[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help to redecorate my room

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: shitroom1.jpg (144KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
shitroom1.jpg
144KB, 1920x1440px
Sup, /adv/

So, I did a big housework in my room today to notice at the end that the decoration was honestly pretty stark, if not infantile.
I barely changed anything about it since my 17 (I'm 20 now) and I honestly don't feel confortable in it today.

Anyways, I needed some advices about it. What should I do/buy to make it more pleasant?
I guess I'll have to remove the Skyrim map to buy a nice painting and replace my desk by a new, black one. But apart this, what should I do?
All advice is well accepted
>>
File: shitroom2.jpg (297KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
shitroom2.jpg
297KB, 1920x1440px
>>
File: shitroom3.jpg (378KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
shitroom3.jpg
378KB, 1920x1440px
>>
the fedora, heart robe and stuffed animals definitely need to go.
then it depends on what aesthetic you want to go for. can you find a pic of a room you think looks good?

in general, your room has no personality and doesn't feel comfy. you can easily change that but i'd need to know what you think looks nice, first.
>>
Get solid colored/better patterned bed sheets
Get rid of that photo/painting thing with the red car
Move the replacement more centrally over your bed, between the wall and the dresser
Organize/remove the things on top of the dresser
Make the lamp stand straight or aim it at something
Get a cloth/polyester version of that flag
A small carpet and or drapes could add some warmth

I actually like your desk. If you replace it, I wouldn't go for a black one
>>
File: IMG_20170403_1631418.jpg (228KB, 1304x734px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170403_1631418.jpg
228KB, 1304x734px
>>18192101

i have a monochromatic mind, so i just bought furniture that matched the walls, then purchased paintings that I enjoyed.

in your case, the walls are plain so you can do anything, but maybe what you need is to paint them?

when in doubt just google 'cool bedrooms'. you'll see a lot of great stuff, most of which either wont fit or will be too expensive, but you can find a baseline.

the most important thing to pay attention to in those photos are the walls and floors though. if they have a certain color scheme there that you can't match than buying those products will just clash.
>>
>>18192126
I never wear the fedora. It's just a sentimental item. Same goes for the heart robe and stuffed animals.
It's not that ugly, they could definitely pass in a nice bedroom.
Anything nice would be good for me. I like the mix of black/white and classy sobriety
>>
File: cool-bedrooms-for-gentlemen.jpg (94KB, 600x417px) Image search: [Google]
cool-bedrooms-for-gentlemen.jpg
94KB, 600x417px
>>18192143
Okay, nice advices. Will do it.
With what could I replace the painting over my bed?
What's a replacement?

>>18192233
I can't do much about the painting, unfortunately. I don't own the apartment.

The room on pic related seems pretty fine to me, except for the kitschy drape
>>
>>18192101

dude or chick?
>>
>>18192269

the problem with that picture is that it had some desaturation inn post. plus even if it did look like that photo, it'd just feel bleak and not so comfy.

the warmer colors like brown are good, but blue is relaxing as well. with white walls and a refusal to paint you can do a lot it just wont look as stylized. id focus on wall art / decoration.
>>
>>18192272
straight dude.
Actually, thanks. I just noticed I have a pretty gay room.

>>18192277
I would feel comfy in this kind of room. I like the black/white mixing, with shades of grey.
For the decorations, I know I should. But what should I get and where?
Wall art is pretty expensive and I'm broke. I wonder if I can buy some decent stuffs on sites like aliexpress.
>>
>>18192291

>i just noticed

the ONLY reason i thought you were a dude was the fedora desu.
>>
File: 1425050944465.jpg (45KB, 420x377px) Image search: [Google]
1425050944465.jpg
45KB, 420x377px
>>18192299
FUCK. I regulary invite my girlfriend in that room.
Well, guess she likes effeminate boys
>>
>>18192291

>im broke

then stop trying to redecorate your room. go to the dollar store, look at all their decorations and realize that you need to actually spend money if you want it to look good.

>but what should i get and where?

you are being really difficult here man, you are insisting you want it cheap but also want us to choose everything for you, and that doesn't work.

research what you want, and its okay if you can't afford it all at once, but paying just a little bit here and there to slowly make your room and your home better is how it works. most people dont redecorate their whole home, thats just something you hear about on TV, most people just slowly start buying what they want. what you can do is also just make a list of things you find.

try going to wal mart, target, anywhere that has decorations / furnishings and walk up the aisle, take a picture of everything you'd like. see a cool clock? cool. see some of their printed art? cool. a globe? cool.

just take a picture of everything, then a picture of its price tag, then go home and budget to see how much you could spend a month.

start with the little decorations first, as this will at least fill up the room, and then once you got most of those start saving that monthly budget for the bigger items.
>>
Take pictures off your insta and put them up. Print them at the drugstore. Buy picture frames at Oxfam/Goodwill.
>>
>>18192311
I live in Paris. We don't have things such as Wall-Mart, or any big store selling cheap shit.
I'll redecorate my room in a few months then. Thanks for the advice

>>18192335
nice advice
>>
>>18192390

then go store to store, and just keep track of what stores you found em all. you'll likely get different stuff as newer shit comes out but it gives you a baseline
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.