[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calling all Actorfags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1479741928796m.jpg (103KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1479741928796m.jpg
103KB, 1024x576px
Okay actorfags, i need to know, what are some ways i can train or apply my voice to sound more impressive, i would like to do acting shit
>>
File: 1392268034966.jpg (157KB, 471x700px) Image search: [Google]
1392268034966.jpg
157KB, 471x700px
Networking.

If you don't already have money or connections and you're over the age of 20, give it up.

If you don't live on the west coast of the united states or the equivalent in your country, give it up.

If you really don't have any talent and think you can cover that up with training, give it up.
>>
>>18192324
I live in washington and im 19, my drama teacher is a playwright for the local theatre guild, though i dont him that well just yet

But anyway im not talking about nor expecting big hollywood shit, but itd be neat to eventually be a D lister or voice over artist or commercial theatre actor or something
>>
>>18192362
And my cousin does voice over and acting on the side, hes been in commercials and training videos and some trailers and shit and ive been getting some baseline advice from him

He was in portlandia a couple times as well i think
>>
>>18192362
>>18192376
Good start.

Start talking to those people instead of /adv/.

Other than that, only advice is relentlessly pursue networking and leads you do manage to find, and practice. If you have free time, practice. If you find jobs, apply to them whether you think you have a shot or not.
>>
>>18192387
Aye, i just wanted specifically some techniques to express a line or read or impressively, as its an area i think would be important to tackle, i dont now if any anons here practice or use any unique or interesting methods
>>
>>18192412
It really, really depends to such a large degree on context, genre, medium and personal style that it's really a useless question unless you have something more specific in mind.
>>
>>18192414
Specifically, lines that are despairingly or angrily yelling, and voice control for emotion i suppose, maybe some ways to channel specific emotions too, im not an angry or neurotic person, so it takes a little extra to work myself up
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.