[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't stop smiling like a idiot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: df472f6c1dcd7b6c.jpg (26KB, 320x486px) Image search: [Google]
df472f6c1dcd7b6c.jpg
26KB, 320x486px
Whenever I want to talk to a person, I smile most of the time. Even if it's about sad topics, I just can't stop smiling until I burst out of laughter. It's not even funny.

When I walk straight to a person, I immediately think of something funny and I smile like an idiot.

No one takes me serious because of that.

What the hell is wrong with me?
>>
>>18191879

what are they not taking you seriously about?
>>
>>18191887
I smile a lot during conversations, if I directly look at the person's eyes. I just can't stop it and thats why people don't talk about serious stuff with me and im sad because of it

I dont do drugs or other shit btw.
>>
>>18191898

sounds like you are a nervous person. similar issue here, my dad used to smack me because when he yelled at me or chastised me, id laugh. his slapping just made me more nervous, and id laugh again, and he'd smack me again, and it'd just keep going cuz he thought i was being insolent and laughing at him.

i think it helped me not get beat up once.

>few months ago
>Walking home
>black guy suddenly turns around and follows me
>ask if i have a lighter
>'no'
>he says 'do i know you?'
>me: 'no'
>him:' THEN WHY WERE YOU LOOKING AT ME THATS HOW YOU GET YOUR ASS BEAT!'
>i laugh
>he just turns around and walks away after that.
>>
smiling is a form of signaling submissiveness. kids do it if they are afraid of you. grosn ups do it for the same reason. but then it's mostly an anxiety issue.
>>
>>18191910
Could be, but I'm not really nervous during conversations.

Same thing happened to me, when a teacher yelled at me, told me to look at her eyes, and I just couldnt stop smiling. She still thought I'm making fun of her.

I honestly felt bad for her after that.

>>18191928
I honestly have no clue if i ever feel that
>>
>>18191943
no, you aren't aware in that situation. i do the same and i started that as a kid when my dad used to beat me up or yell at me. god, it made him so ANGRY. but i couldn't help it.
i now work with kids and one day came across this info and have been observing it since then and it's true.
today, i went to a seminar that also was about body language and the professor told a story about a guy that was desperate because he was excellent at his job but couldn't ever land a promotion or a raise. she asked him to act as if she was his audience at a meeting and what he did was look at the people around him, slightly tilt his head and smile like an idiot. those are all clear signs of submission (think about a dog that dis some shit and is trying to get your approval again. he lays on the floor, bares his belly, whimpers and shows you his neck, iow his most sensitive body part).
>>
File: i know this feel.gif (36KB, 200x146px) Image search: [Google]
i know this feel.gif
36KB, 200x146px
I'm just like you.

I actually enjoy it, though. What is better than a genuine laugh? Them going wtf makes it even more hilarious.
>>
>>18191982
So, what can i do against that?
>>
>>18191998
This guy is right

I laugh very rarily OP, i wish i would laugh more.
>>
>>18192005
that's not a relieving laughing...
>>
>>18192000
i guess you should work on seeing if the cause you picked that habit up is still bothering you and then work on your body language and general selfesteem.
>>
>>18192014
I work on my body language since months, it still hasn't changed anything. Thanks anyway
>>
>>18192020
yeah, you can't gloss over deeper issues just like that. that's like trying to give a rusty car a new paint job. you need to first get the base prepped for finishing touches to have any lasting effect.
>>
b-bump
>>
>>18191928

it can be but not always. I smile I lot but I am alpha as FUCK
>>
>>18192178
being someone that smiles a lot isn't the same as what op described. and having a secure presence but slipping submissive body language doesn't cancel each other out. sometimes the most alpha people are the most insecure ones...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.