[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Choosing the correct antidepressant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1490978029730.jpg (45KB, 900x620px) Image search: [Google]
1490978029730.jpg
45KB, 900x620px
Looking to start taking some medication for my depression but don't know which one I should take. Apparently there lots of different drugs, each one with its uses.
What do you take? What kind of depression do you have? Anxiety included? Any side effects? How expensive is it monthly for you? What are the results?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
>>
Anti depressents WILL cause more depresion once you quite from chemical imbalances. If you take them. Only do it when you're severly depressed. Out of alcohol detoxification for 60 days and for the first 30 i was severely depressed to the point of contemplating suicide because of chemical imbalances in my brain and body. I would highly recommend looking for healthier solutions then taking somthing thats forcing receptors to pump. Depressents and anti depressents both do the same thing after regular use and you don't want to deal with that shit.
>>
>>18192817

How about as a fucking medical professional? It's literally their job to figure out what meds are best for your problems.
>>
I take Zoloft 200mg (which is a lot) and I didn't really pick it but have had the option to change multiple times. Way I figure, if it works don't change it. Also it is pretty rough to start a new one and I don't want to risk having worse physical effects or suicide. The highest risk of suicide is when starting a new antidepressant. Just talk to your psychiatrist and they will tell you what the latest-greatest is and the risks. They are pretty cheap. I get mine for $12 a month on my insurance.
>>
>>18192837
And what makes you think the "professional" will give me the right drug? Most people have to try out a few different drugs before getting the right one for them. I am just asking for advice and experiences and I am able to. You seem to be really thick! I bet your life is shit, like mine.
>>
It's up to you to communicate how you feel to the doc. If a drug is working, all they can ask is if you are having any negative symptoms and if they seem to be working. Just be honest.
>>
>>18192850
Thank you! These seem to be some important facts. Sadly I don't have access to a psychiatrist because of my personal circumstances (no, i'm not underage).
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.