[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where should I study? Germany or the Netherlands?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

As an EU citizen; I can study in Germany or the Netherlands for near zero tuition fees. I'm stuck between the two however. Later in life I would like to live in Switzerland and in Switzerland they speak predominantly a dialect of German.

The Netherlands has a 90% English fluency whilst Germany is 70%. Many courses in the Netherlands are taught in English whilst in Germany there are very few taught in English.

I'm leaning towards the Netherlands because of its low cost of living, high English fluency and exemplary universities. I can learn German on the side as well. Does /adv/ have any information that I've missed out?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EF_English_Proficiency_Index

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population
>>
>>18191137
99% of undergrad degrees are in the local language
>>
>>18191137
What country do you come from?
>>
>>18191137
Don't study in Germany. Universities in the middle east are no good.
>>
>>18191137
>I'm leaning towards the Netherlands because of its low cost of living

My boyfriend studied in the Netherlands for 2 years and spent twice as much as me each month. Germany is a bit less expensive in my experience.
>>
>>18191137
Netherlands has better universities and higher standard. You will probably got kicked out.
Btw, undergrad are in Dutch. Obviously.
>>
>>18191222
>>18191194

Being Dutch myself, I can safely say that there are always undergrad degrees and/or courses in English.
Heck, almost every mid-size to big city has high school/college education in English as well.

tl;dr fuck Germany. Come to the Netherlands. We actually have humor here.
>>
>>18191137
Romanian/Bulgarian spotted

go ahead, leave your country, you fucking deserter.
>>
>>18191137
Go to netherlands. English will help you move to the US afterwards. Also the swiss speak german very differently than actual germans
>>
>>18191252
>English will help you move to the US afterwards.
Fuck off, we're full.
>>
>>18191137
If you want to move to Switzerland later I suggest you to study in Bavaria. The dialect is pretty similar to the one in Switzerland and you have the best nature around you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.