[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mattress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: king-mattress[1].png (146KB, 533x280px) Image search: [Google]
king-mattress[1].png
146KB, 533x280px
I'm probably sounding like an idiot, but I need help buying a new mattress. It sounds so simple, but wading through the endless stream of marketing, personal opinions and false information makes it really hard for me to make a decision.

how much money should I drop on a new mattress?
are ikea mattresses good enough or do I need to go to more expensive, specialized shops?
>>
>>18189166
Go to shop. Try very one and each of them personally with your own back.

Dont buy the cheapest and definitely dont buy the most expensive either.

I have found out mattresses from foam are easier to transport (you can roll them without damage), it doesnt alert your surroundings when you have sex and has 9999 options on hard / soft and other features.

Just ask clerk in shop to give you run down. It is very subjective which you want. Also take measures of your bed so you know the size of your bed.
>>
>>18189217
This, but also haggle them on the price. Write down the make and model of this mattress and threaten to take your business somewhere else.

The Markup on mattresses is insanely high, so you have a lot of space to negotiate.
>>
>>18189610
good to know!
>>
Mattresses loose their firmness over time. You get accustomed to your soft mattress. A soft mattress is not good for you. Try out mattresses in the store, and you are guaranteed to pick one that is too soft. It will feel different than your old tired one. In a few weeks you will get used to it.

It does not have to be expensive. A mattress is a combination of fabric, foam, fluff, steel wire. None of these are expensive. They are produced on an industrial scale. What costs money in the mattress is really just marketing and selling, and getting the mattress from the manufacturer to the store to you. It is a bulky item. Shipping is really the biggest expense in manufacturing those. Design and product development get diluted due to large production series.
What follows is that all mattresses should have a similar price. It does not matter witch one you buy. No manufacturer knowingly produce a bad product. That is crap. You do not need any specialized zones or stuffing made from fluffy kittens. A mattress is a commodity. They are frankly interchangeable.
Buy from someone who produce a lot of them.
>>
>>18189166
>>18189610
>>18189805

I have run a mattress business for 8 years and this is the typical advice I see. Let me offer my perspective.

1. You can certainly make threats about taking your business elsewhere, but you are more likely to get a deal from me by being friendly, researched, and offering to send me more business if you are well taken care of. I highly value referrals.
2. The mark-up on mattresses isn't as much as people think. We buy for $1 and sell for $2. Also, the industry is competitive so certain beds have little to no mark-up. If it's not profitable to sell it, we won't.
3. Certain brands like Tempur are price protected like Apple (i.e. no discounts) but also have grown over-priced
4. While the basic components of mattresses are simple, the way they are used, densities of foams, layering, coil structure, etc. vary wildly.
5. Makes and models of beds vary by retailer in nearly all brands so comparison shopping is hard.

Overall, identify the problem you are trying to solve (back issues, tossing and turning, etc.) and find a salesperson who knows their stuff. Most of us want to make you happy because we have a return policy and in a highly competitive industry, we want you to refer others. I appreciate people who are direct with me about what they want.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.