[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Unknown.jpg (5KB, 269x188px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
5KB, 269x188px
pic unrelated

F, 27
I've felt uncomfortable with my name all my life, I remember trying to go for a different one for the first time when I was 7.
While I've never found a name that I actually want, I've gotten more and more reasons to feel uncomfortable with my name (I'm not really happy about my family/country/ethnicity, I have problem rolling the r's in my surname, it's too long and way too common to the point I've met many other women with same name/surname, and I just don't consider it aesthetic).
I might immigrate to another country soon, but even if not, I started traveling a lot so I hope I'll make lots of new acquaintances.
But I'm not sure how to deal with people that already know me saying treating it as a stupid thing. I don't think it's a huge change, but I do feel uncomfortable with my name and changing it should only concern me anyway. Similarly, I know I'll get shit if I choose a non spanish surname (while traveling, I'd rather not always stand out as a 'spic', I've been mistaken for several other ethnicities and I like it that way).

What should I do/avoid doing with the name change?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>18190574
What's your name?
>>
>>18190604
Francisca Carrasco
>>
>>18190605

What exactly bothers you about it? Are you sure it's not just an excuse for something else? Are you dissatisfied with your life in any way?
>>
>>18190620
>I'm not really happy about my family/country/ethnicity, I have problem rolling the r's in my surname, it's too long and way too common to the point I've met many other women with same name/surname, and I just don't consider it aesthetic
It has never really felt like -my- name, somehow.
>>
>>18190622

Oh, I somehow managed to overlook your entire post.
You can always shorten it when introducing yourself
"Hey I'm Fran"
As far as your family and ethnicity is concerned, they are part of who you are. Like it or not. You might fool others but you'll never fool yourself.
>>
>>18190657
but I feel that it's "fooling myself" to try forcing myself into accepting my name, I do genuinely feel uncomfortable whenever people address me by my name or I'm forced to say it aloud.
>>
>>18190574
I up and changed my name to Owen from Mike many years ago when I moved away (not very far). I feel like you get ONE name change. Any more and no one will take you seriously. I also just introduced myself with my new name to new people. High school friends still call me the old name and that's fine.

Tbh no one really cares. Don't feel too weird about it, just choose one and commit.
>>
>>18190658

Then you've already made up your mind about it.
I think Owen Mike over here >>18190660
has a good point about doing it just once.
What I would do further is choose a name and start introducing yourself using that one. If you still feel comfortable with that after a prolonged period of time (at least several months) then go ahead and change it for real.
>>
so are you trans op?
>>
>>18190683
no, not trans

>>18190671
it´s only possible to change it legal in my country one time in life anyway, and I think my OP post made it clear that it was decided, but how to go about it is the awkward part

>>18190660
> Tbh no one really cares. Don't feel too weird about it, just choose one and commit
that is pretty awesome, thanks
>>
>>18190574
Try to avoid naming yourself the same way you name your world of warcraft character, consciously or subconsciously. Don't fall into the metaphysical "each syllable is special to me" trap either.

The less control you give yourself the easier it is to avoid this. I'd suggest picking a name from a list of popular names at random.
>>
>>18190657
Fuck that family has nothing to do with who you are
>>
Use legal zoom they will give you all the papers for your state to fill out. The procsess is about $300 all together. In my state i had to first file a petition in court (the juge will pass it as long as its not a crazy name like fuck mcfuckstein or if you have a criminal background) after the judge authorizes the petition you will give a paper from the court to give to your local news paper , the news paper will publish you petition and if noone has anything to say about it you go back to court and they authorize the name change. After the court and newspaper stuff you then have to go to your local social security office to get your updated ss card. After you get the ss card you will then have to apply for your liscense with your new name on your ssn. After all that stuff is over you let people lile insurance and your bank know about your change so they can update it
>>
>>18190658
Before I changed my last and middle names i found names i liked and started to order take out food with my name to see if i liked signing as that name and seeing it on paper. Dont forget your a female you could always marry a guy of a ethnicy of you liking and take his last name
>>
>>18190574

>"hi im fran but i don't identify as a fran"

what has this world come to
>>
I'm a pasty white guy named Quentin...
You're fine.
>>
>>18190658
Lol stfu Frank
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.