[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mother favors abusive oldest son.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: layerCopy.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
layerCopy.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
F

So I have this brother who has been an abusive prick ever since I was young. He would throw things, push, and hit me as well as verbally torment me if I ever did anything to annoy him. Did I mention he's almost 30 and still living at home? Yeah.
Whenever I tell our mom about this she would blame me for it. Saying I shouldn't have done this or that, basically anything to claim his innocence.
Here's the thing, before a month ago she didn't like him either but now she 'wants to have a better relationship with her kids' so she's starting to show blatent favoratism towards him.

I already have horrible anxiety and panic attacks as it is but now that I know I will not even be slightly believed when he attacks me... I feel trapped.

I'm trying to just avoid him and keep from thinking about him but my mother just doesn't understand why I feel uncomfortable when she sings his praises around me. And I feel she thinks I'm being overly sensitive or paranoid because she equates panic attacks as being crazy.
I don't know what to do, guys...
>>
Next time your brother does some bullshit to you, call him right the fuck out in front of your mom. He needs to know his place.
>>
>F 17
does this look like reddit

regardless, about your actual problem: you need to assess what you can do to make your situation better.
Your brother sounds unstable as fuck and there's no way you'll change him
Your mother doesn't exacty sound reliable either, and to take decisions like "have a better relationship with him" when he's 30, and going about it that way sounds like extreme bullshit. I'd advise against your trying to change her mind/making her see the light. Been there done that, and again, this situation has been going on for 30 years, there's only so much a 17yo living at home at the mercy of these adults can do.

So the most useful thing you can do is to focu on yourself, and on your system of support. Talk about this situation when you need to let off steam, but try to keep your whole life from being affected by this issue. If you find yourself stressing about it daily even though there's nothing you can do or nothing of note even happened that day, then its problematic.

Find friends you can talk to about this but don't drown them in it. If there's free counseling/therapy at your school, go there, it helps a lot. Talk about this on /adv/ too but don't, don't rely on it as your only platform. Face-to-face conversations are 10 times better. Treat yourself ever so often, and don't hate yourself for fucking hating the situation.

If you can distanciate yourself from this toxic situation, do it: this could be getting a non-stressful job that keeps you away from home, going to friends' places, to the library a lot, anything. I managed to board at my school for my last year of high school and it did fucking wonders for everyone involved.

And always remember: you're dealing with a manchild and somewhat of a womanchild. Any arguing won't convince them and will only rile you up for nothing. You're 17, and some people (friends or adults) won't take you seriously or understand the scope of what is going on. Find people you trust.
>>
Definitely get out asap. I am assuming the place you live in states that when you turn 18 you are a legal adult. If that is the case and you plan on going to university or college, I highly recommend moving out, with or without letting them know (your choice). Either live on student res if you can afford it, find a room on Craigslist, or ask a friend if they are willing to take you in and let you live with them while you study.

There is no sense in keeping such negative people in your life, especially if they are your triggers for anxiety/panic attacks.
>>
>>18190321
>17
holy shit why do retards come here without knowing the rules and culture.

Rule 2:
"You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18."

Sure you can post, half the site is under 18. But at least have the self-awareness to not tell people your age, that's how you get banned.
>>
>>18190321
find a safe place to stay that isn't with them
tell your mother that she doesn't love you (if your story is true, she doesn't)
>>
>>18190321
Go kill yourself, you fucking underage slut.
>>
>>18190491
what the fuck would that second part accomplish except uselessly making her sound like a brat and giving her mom something to complain about
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.