[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering starting to smoke casually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

I will preface this by saying that I have tried many hard drugs in the past once or twice just to see, but felt generally unenthused by the results. The closest semblance of addiction I've ever had from any of it was a curious craving to try cocaine once more, which I simply ignored for a couple weeks and it went away.

Anyway, I generally can't stand life and one thing I've found that has helped me along is meditation and reflection. Its always seemed to me that smoking is very much a little break from the world, a quiet step out from people/stress/work etc but reality comes crashing back. I'm sure I'm romanticising it a little but I'd like to explore that a little.

I'm considering 1 smoke a day, with an allowance of 2 in a day if I have had a gap in that week. I eat very well and I exercise every day. The impact on my health, at least sure term, would be completely negligible.

What are your thoughts? Any smokers here? Ex-smokers?
>>
>a quiet step out from people/stress/work

Think of it this way. You may get that bit of a break while smoking but the nicotine withdrawal will make you even more stressed all the time that you are not smoking. A 10 minute reprieval is not worth making the base problem worse 95% of the time.
>>
>>18190858
At best your mouth will smell like shit and you will waste your money for the most artificial dopamine release.
>>
It's real dopamine
>>
>>18190863
What about e-cigarettes? Nicotine by itself is only really comparable to caffeine in addiction.

>>18190868
The smell is definitely a concern, but will once a day really create that if I'm brushing, using mouth wash and chewing the odd mint?
>>
>>18190871
It's like how masturbation gives you dopamine.It's real and it feels good, but what you have done is just bullshit really.So that's why I say it's artificial.
>>
>>18190858
As a smoker smoking is the one thing I wish I never did. I started casually after other burnable things.

no reason to use E-cigarettes for nicotine if you aren't a smoker too, no point getting addicted to something you don't need to get addicted to.

Also, he's not talking about just your breath, the smoke smell lingers on your body for a while after smoking, ever sat in a smokers car? they don't need an ashtray in there and it will smell like one.

you won't make it out happy or healthy, it's not negligible to your health, it's a snowball and you'll fucking feel it when one a day isn't enough and then it's 8 and every day you're coughing in the morning.
>but I have self-control, I just won't smoke more than one or two
I thought the same thing.
so did many other people.
don't be a fucking idiot.
If you don't smoke then don't start, simple as that.
>>
>>18190890
So why did you start?
>>
Do you need to actually smoke? Just say you are going on a smoke break and then do whatever for your 15 minutes.

Honestly its kinda bullshit that smokers get to take breaks for their bad habit while everyone else is expected to continue working strait through. When will chronic masturbaters get to take a fap break during work?
>>
>>18190898
You realise everyone gets legal breaks and its not just for smokers right? Also no I don't need it. I don't /need/ anything other than food and water, but I'm curious which is why I thought I'd learn more about it first.
>>
>>18190896
>I started casually after other burnable things.

>>18190898
I have the same amount of time for breaks as everyone else.
>>
>>18190903
Sorry its late and my mind just skipped a beat there
>>
Don't start smoking.
You can say you'll only have "one or two" but that's just how it starts and it'll hook you and make it a bitch to quit.
>>
smoker here

i started casually too
then an event caused me a lot of stress and i became regular, half a pack a day
i suggest not to, it kills, other ppl dont like it

the charm of having a smokebreak with fellow nicotinists doesnt outweight the harmful part
>>
Try cigars instead of cigarettes.

Cigarettes are small, and therefore numerous in packs so you are tempted to have them all the time, leading to addiction.
Many people think of them as stress-relievers. They don't change much between brand and they just look trashy.

Cigars are large and unwieldy to carry around, sometimes requiring humidors.
They also take 40 minutes to 2 hours to finish depending, so you can't just light one at random.
Rather than a quick hit, cigars are for enjoying flavour and rewarding yourself, or for special occasion.
They also look cooler than cigarettes.

Not to mention cigars have their own aficionado groups that compare brands and get-together quite often. Nice people, too.
>>
>>18190896
Because it's fucking cool. And nicotine is awesome. And when you're a 20 year old living on coffee and smokes in between bouts of binge drinking you don't really give a shit.
>>
>>18190858
If you think meditation and reflection will help you why don't you put the time you're planning on investing into this new smoking habit and just start meditating instead. You don't even really need a break to center yourself and think mindfully while working, once you hone the ability.
>>
Cigarettes are the shittiest "drugs" there are. They make you smell, damage your skin and make your teeth yellow, impact your sense of taste and smell and are associated with pretty much all sorts of cancer even bracketing lung cancer itself. It's very expensive.

And all this for a little moment of quiet or nicotine fix. Yes everyone has at some point heard of someone who smokes one cigarette daily and never more. But virtually no one can keep this up and what's more, it's simply not worth taking the risk. The real benefits to smoking are more elusive and really hard to rid yourself of - that excuse to have a couple of minutes to yourself, the bonding over sharing a cigarette with a friend or a stranger, the excuse to simply be. No one asks why you're quiet or whether everything's okay if you're just enjoying a smoke. These are the real things that are hard to let go of.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.