gentle dandruff shampoo and wash it once a day. Don't forget to use conditioner on the bottom half of your hair, comb it out, and then wash it out.
Also, try not to blow-dry, color, or do anything else that would damage your hair follicles. Keeping your hair damage-free reduces split ends or brittle hair helps expedite hair growth.
Of course, talk to a couple of hair stylists about your hair. Try to avoid using too much product in your hair until you really know what kind of hair type you have and how best to treat it.
>>
>>18193339
>>18193125
>>18192993

Guy here,

Hate getting my hair cut and prefer it short.
Does this mean there are ways to prevent hair growth?
>>
>>18193260
Entire length of the hair is dead weight
>>
>>18192993
>hair grows from root
>"cut it's end to help it grow"

kk
>>
>>18192971

you guys dont realize that hair slows down and more or less stops growing.

most of you have never shaved your ass, yet you don't have one long ass ponytail of hair after a decade or two, do you? notice how it seems to never grow?
>>
>this entire thread

why are women retarded?
>>
>>18193450

>why are women retarded?

Because all of the smart ones avoid you like the plague.
>>
>>18193450
what is your regimen for hair growth?
>>
>>18193461
nothing. literally nothing impacts the rate of your hair growth except malnutrition. women are retarded.

t. guy with a girlfriend who has long-as-fuck blonde hair.
>>
File: 1487795039627.png (108KB, 700x673px) Image search: [Google]
1487795039627.png
108KB, 700x673px
>>18193475
How do you respond to scientists that say hair growth can speed up by taking biotin supplements?
>>
Stop cutting it. Buy a pair of hair shears so that you can lightly trim the ends every other week or so to keep them looking nice. There are plenty of YouTube videos that show you how to do this.
>>
>>18193486
I would respond with 150 years worth of fad-esque "clinically proven" vitamins, supplements and diets that turned out to be garbage
>>
>>18193447
>most of you have never shaved your ass, yet you don't have one long ass ponytail of hair after a decade or two, do you?

Uh, is that not normal?
>>
>>18193499

>i would respond to documented scientific fact by saying that it doesn't exist because fads happened
>despite every other part of the body being able to be enlarged or increased in size by taking vitamins
>>
>>18193516
Yea let me know how those penis enlargement pills works for ya anon
>>
File: IMG_20150204_122957.jpg (219KB, 612x1088px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150204_122957.jpg
219KB, 612x1088px
>>18193520

worked just fine.
>>
>>18193516

Hair isn't a body part, first of all. What vitamins do I need to take to extend the length of my toes? I want hand-feet like monkeys have.
>>
>>18193525

>hair isn't a body part
>its just a part of your body

hmmm.
>>
Spend hundreds of dollars on those candy like pills for hair growth. They've been backed up by celeb wanna be's and instagrammers whose only job is to advertise. Obviously they work. Get yourself some skinny detox tea too. Then while you're already two steps ahead drink some bleach. Makes you have a white angelic glow from within.

Eat your fucking veggies, get a fucking trim now and then, don't fucking dye it mermaid colours and be patient.
>>
>>18193516
Searched about ten different phrases for these "documented scientific facts" you speak of and the most credible sources I found were articles in The Huffington Post and WikiHow, unless you're just pulling this shit out of your ass credit your source, thanks :^)
>>
>>18193535

>i dont believe you so its your job to educate me

no, that was your parents job, but they clearly failed.

you're right anon, literally nothign makes hair grow, in fact if you stopped eating it would have no effect on your hair, its just magic :^)
>>
>>18193531
>don't fucking dye it mermaid colors
kek
>>
>>18193542
No it's your job to provide sources for you "facts"
Did you see it on an episode of Dr Oz or something? You realize he's not a real doctor right?
>>
>>18193542
>state an argument
>someone asks for proof
>ask for proof to disprove you

you're a liberal arts major, aren't you?
>>
>>18193542
Tom Hanks in Castaway had beautiful hair and he didn't take biotin supplements so fuck you
>>
I read that scalp massage helps hair growth but as a boy with hair to his waist my suggestion for long hair is to get dreadlocks
>>
>>18193631
Bump what? Just fucking let it grow. I've let my hair grow for two and a half years without any special sort of fucking conditions like keeping it trimmed or whatever. Male, here.
>>
>>18193638
How often should you shampoo and condition hair?
>>
>>18192971
This might be the stupidest thread I've ever seen on this site. Congratulations.
>>
>>18193646
I don't condition ever. I shower, as in wash my body and hair, whenever I have to. Work, or class. I prefer head and shoulders if that means anything, but I wash with something cheaper if head & shoulders isn't on sale
>>
>>18192971
crush birth control pills into your shampoo
>>
>>18193683
Also eat a specialized diet of tapir innards as they have been clinically proven as a 'hair super food'
>>
File: tapir_lowland_1.jpg (204KB, 1189x793px) Image search: [Google]
tapir_lowland_1.jpg
204KB, 1189x793px
>>18193733
>tappir innards

source?
>>
by having good genetics
>>
>>18193755
You can't argue science pal, I don't have to prove myself to you it's science
>>
>>18193387
Don't risk it.

t. Guy balding at 29
>>
>>18193055
If you have split ends dry ends they will break easily. For example brushing your hair. With split ends you will always lose like 1 cm on some hair. And that happens a lot so growing seems really slow beacuse they always break at the end.
By cutting the ends you will have healthy hair which does not break lile that at all. So it will get longer faster. Not actually grow faster tho.
>>
>>18192971
start when you are 5 years old
>>
>>18193270
how is that even possible? hair gets longer. end of story. unless you have curly hair it grows longer.
just take care of it, oil it, don't use rubber bands to tie it up and avoid breakage as much as possible
>>
>>18195725
He might be retarded, try to be a little nicer
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.