[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone regret having kids?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: DE_diagram[1].jpg (64KB, 720x524px) Image search: [Google]
DE_diagram[1].jpg
64KB, 720x524px
I figure this is about the only place I'll get honest answers.

I'm 32 and I've never felt the desire to have children. I thought by now maybe I'd have made up my mind.

My girlfriend is 27 and we've been on/off for 8 years (mostly on). She decided she wants kids and will want to move on soon if I don't want to have kids, so it's not too late for her to meet someone.

I don't blame her for this at all but I'm also not sure what to do. I would marry her otherwise, we make each other really happy.

I know a lot of people say having kids is the best thing you'll ever do, etc. But I also feel like parenthood is a miserable club people try to drag each other into because they're jealous of the their childless counterparts.

Apart from financial issues, responsibilities, the possible drag on our relationship, I have never felt that spark or whatever that made me want to become a parent. I'm not saying it will never happen, but the clock seems to be ticking for me, at least with this relationship.

Any advice?
>>
>>18190119
I've heard that relationship satisfaction peaks for a short time after the baby is born, and then it significantly drops until 18 years later. I also have an aunt and uncle that never had kids and they have no regrets, their life is amazing
>>
>>18190119
The reason you don't hear people talking badly about being parents is that they'd be ostracized. Don't get me wrong, I love my children and regret is a big word, BUT I never wanted to be a parent.
>>
>>18190119
Jealous ??? Lol

I love having kids. I don't give a crap
About anyone else either way.

It's amazing.

But if it isn't for you don't do it. I didn't know I wanted kids for sure but my boyfriend at the time startled me saying he wanted to have kids with me. After 4 years, I knew it was what I wanted.

Never been happier.
>>
>>18190126
I've taken a lot of psychology classes including psychology of marriage and this is true.

Typically marriage satisfaction drops the most by the time a child is age 10.

There are 2 spikes in divorces. 1 when the youngest child graduates kindergarten (that's when my parents divorced) and 1 when the youngest child graduates high school.

I'd love to stay with her and have a childless marriage but she seems set on having kids. I honestly don't know why, she used to not want them. She doesn't seem to like kids, and can't tell me what made her change her mind. Maybe it's some biological mechanism.
>>
>>18190119
Here's what you do OP
>Secretly get her sterilized
>Tell her your all on board for having the baby
>have tons of sex
>why is there no baby???
>convince her she's just infertile
>be there to "comfort" her
No baby and you'll be even closer to your gf.
>>
>>18190136
Please, let's hear your thoughts for how to get her secretly sterilized.
>>
>>18190136
>>18190139

Sterilise yourself OP. Vasectomy.
>>
>>18190119
No experience in this field, but I would want to think it only gets worse from that point in a relationship.
>>
>>18190135
Biological probably.

Be honest and say you're not ready, better than hating it/he/she w/e

Marriage is mostly for having children and nobody should be stuck in a childless marriage.
>>
>>18190119

I think kids are a wonderful thing for prepared people that really want them. Some kids can be delightful to be around. I used to want kids, as this romantic idea I guess, like how you want to be a policeman or fireman until you realize that actually means being the first person showing up to a fat person that shit themselves and broke their leg slipping in it.

I'm around your age, and most people I know with kids are pretty unhappy with life, or are super stressed in general. The ones that are coping the best are the ones that have come up with strategies to get away from their kids on a regular basis. The only exception I really have is a friend who got a girl pregnant, she absolutely refused to abort, and he's having a great time and adores her, but she inherited a bunch of money so he just works 20 hours a week as a hobby and really could just spend the rest of his life raising his daughter and doing nothing else.

I am sure there are happy parents. I am sure there are parents who didn't want kids and became happy. But I think "trying it out" is an awfully big risk - you can't just decide that a kid wasn't for you like you can an animal, by giving it to someone else or leaving it at the pound. You'll go to jail or be ostracized from society and friends and shit.

If you don't want kids, stay kid-free. Let her move on.
>>
>>18190132
I read an article earlier today about parents judging non parents but I can't find it. It's definitely not everyone, but there's a lot of sentiment that childless couples are selfish, lazy, can't handle responsibility, etc. I also never hear any parents say they regret having kids, it's always the BEST thing they've ever done even while one kid has a tantrum and the other has a diaper explosion in public. I just don't fully buy it, that's all. I know there's gotta be a percentage out there that hate being parents. It's gotta be more than just Casey Anthony and Scott Peterson.

>>18190149
I agree but she doesn't want to have kids right now, just in a few years. She just doesn't want to be looking for a husband as she is nearing her reproductive end, which I totally understand.

Marrying her would be basically taking a gamble that I will want to become a parent in the next 5 years. If we end up breaking up and I decide I do want kids afterall, I'd feel like I lost a really good relationship for no reason. Could regret it the rest of my life.
>>
>>18190199

So I had a "thing" going on with a girl that I worked with that had recently had a baby... she wasn't sure if she was going to marry the dad or stay with him at all or whatever and was into me... whatever. Point is, she revealed to me that it was really hard for her to say to anyone but me, but she didn't really like being a mother. She was against abortion and so the kid was coming one way or the other, but that she missed what her life was like before the kid.

She felt like she "had" to love him, and talk about nothing but how amazing he was all the time, when really she just wanted to smack the thing against the wall sometimes.

She's doing better and a lot of that was just depression, plus we ended our thing and she's married to the guy, but it goes to show that it's taboo to talk about.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.