[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaining General Knowledge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Where can I go to learn general knowledge. Like I want to be able to have a conversation about just most things, and have ideas, solve problems and what not. Or am I suppose to focus on learning random things then control the conversation to lean to my advantage? I just want to be able to say oh did you know this or that works because of this.
>>
>>18191913

Just live. You'll pick up knowledge and skills that apply to your life. Instead of trying to do everything behind a computer, go out and learning will happen.
>>
>>18191913
I watched every pbs dovumentary and bbc ones on their websides back when I was a stoner.

When you have a question google it.
>>
>>18191921
But I feel like a computer can tell me the best of things and how certain things work. I want to look at something and know how it works, or just know facts about things to share with people.
>>
>>18191929
I think it'd look better if I just knew it. This is mainly in a group of people. If im by myself I dont mind googling, but its different with other people.
>>
>>18191932
>I want to look at something and know how it works,

Learning is a process. Stop looking for an easy way out.

>or just know facts about things to share with people.

Yeah, that's not that interesting. Having conversations is not sharing facts, it's sharing opinions and sometimes feelings. Facts alone don't make you a good conversationalist.
>>
>>18191955
lol I dont think im explaining this correctly

So what I meant was I want to just be able to answer random group questions we think of to a certain extent. I dont want to make a full conversation about it, I just want to be able to answer it without everyone stumbling on their phones finding all different pages of info.
>>
>>18191913
Not sure if any one thing would help, but consider the following options:

>Watching documentaries.
>Talking with people at businesses when you're there, if they seem willing to chat. I've learned a lot this way. Just ask some detain pertinent to the situation, "Say, as long as I'm here, I've been wondering how you guys do cornrows, like how long does it take, do you have a machine, how does it work?" That kind of thing.
>Watching how-to and educational youtube videos.
>Reading books on topics that require a lot of different skills. For example, just one of the books I've been reading the past few weeks (focused on sustainable living) has given me a fair amount of information on many subjects, such as hunting, fishing, growing food, cultivating land, storing grains, how to select quality tools, what to look out for when buying livestock, how to care for generators, how to pick a good yard site, and many more.

Finally, I'd say to remember that the kind of conversation you're looking for is often best facilitated by informed questions. You should know a little bit about a lot of things, specifically, just enough to ask pertinent questions when the topic comes up or when you're talking to someone who knows a lot about it.

TL;DR Ask questions and pay attention.
>>
>>18191961

Oh, so you want to replace Wikipedia then. Watch trivia shows, those answer those kind of question all the time.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.