[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Job vacation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1452186362288.jpg (11KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452186362288.jpg
11KB, 500x500px
I just had an interview for a part time job at a supermarket and let the manager know that I am going to be away 10 days in July and 7 in August and another 5 days spread throughout the summer. She didn't seem thrilled. But did I make the right choice by letting them know before being hired?
>>
By the way I was still offered the job, she just didn't seem thrilled
>>
>>18189654

You're not getting hired, soo too late to worry. Why would they hire someone who turns up and basically says "I want this job, but I won't necessarily be available when you need me"? There are other people who need the job too and will get it done too.
>>
>>18189654
If you get the job just work your ass off make them feel they made a good choice
>>
>>18189654
Being employed means that you belong to your employer mind, body, and soul. You don't get to tell them when you can go on vacation.
>>
>>18189654

You made the right choice, and don't listen to these people.

A) You're young. The couple of bucks this job is going to make you isn't worth losing the experience of going away for the summer with family or friends or whatever it may be. You won't look back on your deathbed and wish you'd really gotten that job stocking shelves when you were 19.

B) A job is not fucking entitled to your mind, body, and soul. Don't listen to that other faggot. Work to live, don't live to work. Remember, the only reason you HAVE a job is so you have the money to go do the other shit you actually enjoy. There is no other purpose, besides providing for those you may care about.

You have the job - show them you're a hard worker, put in good effort, and never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, feel bad about taking vacation when you get into the workforce. That shit will eat at your soul.
>>
Been in that situation as a supervisor. They likely hired you out of desperation, or they genuinely like you based on the interview. Supermarkets always have it weirdly lax in that missing one person one day usually doesnt just fuck everything up.

Like everyones saying, don't push your luck around them with scheduling and make those fewer days you're there worth it. You did the right thing being up front about it though imo, its just a part time retail job, they can adapt around that I'm sure.
>>
>>18189654
Wow, things are really bad. You know the economy's fucked when you have so many applicants for every position that something as little as a pre-planned vacation sets you back behind the other 120 applicants for the part-time supermarket position.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.