[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I Have Anonymous Legal Advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

File: Invasion of the Body Snatchers.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Invasion of the Body Snatchers.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
Some kids were skateboarding on my father's private property. I went outside to confront them and was met with racial slurs and derogatory statements (I'm black, they're white). There were 2 older children aged around 16 and 2 scrawny younger children aged 11 (as mentioned during the assault).

Angered by this, I took one of their skateboards from their grip. An 11 year old jumped on my back, putting me in a headlock while repeatedly punching me. I managed to escape and punch back but he then punched my windpipe and I went down. He then wrapped his legs around my neck and squeezed. I had a panic attack and urinated myself (this sometimes happens during my panic attacks), I was telling him that I gave up but he just kept squeezing and rendered me unconscious. During this he said, "You're the first nigger who I made piss himself". Just a disgusting human.

I had lost 3 teeth, including one of my front teeth. I had bitten off a part of my tongue and had massive bruising across the face and neck area.

I am wary of calling the police before knowing what will happen. They recorded the whole thing and have video evidence of me attempting to strike a minor (in self defense). I'm also being told from my sister who recently started studying law, that the act of taking his skateboard would be assault and that the kid acted in 'self-defense'. Also, that it's possible that it could be seen as "a white minor protecting his property from a thieving adult black man" which is the last thing I want. So what will happen if I go to the courts?

Pic not even close to being related. I just didn't know what to put so enjoy a pic of Donald Sutherland to brighten the mood!
>>
>>18189869
You fucked yourself by starting it retard. They went way overboard and they will probably get fucked for that because physical violence is not considered acceptable in defense of purely property. You might be able to get them to go to juvie but they also might get off with a slap on the wrist since you, the adult, started it by just taking their skateboard.

Never start what you can't finish retard. Still, it sound severe enough that it might be worth going to the cops since what you did is very very minor compared to what they did.
>>
>>18189900
That's what I thought unfortunately. Is there a chance than they can spin it so I'm the culprit? I don't think I trust the justice system enough to go to the police.

I never meant to start a fight. I was just angry and wasn't thinking straight.
>>
>>18189916
can you get a way more expensive lawyer and put in a few tens of grands?

if yes, go for it
if no, well you know the answer.
>>
You got your ass kicked by an 11yo kid?

Lol
>>
>>18189919
Well thanks anyway, I was doubtful of it working anyway.

>>18189920
Never was much of a fighter, I prefer chess :D
>>
Yeah, you took their property, which was not the correct move. You escalated it, so you're not gonna get many brownie points there, however they still assaulted you and will most def get slammed with something if you press charges.

If they're gonna try and play the self defense card, I dont think it will go well on their end. Because if someone takes a weak swing at you, and in return you beat them unconscious and then shoot them in the face, judge is gonna say that was overkill (literally).
Those kids ceased to be in any danger after they thoroughly kicked your ass.

Anyway, chances are this is just a civil suit anyway, one that you have a high chance of winning if you have that much evidence. You won't send them to jail, but you can get a fuck ton of money from their rich parents and get your hospital bills paid. Lawyer up, cops have little involvement other than being a recorder of evidence. Which you can also do yourself.
>>
>>18189924
I don't know, I have a lot to lose if I go through with this. How much would all lawyer fees and the whole court process cost? And how much would you estimate the reward to be at maximum? They looked middle-classed, in a suburban area so I think they would have some money.

I could pretend that I didn't take their skateboard. If they use the video evidence, then they would also show all the racist abuse so I don't think they would use it in defense. Would you recommend this?
>>
Out of curiosity, what was the weight and height of the kid? This better be one of them abnormally huge children, otherwise there's no excuse to be pissing yourself.
>>
That's rough man, I'm sorry.

I would much likely have acted the same way if it had happened to me, in my eyes you didn't do anything wrong but kids are kids. Can't really help you out here.

Hope you recover, all the best.
>>
>>18189940
Well, as I said they were scrawny. Kid was about 4'10 to 5 foot. He had his shirt off, looked like a Holocaust survivor, maybe like 90 lbs. I'm 5'11 and weigh a lot more but when you get punched in the throat I don't think the weight matters. Just to add, when I was 11, I was playing dungeons and dragons...

>>18189943
Thanks man, it's appreciated. Most of the people I spoke to have sided with the kids (I went on a lawyer forum that was unhelpful). Glad to know there's someone out there that takes my side.
>>
>>18189869
Sadly it doesn't look to good for you:

>video evidence that can be used against you
>minors (so even if you win, it won't be a big deal for them)
>it was idiotic to start it by taking his skateboard
>most importantly, being black in Murica

It's fucked up but yeah, probably not worth the risk losing the money on a lawyer unless you can find someone working on a pro bono basis.

Not sure what I'd do in your situation, their behavior was way over the fucking top even ignoring your injuries.
>>
>>18189933
when you win, nothing. Because you'll sue for court costs on top of your damages. A lot of laywers even have a rule about they'll take your case and if they lose it's free. (Now, granted these lawyers generally only take cases that are sure wins, but they'll hear your case out.)
Your reward will correlate to your damages. IE, the hospital bill, which I'm sure was extensive given the description of your injuries. If you had to miss work over this, you can sue for lost wages. You can try to sue for a number of other bullshit things, my fave being "emotional distress" but the likelyhood of winning that is a tossup.
What you'd actually win would have to be talked to with a real lawyer. I'm just a daughter of a lawyer and know a thing or two second hand.

Do not lie or pretend shit. Tell your lawyer what happened, keep and show all evidence, and do what they tell you.

If you think it's not worth the trouble, then fuck off. If you see the kids on your property again, just call the cops in the first place.
>>
>>18189959
How would I find someone working on a pro bono basis? I know nothing about Law.

>>18189976
I do want to take it further, it's just that every lawyer I've spoken to online has told me that I'm in the wrong and they could even counter-sue! I guess it's worth talking to a real life lawyer to see what they think. If I knew that the odds of a counter-sue was zero then I think I would try to sue, money is just money but I don't want to play with my freedom.
>>
>>18189996
>elawyers
kek.
Yeah, go look up local law firms, see if any of them will listen to your story.
If you're concerned about a countersuit, ask yourself this.
What is their damages? The kid didn't get hurt, his skateboard didn't get stolen. He lost NOTHING in this exchange. Ergo, he has nothing to sue for. You lost money due to a hospital stay he inflicted upon you. You actually lost something.

But again, go talk to a real lawyer, if they still feel you don't have a case, I'd just move on. If those kids ever come by again, call the cops on them for trespassing, show their parents that video of their shit racist remarks. They may or may not care, but if they do you can at least get them grounded or something.
>>
>>18190004
They have the video, I haven't seen it but considering today's youth it's probably being watched by millions on Worldstar as we speak.

I did punch back against the kid, although I doubt they did any damage, but it could have left a bruise for all I know. I also know I made his leg bleed somewhat from scratching him. He trod on my neck after he knocked me out, forced me to apologize for making his leg bleed as well as repeat some racial slurs.
>>
I want to help you but this is too funny, he's 90 pounds 11 years old and knocked you out. Then made you apologize? Hahahaha!
>>
>>18190067
Honestly, this op. Wtf.
>>
>>18190067
>>18190093
He obviously had some martial arts experience. I don't think my fighting skills are the issue here to be honest.
>>
Grabbing someones skateboard is one thing, but assaulting someone and attempting to kill them ;^)))) is a whole 'nother ball game. Tell your dad and have him talk to lawyer, would be my /adv/
>>
>>18190156
Well I doubt he was trying to kill me, but it definitely was assault. I'm 20 years old by the way, my dad doesn't need to get involved!
>>
>>18190067
A hit to the right place can fuck up even some 6.6 250pound beast, even when coming from a kid. Then consider that OP hangs on 4chains, while this kid does sports and attacks another person like it's nothing, so probably got fight experience too. Then there is also the 4-1 situation, even if they don't attack, it's still putting extra pressure on a person, and we didn't even get to panic attacks.
>>
>>18190171
I know he wasn't trying to kill you, I'm getting at him choking you while you were down, which I assume is also on video. An attorney may be able to use something like that in your favor. Again, I suggest talking to a lawyer about this instead of 4chan
>>
>>18190171
Oh and you could probably get them for hate crimes as well, depending on your state.
>>
>>18190205
Yeah, it is. If they have any kind of competent lawyer though I'm sure he'll tell them to delete it though.

>>18190190
Yeah, it was obvious that he was experienced. I doubt an untrained kid would just attack someone a foot taller than him like that.
>>
>>18189869
Alright OP what state do you live in? The reason being that unless you live in bumfuck redneckville Alabama, you can and should make this into a racial issue. Go to some lawyers offices, try and get some legal representation. Failing that, contact the police and file charges. Contact a local news station, tell them your story nowadays with the bleeding heart culture you'll pick up some noteriety and a local lawyer will probably pick up the case if nothing else but publicity, plus makes it easier to win.
>>
Just as worse, it's Tennessee. I'm going to discuss it over with my family, I'm 50/50 on this.
>>
>>18190235
If they delete the footage then they're in an even worse situation because OP is obviously injured and now they don't even have proof of him grabbing their skateboard
>>
>>18190262
If they keep the footage, then I can't see that being good for them. I lost the fight pretty early, the leg choking, treading on my neck and the racism surely wouldn't work in their favor!
>>
>>18190262
They could simply cut out the rest and remove the audio to hide the racial abuse parts, blaming it on technical difficulties or some shit.

>>18190258
Best of luck winning if you decide to sue. This is some crazy shit that shouldn't happen. I grew up in second world shithole where violence and drugged up 11 year olds were pretty common but when fights happened they never escalated that much.
>>
>>18190284
Even without audio, it still looks pretty bad. Couldn't the court tell if its been tampered with?

I live in a relatively nice area, we don't really experience this here. Goes to show, there's assholes everywhere.
>>
>>18190308
>Couldn't the court tell if its been tampered with?
Depends on how hard they try to find out, and how hard the kids tried to hide it. Though I guess given their actions these guys aren't exactly intellectuals.
>>
>>18189869
Best thing to do here is just get revenge, OP. Court is not going to side with you, the circumstances will only hurt you. Just wait until they come back by your property. Now, your best bet if you cannot fight is to do something else. Spray them with the a hose or some shit. Let loose a big ugly doberman on the little bastards. Shoot them with a paintball gun. Odds are they won't cry to mommy and daddy because they knew what they did earlier and they're too young to know they'd win a court case. They don't want to get in trouble. Get back at them.
>>
>>18190334
Eh, sounds like you're underestimating the situation. For one, kids aren't THAT stupid. Other than that, there is a good chance that their parents may ask for details if they notice that something is wrong, even if they want to hide it, something might slip. Now given how the kids acted, it's likely that they parents aren't big fans of anybody darker than milk and will get a huge lawyer boner at the thought to sue a black guy over attacking their poor, innocent white kid. When it happens, OP won't even be in the right anymore.

Besides all that, there is still the chance that they will come back with more friends. AND, revenge ain't gonna pay the medical bills for OP either way nor necessary make him feel much better.

That said, it's hard not to sympathize with the idea of this faggots learning a lesson.
>>
>>18189869

idk mate

when I was a scrawny white kid growing up in the ghetto, i got my ass kicked for calling a black kid a nigger and the cop said that saying that was "fighting words."
>>
>>18190334
To be honest, I would be afraid to confront them again. Don't get me wrong, I would love to. He made me repeat some rage inducing shit to the camera, but I don't think I would be able to do anything which wouldn't get me arrested or my ass kicked again.

>>18190361
Yeah, these are my thoughts as well.

>>18190378
Times have hopefully changed.
>>
What did he make you say? And why couldn't you just remove his legs if he's so skinny?
>>
>>18189869
underage gtfo
>>
>>18189869
If it happened on your property and you were on that private property when they took the skateboard then you're in the clear
>>
>>18190406
So he was kicking my face to wake me up, not proper kicks but still kind of painful. When I was up, he trod on my neck, told me to apologize and say immature racist shit like "I'm your slave". Spat on me and then left. All this over a skateboard may I remind you.

>>18190410
I'm 20.
>>
>>18190433
It was my father's property, does this count?
>>
>>18190435
if your father did not permit them to be on the property then they were trespassing and in violation of property laws.
>>
>>18189869
know your place
>>
Poor bitch nigger pissed himself in front of the superior child.
>>
Dude... you're black, they're white. You're going to lose. You lost already.

What I suggest is that you post a No Trespassing sign on your property and take a picture of it. If they return, call the cops. Don't confront them again.
>>
Yeah, discussed it with my family. I'm not going to go through with it. And they did show up again, just loitering around my house for a while. I didn't confront them.
>>
>>18189869
>black man gets his ass kicked by a 16 yo white boi

Fuck im embarrassed for you, arent you guys supposed to be the race with all the melee passives and strength bonuses
>>
>>18192796
Re-read it, man. It's worse than you suspect. It was an 11 year old who beat him loool. Tyson and Ali must be shaking their heads right now.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.