[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I be timeless?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: tomewan3.jpg (2MB, 4791x3189px) Image search: [Google]
tomewan3.jpg
2MB, 4791x3189px
Besides [lastest video game] jokes, I've been curious about what it means to have an elegance and charm and style that is timeless and formless, in realms of grace, manner, presence and knowledge, style and charm.

I want to be a renaissance within in a renaissance, denotes a progression towards a mastery that praises the masculine air and worships feminine sensibilities; Amorphous, and alluring.

But I'm shallow and basic and I have no clue what I'm doing. Give me some suggestions, in style, in education, profession, mannerisms, ideas, approaches and philosophies, or whatever else comes to mind. Even if it's ideas in how to cultivate this organically. I've already considered that I'd be best positioned surrounding myself with people for whom this is part of their everyday culture, in the upper classes. I don't belong but I can maybe break my way in if I am careful.
>>
start by buying a fedora and a trenchcoat. both timeless classic pieces that should be staples in every gentleman's wardrobe.
>>
>>18192018

the problem here is you're trying to rework your entire life in hopes that some random people will think of you a specific way.

people who try to be cool never are, we just look at them and cringe. the fact that you're asking shows you are no master of manipulation, you want to somehow be 'elegant and charming' but are asking 4chan on how to even get started.
>>
File: IMG_1193.jpg (498KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1193.jpg
498KB, 1200x600px
You are on the right path. What you should reflect upon are the similar stages the grand masters expressed subtly as well. We see their finished work, but what of their life? What of their struggles? Contented purpose is not your own, it is the result of the continued intellectual advancement of our kind. With that said, once you educate yourself to the point of the bloodied cutting edge, then you will know what you can create.
>>
it might have a meme reputation, but stoicism. start with epicteds letters.
>>
File: 30659.jpg (95KB, 309x475px) Image search: [Google]
30659.jpg
95KB, 309x475px
>>18192018
>>
>>18192069
yeah, also that
>>
>>18192038
You're right. A lot of it is in image. Not necessarily how others see me, per se, but wanting to be the kind of person that it represents. While I won't say that I'm not at all invested in how I'm viewed, what is more important to me is that I am a certain way and I guess that's spilling out now.

>>18192037

Lol. What I wear isn't really so important. I may have overstated that in the OP, being annoyed at myself sat here like a slob.

>>18192050>
You get it. Thanks. I think most will (maybe correctly) read me as a tryhard but I guess most of all I'm just struggling to form direction and you nudged me in the right way there.
>18192069
>>18192066
I'll do some reading in Stoic thought since it's recommended here. I wonder why the Stoics in particular, though?
>>
>>18192158

still same issue. what you want to be and what you are is not the same, and you will ultimately end up doing something because of how it makes you look instead of how it makes you feel, and people will cringe.
>>
>>18192163
I don't know if it is about what people see. Even in isolation, in only reflecting towards myself, this is what I'd want.

Whether I am rejecting myself is a good question and one I'll think about but what I'm inclined to believe is that there is a limiting belief in 'this is who I am' rather than 'this is who I am now'.

I appreciate your thoughts.
>>
>>18192316

then its the way you want to see your self.

the point im making is that you are going for image, even if you're the only one who sees it.

you're not doing what you want, you are doing what you think will make you 'cool'.
>>
>>18192316

there is a difference between self improvement and:
> want to be a renaissance within in a renaissance, denotes a progression towards a mastery that praises the masculine air and worships feminine sensibilities; Amorphous, and alluring.

and you can't even word that correctly.
>>
>>18192342
I wrote 'denotes' instead of 'denote'. It makes sense then
>>
What it is, realistically, is a narcissism. But I understand that.
>>
>>18192365

>winthin in
>>
I'm curious about what relevance this actually has. Is the implication that my lack of care in double-typing 'in' and adding an 's' and whatever other silly mistakes I made that have detracted from my sentiment make me entirely different to what I aspire to be - Irreconcilably so?

I think if I were to want to be measured then you have a point. I'd be careful with my words and polished in what I produce. What I'm confused over is what this has to do with the aspiration vs 'self-improvement'.
>>
>>18192396

no, the point is and has always been that you are not going to be the suave person you want to be, and that attempting to be suave for suave's sake is only going to make you look like a try hard idiot, the same way that attempting to type like an intellectual when you DO make those basic errors shows your true colors.

you don't naturally type like that, you're just trying to appear smart, and its not working.
>>
>>18192432
My speech style is actually fairly consistent with this. I just made a few mistakes. Your point is fair though: Don't be a tryhard.
>>
>>18192443

uh huh.
>>
>>18192018
Trenchcoat and fedora
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.